Page 24 of 377 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They put another layer (VMProtect) on top of Denuvo. AC Origins is absolutely slamming cpus right now and it looks like it could be because of way too many VM calls. It's what happened with Rime when it first released. The legit version was a stuttering mess while the cracked one ran great.
    Yeah, I read about that CPU issue on another forum.. Oh well.. I still have 75% of Witcher left, and a bunch of other new releases I bootlegged

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I read about that CPU issue on another forum.. Oh well.. I still have 75% of Witcher left, and a bunch of other new releases I bootlegged
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-c...ins-denuvo-cpu
    Assassin's Creed Origins' second layer of anti-piracy protection activates every time you move

Update, November 1: Performance issues in Assassin's Creed Origins might be caused by two layers of anti-piracy protection, one of which is activated every time you move your character.

Ubisoft are using two forms of DRM software on Assassin’s Creed Origins. As well as Denuvo’s anti-tamper technology, Assassin’s Creed Origins is being protected by VMProtect, a second line of defense that seems to be causing significant performance issues.

Denuvo has been struggling to protect launch windows recently, as new strategies from groups of pirates have allowed them to cir vent the protection entirely, producing Denuvo-sanctioned keys to ‘trick’ the software into accepting counterfeit versions of the game. In order to help protect the game, it seems as though Ubisoft have added a second layer of protection - VMProtect was dropped by Denuvo earlier this year, but can be found in the Origins game files.

Anti-Tamper technology is unpopular as many users claim it slows down performance while offering minimal results in terms of protection. According to this Twitter thread and a couple of Reddit threads, however, the addition of a second form of protection is slowing the game down even further, causing significant performance issues on some machines. This is widely blamed on the fact that VMProtect is being called in every time the character moves, impacting performance every second.

Original story, October 30: Despite its use in a wide array of triple-A PC les, the use of Denuvo Anti-Tamper software has remained a controversial topic. Initially far more effective than other forms of anti-piracy tech, it suffered from the start as various reports circulated regarding Denuvo’s effect on PC performance. Now similar reports suggest things have gotten especially bad with the latest Denuvo-protected game.

One crack group is suggesting that Assassin’s Creed Origins’ CPU usage has been increased by nearly 40%, as reported by DSOGaming. The group suggests that Ubisoft’s implementation of VMProtect over top of Denuvo is the reason for the abnormally high processor usage.

Our own performance report found Origins to be a very demanding game, but unfortunately it’s impossible to tell how much of that is due to the game itself and how much is due to its protection tech. Even cracked software continues to run Denuvo encryption in the background, making it impossible to tell how much performance issues are related to that software or to the game itself.

Take this report cautiously, particularly as it comes from a crack group, but even the suggestion of these issues is worrying. It’s become clear that Denuvo is no longer nearly so effective in combating piracy as it once was. Ubisoft’s past les have typically included Denuvo even long after it had been initially cracked, so it’s unlikely to see a change in policy here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-c...ins-denuvo-cpu
    Assassin's Creed Origins' second layer of anti-piracy protection activates every time you move

Update, November 1: Performance issues in Assassin's Creed Origins might be caused by two layers of anti-piracy protection, one of which is activated every time you move your character.

Ubisoft are using two forms of DRM software on Assassin’s Creed Origins. As well as Denuvo’s anti-tamper technology, Assassin’s Creed Origins is being protected by VMProtect, a second line of defense that seems to be causing significant performance issues.

Denuvo has been struggling to protect launch windows recently, as new strategies from groups of pirates have allowed them to cir vent the protection entirely, producing Denuvo-sanctioned keys to ‘trick’ the software into accepting counterfeit versions of the game. In order to help protect the game, it seems as though Ubisoft have added a second layer of protection - VMProtect was dropped by Denuvo earlier this year, but can be found in the Origins game files.

Anti-Tamper technology is unpopular as many users claim it slows down performance while offering minimal results in terms of protection. According to this Twitter thread and a couple of Reddit threads, however, the addition of a second form of protection is slowing the game down even further, causing significant performance issues on some machines. This is widely blamed on the fact that VMProtect is being called in every time the character moves, impacting performance every second.

Original story, October 30: Despite its use in a wide array of triple-A PC les, the use of Denuvo Anti-Tamper software has remained a controversial topic. Initially far more effective than other forms of anti-piracy tech, it suffered from the start as various reports circulated regarding Denuvo’s effect on PC performance. Now similar reports suggest things have gotten especially bad with the latest Denuvo-protected game.

One crack group is suggesting that Assassin’s Creed Origins’ CPU usage has been increased by nearly 40%, as reported by DSOGaming. The group suggests that Ubisoft’s implementation of VMProtect over top of Denuvo is the reason for the abnormally high processor usage.

Our own performance report found Origins to be a very demanding game, but unfortunately it’s impossible to tell how much of that is due to the game itself and how much is due to its protection tech. Even cracked software continues to run Denuvo encryption in the background, making it impossible to tell how much performance issues are related to that software or to the game itself.

