Post Count
    TOSB Hakeem would c stomp today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 times Olajuons teams were a 1st round and out.
    9 years in, subtraction of Jordan and addition of Clyde Drexler before Hakeem led.

Certainly not putting the loss all on him, but the knob slobbing could be eased up a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 times Olajuons teams were a 1st round and out.
    9 years in, subtraction of Jordan and addition of Clyde Drexler before Hakeem led.

Certainly not putting the loss all on him, but the knob slobbing could be eased up a bit.
    You mufaukus kill me. In one thread a guy stat pats and is a one man show not making others better. Then you get a star ball player that needs help as a team and then you cant give the guy major props.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would you take?
    As of today? Davis for sure.

Prime?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You mufaukus kill me. In one thread a guy stat pats and is a one man show not making others better. Then you get a star ball player that needs help as a team and then you cant give the guy major props.
    This ...rings/record is a team accomplishment until it's not ...
    Doesnt fit your argument ...
    Today's nba forum

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As of today? Davis for sure.

Prime?
    I like Davis but prime Hakeem was a beast in two straight le seasons out played prime David, Ewing and skinny Shaq...
    All 3 played same position so its not like Dirk beating Durant or LeBron....he dominated his marquee Davis needs to be healthy and dominate in the playoffs he had a nice first payoffs ...but nothing Hakeem like.

Davis was good vs State but nothing close to Hakeem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see what Davis does from the ages of 26-34. That will tell us the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All honesty, Hakeem does get overrated as time went on. No question his 93 to 96, particularly the repeat years, were some of the most dominant playoff basketball that I have seen, but it's very much lightning in a bottle to some extent. It's no different from Dirk going supernova in 11 and ringing, but Hakeem did it twice. Hakeem is pretty much a consensus top 10, Dirk is on nobody's top 10 except his mom's.

Early on in his career, Hakeem was a ball-stopper, not unlikely Barkley, on offense. There were major holes in his game, and then the 3pt shooters changed all that. Rudy T saved his career by putting in that offense around him, and he learned to trust his teammates.

That said, Ant D can't even lead his team consistently to the playoffs. Hakeem did it with equally bad teams, Robinson did it with equally bad teams. Fact is, Ant Davis is a smaller piece of the winning puzzle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Davis but prime Hakeem was a beast in two straight le seasons out played prime David, Ewing and skinny Shaq...
    All 3 played same position so its not like Dirk beating Durant or LeBron....he dominated his marquee Davis needs to be healthy and dominate in the playoffs he had a nice first payoffs ...but nothing Hakeem like.

Davis was good vs State but nothing close to Hakeem
    Laker 's way of throwing shade at Dirk because Dirk pushed Kerbies all the way to his throat.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Davis since he doesn't fund Islamic terrorism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis hasn't proven much yet. Great talent but too early to tell. Personally, I don't think he has the compe ive fire to dominate in the playoffs. I think Anthony Davis is about equal to David Robinson so far in his career. Olajuwon was usually seen as being equal to, or slightly behind Robinson until the 1995 playoff series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis hasn't proven much yet. Great talent but too early to tell. Personally, I don't think he has the compe ive fire to dominate in the playoffs. I think Anthony Davis is about equal to David Robinson so far in his career. Olajuwon was usually seen as being equal to, or slightly behind Robinson until the 1995 playoff series.
    Robinson was way more accomplished than Davis. Read up please.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd take Davis since he doesn't fund Islamic terrorism.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All honesty, Hakeem does get overrated as time went on. No question his 93 to 96, particularly the repeat years, were some of the most dominant playoff basketball that I have seen, but it's very much lightning in a bottle to some extent. It's no different from Dirk going supernova in 11 and ringing, but Hakeem did it twice. Hakeem is pretty much a consensus top 10, Dirk is on nobody's top 10 except his mom's.

Early on in his career, Hakeem was a ball-stopper, not unlikely Barkley, on offense. There were major holes in his game, and then the 3pt shooters changed all that. Rudy T saved his career by putting in that offense around him, and he learned to trust his teammates.

That said, Ant D can't even lead his team consistently to the playoffs. Hakeem did it with equally bad teams, Robinson did it with equally bad teams. Fact is, Ant Davis is a smaller piece of the winning puzzle.
    I do think Hakeem is overrated by some. Happens with every great player but especially one with flashy moves like Hakeem, AI or even Kobe. That being said it's unfair Amb to say he caught lightning in a bottle for two years. IMHO His best playoff game was vs the Sonics a few years before that where he put up some crazy numbers but if you actually catch that game on NBA classics ...his crazy numbers do not do justice to how much he dominated on both ends against a very good but not great Sonics team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here is the game:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think Hakeem is overrated by some. Happens with every great player but especially one with flashy moves like Hakeem, AI or even Kobe. That being said it's unfair Amb to say he caught lightning in a bottle for two years. IMHO His best playoff game was vs the Sonics a few years before that where he put up some crazy numbers but if you actually catch that game on NBA classics ...his crazy numbers do not do justice to how much he dominated on both ends against a very good but not great Sonics team.
    No doubt he was good but to rate him head and shoulders above Robinson, Barkley, and Pippen is overrating him. He was better, but not by as much as general consensus made it out to be. Jordan was head and shoulders above everybody else. Hakeem was better than everybody not named Jordan.

Having him as a no question consensus top 10 and clearly better than shaq and Duncan is also part of the overrating. I think he's actually slightly below Duncan and on par with shaq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt he was good but to rate him head and shoulders above Robinson, Barkley, and Pippen is overrating him. He was better, but not by as much as general consensus made it out to be. Jordan was head and shoulders above everybody else. Hakeem was better than everybody not named Jordan.

Having him as a no question consensus top 10 and clearly better than shaq and Duncan is also part of the overrating. I think he's actually slightly below Duncan and on par with shaq.
    I wonder how high would Malone jump in the rankings if he had won 1 or b2b rings....

hakeem is the most overrated clown who benefitted from that b2b prime years he feasted while Jordan was out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Akeem was the greatest of all time, excepting Tim Duncan. Duncan had a better outside shot and made fewer fouls. Davis is a poor-mans Tim Duncan, he could end up # 3 of all time.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Hakeem may have been the most complete defensive player since Russell, and had a elite offensive game for 10 NBA seasons, peaking with 5 of the best offensive seasons any big man has put together.

He's not overrated. Not by a long shot.

And his defensive and rebounding numbers came against the best generation of bigs the NBA has ever seen.

Nothing cheap either.

Thread Information