Page 38 of 376 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way ahead of you my , bought it when it came out. It's just on my backlog though unfortunately.
    Then you way behind me . Man there is almost no game out now that deserves to be ahead of Persona 5 if you have the system to run it, which you obviously do. I should talk though, as I bought it for my PS4 in July (and for full price ) and didn't play it until Thanksgiving (when it had dropped to $30 ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you way behind me . Man there is almost no game out now that deserves to be ahead of Persona 5 if you have the system to run it, which you obviously do. I should talk though, as I bought it for my PS4 in July (and for full price ) and didn't play it until Thanksgiving (when it had dropped to $30 ).
    I got busy and then when I wanted to play like a couple of weeks ago, one of my nieces or nephews had taken it out of my system and I couldn't find it anymore. That's why I don't feel guilty for downloading the game. that, I'm not going to spend money on it again. I have a cool empty case with no game in it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't like it a long time ago though but tastes change and I'll give it another chance. Like I said, I appreciate those 2D games more nowadays so I'm not totally turned off unlike years ago.

Yeah the Persona franchise is one of my favorites so I'll definitely check it out. If you haven't checked out P3 FES, you definitely should my man. I think I liked that game more than P4 and P4 is what originally got me into the franchise. Granted it's been ing years since I played it but I just remember liking it more than P4 and I love P4

Thanks I'll check out the video! Yeah I downloaded Nier because I wanted to see how the first game was seeing as I haven't played Automata yet. I think I read that it didn't really matter but I still want to check out first.
    I actually just started Persona 3 FES last night. Persona 4 Golden is better than vanilla Persona 4 IMO. I bought a Playstation TV just to play Persona 4 Golden, though I think I got the last Playstation TV Gamestop had in San Antonio. I think Chie's voice in P4G fits her character much better than the old lady sounding voice in vanilla Persona 4 and Marie is a really cool addition to the story. Golden is worth it just for Valentines Day. I don't want to spoil why unless you're sure you won't play it: then I'll post the video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got busy and then when I wanted to play like a couple of weeks ago, one of my nieces or nephews had taken it out of my system and I couldn't find it anymore. That's why I don't feel guilty for downloading the game. that, I'm not going to spend money on it again. I have a cool empty case with no game in it though.
    Do you have it on PS4 or PS3? If PS4, I'm jealous as you got the Persona 5 skin for the Dualshock 4. Had I known those came with the physical copy I would have never bought digital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually just started Persona 3 FES last night. Persona 4 Golden is better than vanilla Persona 4 IMO. I bought a Playstation TV just to play Persona 4 Golden, though I think I got the last Playstation TV Gamestop had in San Antonio. I think Chie's voice in P4G fits her character much better than the old lady sounding voice in vanilla Persona 4 and Marie is a really cool addition to the story. Golden is worth it just for Valentines Day. I don't want to spoil why unless you're sure you won't play it: then I'll post the video
    Yeah I don't have it in me to play another variation of Persona 4 and put in another 70+ hrs especially with Persona 5 still waiting for me. Go for it, post the video and I'll definitely check it out. Now I'm just curious about that Valentine's Day thing you mentioned.
    Last edited by NASpurs; 02-17-2018 at 10:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have it on PS4 or PS3? If PS4, I'm jealous as you got the Persona 5 skin for the Dualshock 4. Had I known those came with the physical copy I would have never bought digital.
    I didn't have a PS4 back then so I had bought it on the PS3.

Wait there was a Persona 5 skin for the Dualshock 4 for the PS4!??! Holy , I just googled it and that looks cool as !! I didn't even ing know Daaaaaaaaaaaamn!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't have it in me to play another variation of Persona 4 and put in another 70+ hrs especially with Persona 5 still waiting for me. Go for it, post the video and I'll definitely check it out. Now I'm just curious about that Valentine's Day thing you mentioned.
    The Marie and Nanako Valentines Day scenes are ing hilarious. Marie is from the Velvet Room and Izanami-no-Okami is a manifestation of her that you have to kill off to free her. It's hilarious because Rise gets super jealous of Marie throughout the game. Marie knows nothing about the human world at first so you have to show her around. When Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko ask her what school she's from she complains she is always stuck in one room and the nose never says anything. It's funny taking her out to Souzai Daigaku and seeing her reaction to the steak skewers and the reactions from Chie and Yukio when she keeps calling them green and red are pretty funny. She es about not being able to watch TV in the Velvet Room because there are no eclectic loutwits to hook up to.

Here's Marie's Valentine's Day

Nanako's Valentines Day Chocolate had me literally crying in laughter

The true ending for Golden is really cool. It starts off at around 15:10 in this video (the first 15 minutes being the true ending of P4)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fighting my first real boss Anjanath in monster hunter. I think MH is closer to a fifa game than an rpg. Its not a game that gets you with a story.

