Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah his knock is his size at PF, and lack of outside shooting to play SF. Still love the motor though.
    Lol I don't get the knock on his size. He's 6'8.25 w/ shoes with a 7 foot wingspan.

Tristan Thompson measured identical to him.

That type of size is not an issue bc post defense isn't something that should be heavily valued in todays NBA. Being able to step out and defend on the perimeter is much more valuable -- which he has.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I don't get the knock on his size. He's 6'8.25 w/ shoes with a 7 foot wingspan.

That type of size is not an issue bc post defense isn't something that should be heavily valued in todays NBA. Being able to step out and defend on the perimeter is much more valuable -- which he has.
    Tristan Thompson allegedly grew an inch after he was drafted, and with a standing reach at least 4 inches better at draft time and wingspan 1.5 better, plus he got about 20 pounds heavier than Bell before he really started heavy minutes at the 5.

I'm not hating on Bell when I refer to him as small or compare him positively to 3/4 defensive guys who have long careers. I trust my eyes and think he's smaller than Thompson, enough​ that it stands out to me. But I'm also the guy insisting Dangubic isn't 6-8, not legit anyway.

I like Bell. I would like the Spurs to draft him. I have posted before and stand by it, that they should be aggressive in going by after the right guy. So they should even trade up to make sure they get him. As long as it's not 29+future first as they might need that first to dump out if a contract. But a second, or Anderson, or rights to Dangubic, whatever. Just go get him.

I still think he's small. But I don't mind the difficulties that might present with defending bigger guys, which DX concurs with, because I agree a lot with this that DX wrote:

. A creative coaching staff might try and use him as a stopper on go-to scorers who are bigger wing players or combo forward types, and he appears to have the quickness to hold his own here.
    I think he can be even more useful there than as a switching small 5.

BTW, I've been binging on many, many NBA podcasts and just about everybody loves Bell. And everyone who has a pick in the twenties I think I've heard their fans or bloggers talk up Bell as the choice. That's just adding to why I'd be nervous about him being there at 29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think he can be even more useful there than as a switching small 5.

BTW, I've been binging on many, many NBA podcasts and just about everybody loves Bell. And everyone who has a pick in the twenties I think I've heard their fans or bloggers talk up Bell as the choice. That's just adding to why I'd be nervous about him being there at 29
    Yeah, I agree, he may not be there at 29. Another guy to look at is Cam Oliver. Check him out when you can. He's one of the sleepers of the 2nd round imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oliver is interesting, I think I like him more than Wilson, maybe more than Semi.

One of the draft shows I listen to I think was saying that his team was rather undisciplined and nearly free for all without strong guard play, with a lot of 'your turn, my turn' type action.

So basically his faults have a fair chance to be corrected by coaching and system, moreso than other players in strong programs. Doesn't mean they will be corrected, he might just naturally be a guy who doesn't take to it or is too slow to grasp things. But he's young enough that maybe he can worked with, turns 21 before next season. Heavy d-league play for him to learn

Low IQ version of Bell, but 1.5 years younger, so there's some hope.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I agree, he may not be there at 29. Another guy to look at is Cam Oliver. Check him out when you can. He's one of the sleepers of the 2nd round imo.
    I like Oliver too, What you guys think about rabb or motley ? There are a lot of good PF's : Bell motley wilson rabb Oliver hartenstein who could be available when We pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like i said, love his motor. Still has limitations, though, which are related to his size and inability to shoot. Otherwise he'd be a late lotto, late teens pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be worried about Portland.

15, 20, and 26

And at least one draftnik I've heard has talked it up and it makes sense. A cheap contract who can make up for Nurkic's defensive blindspots. Low risk with the multiple picks, and from their own backyard. And they need some defensive help on that team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be worried about Portland.

15, 20, and 26

And at least one draftnik I've heard has talked it up and it makes sense. A cheap contract who can make up for Nurkic's defensive blindspots. Low risk with the multiple picks, and from their own backyard. And they need some defensive help on that team.
    Portland at 26 and Nets at 27 feel like places he'll go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NJ.com: NBA Mock Draft 2017: Lonzo Ball to Knicks or Lakers? Major trade between Sixers, Kings? All 1st round projections
    Eliot Shorr-Parks, June 12, 2017

Belli is one of the most athletic centers in the draft and will help the Spurs immediately on defense. He is a good developmental prospect to have behind Paul Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2017 NBA Mock Draft 5.0: All Eyes On Lonzo And The Lakers
    Andrew Sharp
    Tuesday June 13th, 2017

29. Spurs: Jordan Bell, F, Oregon | Junior

Jordan Bell is one of the best defensive prospects in the draft, and probably the best pick-and-roll defender of any big man on the board. What he lacks in size at forward (6'8"-ish), he makes up for with a 7'0 wingspan and excellent foot speed. The Spurs cap sheet could be getting tight if they try to add Chris Paul or George Hill this summer, and they'll likely lose Dewayne Dedmon regardless. Adding an extra big man who can contribute will be crucial, and Bell is the safest bet available from 20-40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Best Fit For Every Team
    Chris Johnson
    Friday June 16th, 2017

29. San Antonio Spurs: Jordan Bell, PF, Oregon | Junior

The Spurs sought to upgrade their frontcourt defense last summer by signing a 27-year-old center, Dewayne Dedmon, to a short-term deal. (Dedmon will be a free agent this summer after reportedly declining his player option.) A year later, they can draft a younger, defense-first big who has the makings of a more potent weapon against high-octane scoring engines. Bell is a productive shot-blocker and rebounder, a capable finisher around the basket, and he’s got the wheels to roam out to the perimeter and switch onto wings and guards. Basically, Bell does just about everything a team would need to prevail in a seven-game series against the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the one that got away?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the one that got away?
    He'd be nice to have instead of Joffrey tbh..

I did my best to advertise the guy to everyone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be nice to have instead of Joffrey tbh..

I did my best to advertise the guy to everyone.
    You and plenty others were right. Imagine Bell making things happen on this team on the defensive end, getting into it.

cross posting from other thread, but:

No question, JORDAN BELL is much better than him. More mpg on a le team, he'd be getting 20+ minutes a game every game on the Spurs.

Joffrey still doesn't have a block this season.

He didn't have a block last year with the Bulls.

Bell has nearly as many blocks in 25 games and 323 minutes (28 blocks) as Joffrey has in his entire 4 year career, 172 games and 2507 minutes (31 blocks).

And he makes shots, 73.2% true shooting compared to Joffrey's 52.5%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn he’s be good to have right about now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He Will be interesting To have but i think We overate him à little bit be cause he's Playing with the Warriors

but offcourse he could bring some energy inside

Thread Information