Take this report cautiously, particularly as it comes from a crack group, but even the suggestion of these issues is worrying. It’s become clear that Denuvo is no longer nearly so effective in combating piracy as it once was. Ubisoft’s past les have typically included Denuvo even long after it had been initially cracked, so it’s unlikely to see a change in policy here.
    ,,!, em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Catherine on PS3 is pretty cool so far. BOTW is just getting too long, and not in a good way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey DJR210, don't forget to check Nioh in tonight's CODEX sale. releases at 2AM I think and it's not supposed to have Denuvo. I don't think it's as good as Dark Souls or Dark Souls III, but it's still a pretty good third person action RPG. And since I could run it at 60 fps on a PS4 (though at a dynamic resolution between 720p and 1080p, but mostly at 720p) I'm sure you'll have no problems running it at least 60 fps on your system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh Nioh.. Haven't even finished DS3 yet..

Forgot how good the Bloody Baron questline was tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EA got destroyed on Reddit today because of that greedy Battlefront 2 greedy BS
    EA tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How did you end it tbh? Did he commit suicide?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you got the bad ending to the quest or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah

That fat ass was swaying in the wind against a beautiful sunset when I rolled up.. I actually felt kinda bad for him, rare for a game to make me give a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EA got destroyed on Reddit today because of that greedy Battlefront 2 greedy BS
    EA tbh
    its great watching EA backpedal and halt the release of the loot crates.. EA will more than likely be the worst company again this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nioh isn't anywhere near as good as Dark Souls 3, but it's still a solid 8/10 IMO. Still, I bet your ass is playing Witcher 3 until E3 next year.

Did you get the DLC too? If not, just ing get it. It's amazing, even better than the Dying Light DLC (which is a must also). The Blood and Wine DLC both looks better than the base game and runs better too, and is easily a really strong 30-40 hours of content. Every bit as good as the base game. And then I think the Hearts of Stone DLC is even better, though it's about half the length and is on par with the base game graphically.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-14-2017 at 09:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nioh's isn't anywhere near as good as Dark Souls 3, but it's still a solid 8/10 IMO. Still, I bet your ass is playing Witcher 3 until E3 next year.

Did you get the DLC too? If not, just ing get it. It's amazing, even better than the Dying Light DLC (which is a must also). The Blood and Wine DLC both looks better than the base game and runs better too, and is easily a really strong 30-40 hours of content. Every bit as good as the base game. And then I think the Hearts of Stone DLC is even better, though it's about half the length and is on par with the base game graphically.
    Yeah, I'll be playing Witcher 3 for a while.. I restarted the story this time actually paying attention to the who's who, the war, the different factions and their intentions, etc.. I've even resisted the urge to spam A at the notice board and I'm actually reading everything this time around. I had 40+ hours the first time, 27 this time..

I'm barely at the end of the Bloody Baron questline, just headed to Skellige. I'm gonna try and complete as close to 100% as I can, this game is really one of best ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'll be playing Witcher 3 for a while.. I restarted the story this time actually paying attention to the who's who, the war, the different factions and their intentions, etc.. I've even resisted the urge to spam A at the notice board and am actually reading everything this time around. I had 40+ hours the first time, 27 this time..

I'm barely at the end of the Bloody Baron questline, just headed to Skellige. I'm gonna try and complete as close to 100% as I can, this game is really one of best ever.
    It took me 380 hours to 100% the game. I think I played that over about a year and a half to get there, with two intervals where I played nothing else but Witcher 3 for 3-4 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm looking forward to Blood and Wine the environment looks great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took me 380 hours to 100% the game. I think I played that over about a year and a half to get there, with two intervals where I played nothing else but Witcher 3 for 3-4 months.
    Did you get 100% of the Gwent cards, and if so, did you have to use a wiki to help? I guess my only complaint is that by the time your deck is really good you're already at the end of the Gwent opponents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you get 100% of the Gwent cards, and if so, did you have to use a wiki to help? I guess my only complaint is that by the time your deck is really good you're already at the end of the Gwent opponents
    I don't think I did use a Wiki, I just played every single NPC in the game. I don't want to give too much a spoiler especially since you're very early in the game, but no matter how badass you make your decks you'll have a challenge later on in Gwent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its great watching EA backpedal and halt the release of the loot crates.. EA will more than likely be the worst company again this year
    det troll job

Oh and Dennis is the Lead Designer on BF2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det troll job

Oh and Dennis is the Lead Designer on BF2

you know the developers are against EA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I did use a Wiki, I just played every single NPC in the game. I don't want to give too much a spoiler especially since you're very early in the game, but no matter how badass you make your decks you'll have a challenge later on in Gwent.
    With what? The high stakes tourney? I'm on that now, but my Northern Realms deck doesn't have enough hero's to compete at this point, even though my deck is rated at 5/5..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With what? The high stakes tourney? I'm on that now, but my Northern Realms deck doesn't have enough hero's to compete at this point, even though my deck is rated at 5/5..
    You really want me to tell you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want me to tell you?
    Not if it isn't the high stakes

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you know the developers are against EA
    It might be #fakenews but they’re claiming on reddit that 70,000 pre-orders have been cancelled

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Unlocking Everything in Battlefront II Requires 4,528 hours or $2100

https://www.resetera.com/threads/unl...-or-2100.6190/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlocking Everything in Battlefront II Requires 4,528 hours or $2100

https://www.resetera.com/threads/unl...-or-2100.6190/

4 thousand ing hours of ones life

These YouTube dumb s and their loot un-boxing videos are killing the industry, EA just couldn't resist. Cosmetic only micro-transactions have proven to generate a ton of ing money from dumb ass kids with disposable allowances, but of course EA had to get greedy and now they're gonna feel the wrath of the Internet

Thread Information