Page 16 of 376 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out the recommended specs for FF XV are for playing at 4k.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing TCGR: Wildlands, surprisingly good, outside of the vehicle physics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you finally went Nvidia huh? Get in here DJR210.
    Well it's either a 1080 or Vega 56 right now. Just waiting for the Vega 56 launch... and for prices to stop rising because of ing miners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not a bad little setup.

L to R: 2 Rift sensors, Beyerdynamic DT660 (criminally underrated and I got them for nothing), a pair of JBL SLR305 Reference Monitors, under the monitor is a ps4 remote, Audioengine D1, and an objective o2 headphone amplifier, LG 34" Ultrawidescreen Freesync Monitor, Hifiman 400i headphones on the right.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 08-22-2017 at 02:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love those ultra wide monitors...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love those ultra wide monitors...
    I'm at pretty much end-game with the system as it stands other than having a new GPU for VR.

There's more to it, I might re-add the second monitor back at some point if I buy a larger table or get some stands for the speakers -- but for now 34" is plenty, I can run two windows in parallel with no problem, and I prefer the incredible sound the JBL's put out to having a 2nd display anyway, so I'll deal with the amount of space they take up.

It's absolutely bonkers that you can have a legitimately killer audio rig for so cheap these days. I would feel confident about putting the 305s in a much larger room, they throw down something fierce and bat WAY above their price range for sound quality. I would instantly recommend them to anyone... though in full disclosure they're the newest part of the setup so I'm a little biased.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it's either a 1080 or Vega 56 right now. Just waiting for the Vega 56 launch... and for prices to stop rising because of ing miners.
    Why buy a 1080 if you have a FreeSync monitor? Man if you're rocking a 3440x1440 monitor you should be looking Vega 64, Vega 56. I just wouldn't even bother with watercooling it though, I mean Vega 64 has already been pushed to its limits in the reference card considering it's 85W higher power consumption than Vega 56.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I remember why I didn't finish Gears 1: without much of a storyline it really overstays its welcome. It's great in small doses but gets so repe ive when you play your way through it for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone ITT play Fallout 4 and is it better than New Vegas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the regular posters here have played Fallout 4. Those who have played previous les tend to lean toward new vegas as being overall a better game story wise iirc. I've only played 4 though and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just recently started playing it but probably won't again until I finish Uncharted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why buy a 1080 if you have a FreeSync monitor? Man if you're rocking a 3440x1440 monitor you should be looking Vega 64, Vega 56. I just wouldn't even bother with watercooling it though, I mean Vega 64 has already been pushed to its limits in the reference card considering it's 85W higher power consumption than Vega 56.
    Unfortunately Vega 64 is ridiculously expensive at the moment thanks to miners.

Hoping to land an early 56 before they sell out. It's the better price/performance for the time being, it also works better with my system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone ITT play Fallout 4 and is it better than New Vegas?
    New Vegas is way better, especially when you factor in some of the epic DLC New Vegas has like Old World Blues, Honest Hearts, and Lonesome Road (Dead Money is horrifically bad though). Fallout 4 is a really good game but not an epic one like New Vegas IMO. New Vegas had some of the devs from the original two Fallout games from before Bethesda bought the series, and you can really see the older Fallouts in New Vegas with the customization options for weapons and ammo and just the overall better story. If you do get Fallout 4 the base game is solid, but the only DLC worth getting is Nuka World. If I had to rate the Fallout canon games in order, from best to worst, I would rank and score them:

1. Fallout 2 (10/10)
    2. Fallout New Vegas (9.5/10)
    3. Fallout 1 (8.5/10)
    3. Fallout 3 (8.5/10)
    5. Fallout 4 (8/10)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Vegas is way better, especially when you factor in some of the epic DLC New Vegas has like Old World Blues, Honest Hearts, and Lonesome Road (Dead Money is horrifically bad though). Fallout 4 is a really good game but not an epic one like New Vegas IMO. New Vegas had some of the devs from the original two Fallout games from before Bethesda bought the series, and you can really see the older Fallouts in New Vegas with the customization options for weapons and ammo and just the overall better story. If you do get Fallout 4 the base game is solid, but the only DLC worth getting is Nuka World. If I had to rate the Fallout canon games in order, from best to worst, I would rank and score them:

