Page 27 of 376 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to pick up Xenoblade chronicles 2 for the switch. Enjoying it a lot so far. Switch is a weird system for me since the last Nintendo thing I owned was an SNES. But im liking it so far tbh
    Any more thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles 2? I'm itching to buy a Switch but will probably hold off another month until I see what's announced at Nintendo Direct (rumored for January 18th). Right now the only game I know I'd buy is Super Mario Odyssey, but Fire Emblem Warriors looks pretty interesting too. I never played any Xenoblade games though. Maybe I'll play the Wii one on Dolphin to see how I like the series once I'm done with Persona 5. Or the Wii U one on CEMU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any more thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles 2? I'm itching to buy a Switch but will probably hold off another month until I see what's announced at Nintendo Direct (rumored for January 18th). Right now the only game I know I'd buy is Super Mario Odyssey, but Fire Emblem Warriors looks pretty interesting too. I never played any Xenoblade games though. Maybe I'll play the Wii one on Dolphin to see how I like the series once I'm done with Persona 5. Or the Wii U one on CEMU.
    arent you in a market for a phone?

I am waiting for boxing week to get the S8 for free and a 200 store credit. Will be using it to buy the switch for 200CAD...You should do the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Medievil PS1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good game and I enjoy it, I would say unless you really like JRPG games though it may not be worth getting a switch now. The battle system is kinda odd and some of the mechanics of the game are confusing. But the game itself has been pretty good thus far. I never played the first one either and i don't think it's necessary to play to play this game. I'm still only like 9 hours in.

I've actually been playing battlefront since it was on sale on PSN. Actually pretty fun thus far. Space battles are highly entertaining

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Leetonidas;9224816]It's a good game and I enjoy it, I would say unless you really like JRPG games though it may not be worth getting a switch now. The battle system is kinda odd and some of the mechanics of the game are confusing. But the game itself has been pretty good thus far. I never played the first one either and i don't think it's necessary to play to play this game. I'm still only like 9 hours in.

Maybe I'll just beg my brother to loan me his Switch when he goes on vacation so I can play Odyssey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arent you in a market for a phone?

I am waiting for boxing week to get the S8 for free and a 200 store credit. Will be using it to buy the switch for 200CAD...You should do the same
    Nah I'm not looking for a phone and there is no boxing week in the US. I'll probably grab a Switch next month after Nintendo Direct unless their 2018 lineup just looks like complete . They're supposedly going to show gameplay from Metroid Prime 4 and I imagine they'll have a lot on the upcoming Fire Emblem game since that's supposed to release in 2018.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just picked up a used New 3DS XL a couple of hours ago. Man this system is the . Especially after putting a CFW on it.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-20-2017 at 01:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Mario Kart 7 has really impressive 3D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just started RE:7 definitely not what I was expecting, but pleasantly surprised. Graphics are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC Origins is $30 for PoorStation at Gamestop so it's tempting, but I want to put my faith in CPY and Steampunks for PC tbh.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Santa brought a PS4 and a few games this year. Madden 18, pants vs zombies 1, Rayman legends, uncharted thief's end, watchdogs 2. Surprised at how much more I enjoy Madden after I changed the defensive view. Rayman is perfect for kids, better than a Mario game for beginners. Surprised at the lack of a play now for Madden. I really need to have a psn subscription to be able to play live events?

Is a psn a must have for the games I currently have plus a few? Madden isn't able to play online against x box, correct? I figured that watchdogs 2 was adult orientated but man do they swear in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Santa brought a PS4 and a few games this year. Madden 18, pants vs zombies 1, Rayman legends, uncharted thief's end, watchdogs 2. Surprised at how much more I enjoy Madden after I changed the defensive view. Rayman is perfect for kids, better than a Mario game for beginners. Surprised at the lack of a play now for Madden. I really need to have a psn subscription to be able to play live events?

Is a psn a must have for the games I currently have plus a few? Madden isn't able to play online against x box, correct? I figured that watchdogs 2 was adult orientated but man do they swear in there.
    You need Playstation Plus to play multiplayer in all but a handful of games. The only PS4 game I have that has free MP is Journey.

Since you got a PS4, I have to recommend the best game on the system that's on sale for $17.49 right now for the base game plus DLC:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...OODBORNECOMPLE

It's the best game I have played in 25 years, and the long load times the review complains about have long since been fixed.

