Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Monk is my favorite Kentucky prospect since the Towns/Booker draft.

He has near elite athleticism, and while skinny, seems to be able to handle lane contesting when he drives. To this point he's been more of an off-ball scorer, but he has facilitation skills, and when his shot is falling he could be incredible.

To me, he's a Jamal Crawford type of player. But I think his upside is tremendous and where Crawford had mental or physical limitations, I don't see those with Monk.

Now, he's a bit streaky, and often relies too heavily on perimeter shots, but college ball doesn't have the lanes the NBA will have.

Philly would be very smart to draft him as a high-level scorer. Minnesota or Sacramento as well. Lakers need PG or Big, and Celtics will take best talent, or a big man, I think.

Suns probably don't need him, but would likely shop that pick to a team who covets him.

While I get why most consider Tatum a better prospect, I think it's mostly size based. I think Tatum is a ball stopper and a throw back scorer, while Monk fits nicely with most modern systems. I'd have Monk 4 on my list of prospects, just ahead of Tatum and Markennan, but behind Jackson, Ball, Fultz.
    I prefer Fox not a fan of undersized SGs like Monk even though his stroke is legit and he is a sneaky good athlete ...
    Fox has a first step that is Wall like ...but we shall see many scouts prefer Monk and Fox needs to fix his jumper

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good game Fox monk Ball all making plays now ...

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Monk has an elite skill. His shooting is real ing nice.

Fox is very skilled as a slasher. But I don't see a plus facilitation factor from the slashing. So I worry he's an elite slasher without the vision or shooting to round it out.

Both have real nice upside. I don't think either is an ideal PG, and so I'll go with Monk.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If UCLA had Steph Curry instead of Ball you think they'd be winning right now?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Told you Bum, his mouth was gonna hurt us...
    So i picked kentucky in my bracket.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fox is very skilled as a slasher. But I don't see a plus facilitation factor from the slashing. So I worry he's an elite slasher without the vision or shooting to round it out.

Both have real nice upside. I don't think either is an ideal PG, and so I'll go with Monk.
    Interesting assessment on Fox. I don't watch much college basketball except for the tournament and conference tournament games so I don't know much about these guys scouting wise. This is my first time watching a full Kentucky game this year and from what I have seen from Fox he seems like he has good first step and can drive and penetrate to the hole but doesn't seem like a real PG. He comes across to me as an undersized SG.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Someone is photoshopping Crying Jordan on Lavar Ball as we speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Ball hurt? Did he get injured earlier in the game?

I just caught the last 2 minutes (game was basically over) and he was noticeably limping around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loudmouth had it coming.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ..curry took a bunch of investment bankers further in the tourney

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1st rakenis gonna be hilarious hope lavar's fat ass comes back in the show

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Interesting assessment on Fox. I don't watch much college basketball except for the tournament and conference tournament games so I don't know much about these guys scouting wise. This is my first time watching a full Kentucky game this year and from what I have seen from Fox he seems like he has good first step and can drive and penetrate to the hole but doesn't seem like a real PG. He comes across to me as an undersized SG.
    Fox has an elite 1st step. But he's so skinny and not much of a shooter, without true facilitation skills I worry he'll be little more than impact role player off the bench. Maybe 6th Man quality, but hard to start a PG who isn't a PG no matter how Elite his dribble drive is.

Monk can shoot. He can carry a quarter, a half, a game.

He needs consistency, or at least a more efficient baseline, but Monk has a true skill that works as a starter and he can also pass off the drive at a Comboguard level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's looking like the only player with real star potential from what I've seen is Josh Jackson tbh. Lot of quality NBA players though.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It's looking like the only player with real star potential from what I've seen is Josh Jackson tbh. Lot of quality NBA players though.
    Fultz has everything needed to be a rich-man's Bledsoe, which would be an All-Star.
    Ball will have that Jason White Chocolate Williams hype about him, but I think Ball is a better decision maker, so even if not a technical All-Star, he'll have impact of one.
    Jackson hasn't shown an ability to facilitate his own offense yet. He can pass, but he isn't a creator. He's a middle-man and finisher. An elite one, but he has shown a ceiling.

But as a Suns fan, I'd be more than happy to draft Jackson.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fultz has everything needed to be a rich-man's Bledsoe, which would be an All-Star.
    Ball will have that Jason White Chocolate Williams hype about him, but I think Ball is a better decision maker, so even if not a technical All-Star, he'll have impact of one.
    Jackson hasn't shown an ability to facilitate his own offense yet. He can pass, but he isn't a creator. He's a middle-man and finisher. An elite one, but he has shown a ceiling.

But as a Suns fan, I'd be more than happy to draft Jackson.
    Any of the 3 u wouls be happy to have i wouldnt mind Tatum either

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Any of the 3 u wouls be happy to have i wouldnt mind Tatum either
    is tatum really a top 3 pick talent?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    is tatum really a top 3 pick talent?
    Tatum is talented, but isn't the athlete with upside that Jackson is at SF, but does have actual isolation-offense skills, so that's a plus. He's a so-so defender, but could be good. On the right team, I think he has solid 2nd Option upside, like a bigger Brandon Roy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum is Tobias Harris 2.0

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Tatum is Tobias Harris 2.0
    I can see this as well. I do think he's more talented, but he's a first class ball stopper in a league where offenses are mostly passing/motion based.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have harlem and apa already voiced their support for lavar ball as an outspoken black man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have harlem and apa already voiced their support for lavar ball as an outspoken black man?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Fox as i posted in another thread isnt top 5 but next BPA His first step and speed reminds me of young Tony Parker. But i think he can be a better defender. His jumper needs work but so did Tony's i know its a big if to expect him to improve as much as Tony did and he probably wont fall to the Spurs ...but carlisle and Mavs would be a good fit.
    As for his playmaking Russ wasnt a great playmaker in HS or UCLA he was never even the backuo PG for the Bruins yet he drops 15 assists on the regular
    After the top 5 give me Fox

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This mu a wasnt even the best PG in the sweet 16.

Thread Information