I find that its like fifa..You play it for an hour and play again after a couple days for an hour. The hunt is really fun. I can see myself playing this for 200hrs like i do with mlst sports games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    picked up Arkham City for 5 bucks on a steam sale. friends tell me it's the best one in the series and i did enjoy Arkham Knight so hopefully ill enjoy it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Marie and Nanako Valentines Day scenes are ing hilarious. Marie is from the Velvet Room and Izanami-no-Okami is a manifestation of her that you have to kill off to free her. It's hilarious because Rise gets super jealous of Marie throughout the game. Marie knows nothing about the human world at first so you have to show her around. When Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko ask her what school she's from she complains she is always stuck in one room and the nose never says anything. It's funny taking her out to Souzai Daigaku and seeing her reaction to the steak skewers and the reactions from Chie and Yukio when she keeps calling them green and red are pretty funny. She es about not being able to watch TV in the Velvet Room because there are no eclectic loutwits to hook up to.

Here's Marie's Valentine's Day

Nanako's Valentines Day Chocolate had me literally crying in laughter

The true ending for Golden is really cool. It starts off at around 15:10 in this video (the first 15 minutes being the true ending of P4)
    Ok those Valentine's Day videos were hilarious. Watching them made me regret the vanilla version instead of Golden.

"If you don't hurry, it'll melt. If it melts, it'll run away" lmao that was good. And the way he feels obligated to drink Nanako's toxic chocolate despite his "battle senses" telling him not to was freaking hilarious. "You can hear Nanako's voice from far away" haha.

It's funny because you mentioned Chie sounding like an old woman in Persona 4 which I couldn't remember her sounding like that but I remembered when watching these videos that I had played with the Japanese voices instead of the dub which I always do if given the option and especially if the game is made in Japan.

I'm kind of mad I missed out on Marie though, she's a character that was only in Golden? Damn that sucks. I might have to pick up Golden one of these days and give it another go just for her character. She seems really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok those Valentine's Day videos were hilarious. Watching them made me regret the vanilla version instead of Golden.

"If you don't hurry, it'll melt. If it melts, it'll run away" lmao that was good. And the way he feels obligated to drink Nanako's toxic chocolate despite his "battle senses" telling him not to was freaking hilarious. "You can hear Nanako's voice from far away" haha.

It's funny because you mentioned Chie sounding like an old woman in Persona 4 which I couldn't remember her sounding like that but I remembered when watching these videos that I had played with the Japanese voices instead of the dub which I always do if given the option and especially if the game is made in Japan.

I'm kind of mad I missed out on Marie though, she's a character that was only in Golden? Damn that sucks. I might have to pick up Golden one of these days and give it another go just for her character. She seems really good.
    The best part of Nanako's chocolate is she basically made one of the slime shadows on a plate.

Golden is only on the Vita though. The cheapest way to play it would be to buy a used Playstation TV, which is what I did. Hopefully it gets a PS4 port some day or even better a remake so you can have decent quality 3d models, but there is nothing in the works AFAIK.

Can you play the original PS2 Persona 4 in Japanese voice with English subs, or did you play an undub rom? I might buy it on my PS3 just to play the game with Japanese voices, which isn't an option on Persona 4 Golden. I guess you could buy a Japanese Vita TV (eg what Playstation TV is called in Japan) and then buy off the Japanese store to get Japanese voices in P4G, but then I doubt you'd get the English subs.

Marie is another social link in the game but isn't part of your main party in P4G, though she does have a pretty cool dungeon. In Persona Q on 3DS I think Marie plays the Teddy/Rise navigator role, though I haven't played it since it's based on both P3 and P4G and I have just started P3. She is a pretty funny character in P4G.

I gotta say the Persona 4 Golden The Animation sucks, don't even bother with it. The story is so stripped down to try to fit into twelve episodes and the series is nowhere near as good as the original 28 episode Persona 4 The Animation. I mean like never seeing Kanji's bathhouse show on the Midnight Channel or Marukyu Striptease. Instead Kanji and Rise just show up out of nowhere as your close friends in the P4G Animation instead of having to rescue them from the TV like in the P4/P4G games. Too bad the newer version is the only one on Crunchroll right now.

If you liked Persona 4 you will ing love Persona 5. The dungeons are far better in 5, as they're not randomly generated. And P5 has such cool little touches on top of an amazing game. For instance, the load screens are incredible and don't break the immersion the way they do in other games. The menu is done in a really cool art style. The social links don't just give fusion bonuses, almost all of them add passive bonuses or shop bonuses, so leveling social links isn't just for story any more in P5. And as great as the P4 soundtrack is, the P5 soundtracks stomps all over it. The only original soundtrack I have heard lately that I liked more was NieR Automata's.