Right now lots of the top PS4 games are on sale for great prices if you have a few bucks left after the holidays. Here are a few I'd recommend checking the reviews on to see if they interest you:

Dying Light The Following: Enhanced Edition - $20 at Gamestop
    Horizon Zero Dawn - This one is $40 everywhere, $50 for the complete edition, so no big sales on it
    Persona 5 - $30 at Gamestop
    Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection - $10 on the Playstation Store (it's remasters of Uncharted 1-3)
    Yakuza 0 - $36 on the Playstation Store
    The Last of Us Remastered - $20 everywhere (normal price now)
    The Witcher 3 Complete Edition - $25 at Gamestop

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I need to be selective in my games. I will only play sparingly, the rest would be for kids. After installing the hour long update I realized pants vs zombies is online only. That's frustrating. Especially considering that the kids would get smoked in online play

My six year old is surprisingly good at Rayman, considering he's only played iPad games and retro games before. He's got this down much better than super Mario world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need to be selective in my games. I will only play sparingly, the rest would be for kids. After installing the hour long update I realized pants vs zombies is online only. That's frustrating. Especially considering that the kids would get smoked in online play

My six year old is surprisingly good at Rayman, considering he's only played iPad games and retro games before. He's got this down much better than super Mario world
    Oh ok, Bloodborne would probably just piss your kids off. It's more in line with the difficulty of NES games from the 80s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ok, Bloodborne would probably just piss your kids off. It's more in line with the difficulty of NES games from the 80s.
    disagree.

DS gmes are the most difficult games post ps3 era but no way is it harder than contra and all the other bs NES games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Uncharted is easily the best game you mentioned and it doesn't need psn. Unless you wanna PvP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Naughty Dog games (Uncharted and Last of Us) are well worth your time as they are insanely fun and have better storylines than most movies. They aren't much of a commitment either as they can be completed in under 15 hours in most cases.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Picked up GTA5 God of war, TMNT, Lego's Jurassic Park today at gamestop. Think it was like $70 for all of them.

I've played the crap out of gta5 on ps3 years ago. I spoze i'll end up paying for PSN since i've never played that one online.

Really likeing the kid games though. I didn't think PS4 had good kid games like the lego one. They are really working together to figure out the levels.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    The Naughty Dog games (Uncharted and Last of Us) are well worth your time as they are insanely fun and have better storylines than most movies. They aren't much of a commitment either as they can be completed in under 15 hours in most cases.
    I played uncharted a few weeks ago for an hour or so. Thought it was pretty boring. Lot of jumping from ledge to ledge while watching cutscenes. If thats where video games have gone to on PS no wonder why everyone is going crazy over super mario odyssey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played uncharted a few weeks ago for an hour or so. Thought it was pretty boring. Lot of jumping from ledge to ledge while watching cutscenes. If thats where video games have gone to on PS no wonder why everyone is going crazy over super mario odyssey
    Naa it's mainly those games as well as a few others. You just have to know that going in. If that bothers you, then those games obviously aren't for you.

I personally find the combat in Uncharted 4 fun as though. The addition of the grappling hook and opening up some of the combat areas (in comparison to its predecessors) really added a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Picked up GTA5 God of war, TMNT, Lego's Jurassic Park today at gamestop. Think it was like $70 for all of them.

I've played the crap out of gta5 on ps3 years ago. I spoze i'll end up paying for PSN since i've never played that one online.

Really likeing the kid games though. I didn't think PS4 had good kid games like the lego one. They are really working together to figure out the levels.
    I would go take Ninja Turtles back, that game is complete dog . It looks amazing on the surface but it's a really lousy game. If you want an awesome kids game look at Ratchet & Clank. It's a 3D platformer with Pixar like graphics. Plus you'll get a few bucks back on the exchange.

Ninja Turtles was one of the most disappointing games Platinum Studios ever made. Their Transformers Devastation game is legit though.

Ninja Turtles was one of the games that almost killed Platinum Studios. It was such a hyped game that turned into such a crushing disappointment. The only thing that saved them was the surprise success of NieR Automata, though that's not really a game appropriate for younger kids.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-27-2017 at 12:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a great year to own a poorstation, tbh... lots of great les, exclusive and not...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a great year to own a poorstation, tbh... lots of great les, exclusive and not...
    Truth man. Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Nioh. Man a year to have an XBox. At least NieR and Nioh came to PC and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir can be played on RPCS3. And PC got the ability to play Wii U games this year. But man XBox got .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just started RE:7 definitely not what I was expecting, but pleasantly surprised. Graphics are
    I thought the overall product looks bad ass, but upon close inspection, the graphics are actually horse .. take a close look at those ty textures. Unacceptable for a publisher and franchise of this caliber. I think the game is the though, much better than I expected.. I still haven't made it far enough to see how these events tie into the RE story, but it's all good as I'm such a big fan of Outlast I and II.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The new Lego Marvel game is another one to consider.. It's got enough fan service, easter eggs, and characters to make it enjoyable enough to play co-op with the fam

Thread Information