1. Fallout 2 (10/10)
    3. Fallout 1 (8.5/10)
    3. Fallout 3 (8.5/10)
    5. Fallout 4 (8/10)
    Nice, I've played them all as well. I think it's inevitable I give it a go, but I've heard from others that it's low on the totem pole. Sure wish they would re-do FO:1 & 2 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, I've played them all as well. I think it's inevitable I give it a go, but I've heard from others that it's low on the totem pole. Sure wish they would re-do FO:1 & 2 tbh
    Well on my grading scale I'd consider 8/10 something highly worth buying, a really enjoyable game. From looking at reviews and previews if I guess a I would rank a game 9.5 or higher I buy it right that second for the full $60. If I expect it to be around a 9 I'll buy it once I find it for $50 or less. If I expect it to be an 8 I buy at $40. If I expect it to be a 7/10 I buy it at $25-$30. Of course I made that mistake with Fallout 4, I bought the game and the DLC right as I was finishing New Vegas since I was expecting a 9.5/10 game based on the E3 reveal. Though I think I paid $70 instead of the $90 full price at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Fallout 2 (10/10)
    3. Fallout 1 (8.5/10)
    3. Fallout 3 (8.5/10)
    5. Fallout 4 (8/10)
    Agreed. F3 and F4 are a wash, IMO, with the base story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately Vega 64 is ridiculously expensive at the moment thanks to miners.
    It's not just miners. AMD did a price increase they didn't tell any of their reviewers about. The $499 price tag on Vega 64 was only good for the first couple of days as a promotional price, thanks to a rebate they were offering retailers those first couple of days. I'm not sure they can make a profit selling Vega 64 at $499. It must be much more expensive to produce than the 1080 Ti is considering the cost of HMB2 and considering it's a larger die than GP102 from a much worse fab (GloFo is a ing trainwreck compared to TSMC).

Hoping to land an early 56 before they sell out. It's the better price/performance for the time being, it also works better with my system.
    And I really can't imagine they can make a profit selling Vega 56 at $399, so expect the same crap with it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just miners. AMD did a price increase they didn't tell any of their reviewers about. The $499 price tag on Vega 64 was only good for the first couple of days as a promotional price, thanks to a rebate they were offering retailers those first couple of days. I'm not sure they can make a profit selling Vega 64 at $499. It must be much more expensive to produce than the 1080 Ti is considering the cost of HMB2 and considering it's a larger die than GP102 from a much worse fab (GloFo is a ing trainwreck compared to TSMC).

And I really can't imagine they can make a profit selling Vega 56 at $399, so expect the same crap with it too.
    AMD said they are standing by the $499 and are looking into why prices have jumped. Mostly it seems to be due to demand + lack of stock but the MSRP will be $399 & $499 going forward according to official sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncharted Lost Legacy, Splatoon 2, and Sonic Mania

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    How does it compare to Uncharted 4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a code for UTLL, but probably won't touch it for another two weeks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks and feels very similar because it was originally going to be DLC for Uncharted 4 until they decided to release it as a standalone le. When you get to chapter 3, it opens up into a nonlinear mission where you get to choose which order to do things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hipster ign gave it a 7.5 because it was too similar to uc4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hipster ign gave it a 7.5 because it was too similar to uc4
    I don't really trust IGN reviews. I only watch them for the gameplay footage but when it comes to actual reviews I trust Gamespot more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks and feels very similar because it was originally going to be DLC for Uncharted 4 until they decided to release it as a standalone le. When you get to chapter 3, it opens up into a nonlinear mission where you get to choose which order to do things.
    Do you think it's as impressive graphically? Uncharted 4 has to be one of the most impressive games I have ever played graphically, and it's easily the best looking console game ever made IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think it's as impressive graphically? Uncharted 4 has to be one of the most impressive games I have ever played graphically, and it's easily the best looking console game ever made IMO.
    Yeah, LL looks just as great. I've been taking lots of screenshots.

Thread Information