P5 can be played with Japanese voices, at least the PS4 digital version can (it's a free download). I'd be surprised if it's any different on PS3, though I have had to pay for Japanese voices before (eg in Drakengard 3, and then they're not even in the ing $30 sisters prologue DLC!).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-18-2018 at 01:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I think is really weird in the English dub is they pronounce Chie's name as Chi-ey (ey like in they). My grandmother's name is Chie and I have never heard her name pronounced as anything other than Chi. But when I watched the animations for Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden (which are in Japanese with English sub les) they pronounce her name Chi. How did they screw up so badly on her name in the American localization?
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-18-2018 at 01:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, the CPY sale is starting soon for Final Fantasy XII. Get in here DJR210

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, the CPY sale is starting soon for Final Fantasy XII. Get in here DJR210
    A long time has passed, and I may now understand a bit more about what a Final Fantasy game entails.. But the last time I played one it was the first mega release on the PS1, it was like 3 discs, and I rented it from Blockbuster.. I didn't understand the style, the lore, the characters, the turn based combat, etc.. Played for like 5 mins and returned it. Those things are cool now, but I don't like slant eyed Japs or their creative vision on games for the most part.

But regardless, props to CPY for his continued missionary work His legendary work cracking AC Origins has been major, I really love this game. It's not one of the BEST games I've played, but definitely one of my favorite. As an artist myself, I'm in awe of the world this team created. Over a week later I'm still finding new details they've taken the time to add, and it's fine by me they borrowed from Witcher 3 so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those things are cool now, but I don't like slant eyed Japs or their creative vision on games for the most part.
    You're crazy man. Japan is still doing lots of great single player while western games are largely falling into microtransaction . I'm wondering if Origins may be the last decent AC with Ubisoft talking how they want to move towards a games as a service model.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone played Pillars of Eternity ? Heard it was like Baldurs Gate and sounded intriguing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part of Nanako's chocolate is she basically made one of the slime shadows on a plate.

Golden is only on the Vita though. The cheapest way to play it would be to buy a used Playstation TV, which is what I did. Hopefully it gets a PS4 port some day or even better a remake so you can have decent quality 3d models, but there is nothing in the works AFAIK.

Can you play the original PS2 Persona 4 in Japanese voice with English subs, or did you play an undub rom? I might buy it on my PS3 just to play the game with Japanese voices, which isn't an option on Persona 4 Golden. I guess you could buy a Japanese Vita TV (eg what Playstation TV is called in Japan) and then buy off the Japanese store to get Japanese voices in P4G, but then I doubt you'd get the English subs.

Marie is another social link in the game but isn't part of your main party in P4G, though she does have a pretty cool dungeon. In Persona Q on 3DS I think Marie plays the Teddy/Rise navigator role, though I haven't played it since it's based on both P3 and P4G and I have just started P3. She is a pretty funny character in P4G.

I gotta say the Persona 4 Golden The Animation sucks, don't even bother with it. The story is so stripped down to try to fit into twelve episodes and the series is nowhere near as good as the original 28 episode Persona 4 The Animation. I mean like never seeing Kanji's bathhouse show on the Midnight Channel or Marukyu Striptease. Instead Kanji and Rise just show up out of nowhere as your close friends in the P4G Animation instead of having to rescue them from the TV like in the P4/P4G games. Too bad the newer version is the only one on Crunchroll right now.

If you liked Persona 4 you will ing love Persona 5. The dungeons are far better in 5, as they're not randomly generated. And P5 has such cool little touches on top of an amazing game. For instance, the load screens are incredible and don't break the immersion the way they do in other games. The menu is done in a really cool art style. The social links don't just give fusion bonuses, almost all of them add passive bonuses or shop bonuses, so leveling social links isn't just for story any more in P5. And as great as the P4 soundtrack is, the P5 soundtracks stomps all over it. The only original soundtrack I have heard lately that I liked more was NieR Automata's.

P5 can be played with Japanese voices, at least the PS4 digital version can (it's a free download). I'd be surprised if it's any different on PS3, though I have had to pay for Japanese voices before (eg in Drakengard 3, and then they're not even in the ing $30 sisters prologue DLC!).
    Finished downloading Persona 5, used the DLC unlocker to unlock all DLC (tee-hee) and loaded up my game to see where I left off. I was quite a ways in, about 13 hrs in with a lvl 17 character. Too bad I have the memory of a goldfish and nearly forgot everything. I'm sure it'll come back to me once I get into the groove of things.

Are Playstation TVs worth it? Can you do other things on it besides play Vita games? Can you hack it and do cool to it?

From what I remember, the PS2 version of Persona 4 didn't have Japanese audio on it. I think I may had played a rom of it on the PS2 because I had my hard drive connected to my network adapter and you could "jailbreak" into the PS2 with a special Action Replay MAX save file. It was so late into the system's life though and by then, I think the PS3 was already out which was when Persona 4 was released on the PS2. I like jailbreaking my consoles, what can I say. I like doing more on my systems than what they were intended for which pissed me off when Sony took out Linux from the fat PS3 back in the day. I remember using Linux on the PS3 back then and having a blast on it. It sucked trying to watch Flash videos on it because it was horribly optimized but this was before streaming sticks/devices and hooking it up to my $1,000 1080P 32 inch Sharp TV in 2006. My first HD TV. But yeah, my first time using Linux was on the PS3 and now I dualboot my laptops with Linux/Windows.

Wait, Golden doesn't have Japanese audio? WTF, that's weird especially it coming out in 2012 (pretty much standard nowadays when going from Japan -> US) but I'm guessing that has to do with the audio file(s) being huge and the Vita games having limited space capacity.

So skip Persona 4 Golden the Animation, gotcha. I didn't even know there was an anime based on the Golden version of the game. I remember hearing about Persona 4 the Animation but seriously didn't know that Golden had one too. Huh...

Yeah, it was totally the same thing for the PS3 version of the game too, the Japanese voices DLC was free from Atlus so that was cool of them. I remember downloading it when I had bought the game and reading about it being available on PSN store. I didn't even play the English for one second, once I knew the Japanese audio pack was available, I immediately downloaded it. It just sounds stupid when I hear characters calling each other "senpai", or "san" or their Japanese names in freaking English. I like to stick close to the source

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished downloading Persona 5, used the DLC unlocker to unlock all DLC (tee-hee) and loaded up my game to see where I left off. I was quite a ways in, about 13 hrs in with a lvl 17 character. Too bad I have the memory of a goldfish and nearly forgot everything. I'm sure it'll come back to me once I get into the groove of things.

Are Playstation TVs worth it? Can you do other things on it besides play Vita games? Can you hack it and do cool to it?

From what I remember, the PS2 version of Persona 4 didn't have Japanese audio on it. I think I may had played a rom of it on the PS2 because I had my hard drive connected to my network adapter and you could "jailbreak" into the PS2 with a special Action Replay MAX save file. It was so late into the system's life though and by then, I think the PS3 was already out which was when Persona 4 was released on the PS2. I like jailbreaking my consoles, what can I say. I like doing more on my systems than what they were intended for which pissed me off when Sony took out Linux from the fat PS3 back in the day. I remember using Linux on the PS3 back then and having a blast on it. It sucked trying to watch Flash videos on it because it was horribly optimized but this was before streaming sticks/devices and hooking it up to my $1,000 1080P 32 inch Sharp TV in 2006. My first HD TV. But yeah, my first time using Linux was on the PS3 and now I dualboot my laptops with Linux/Windows.

Wait, Golden doesn't have Japanese audio? WTF, that's weird especially it coming out in 2012 (pretty much standard nowadays when going from Japan -> US) but I'm guessing that has to do with the audio file(s) being huge and the Vita games having limited space capacity.

So skip Persona 4 Golden the Animation, gotcha. I didn't even know there was an anime based on the Golden version of the game. I remember hearing about Persona 4 the Animation but seriously didn't know that Golden had one too. Huh...

Yeah, it was totally the same thing for the PS3 version of the game too, the Japanese voices DLC was free from Atlus so that was cool of them. I remember downloading it when I had bought the game and reading about it being available on PSN store. I didn't even play the English for one second, once I knew the Japanese audio pack was available, I immediately downloaded it. It just sounds stupid when I hear characters calling each other "senpai", or "san" or their Japanese names in freaking English. I like to stick close to the source
    Virtually all the paid Persona 5 DLC is just outfits from other Atlus games like Catherine. The rest is a few Persona.

Playstation TVs don't really let you do much aside from play some Vita games since it's just a really stripped down Vita. If you get one on 3.60 firmware you can install Henkaku and Enso to jailbreak the system (same with the Vita). I only bought the system to play Persona 4 Golden and Muramasa Rebirth so I didn't bother looking for a 3.60 system. Plus I don't like pirating Atlus games. But most of the best Playstation TV compatible games aside from P4G and Muramasa are on PS3 and/or PS4. You might get annoyed by P4G then since Rise is constantly calling Yu senpai and Teddy constantly calls him sensei in the game. I find Rise's voice maddening in Japanese though.

I was thinking of going the Free McBoot route for PS2 since it's such a great system and I still have a component in free on the TV I have all my consoles hooked up to. I heard you can get some bad streaming issues in cutscene videos though, which doesn't make much sense since even an IDE drive stomps all over the transfer rate of a DVD. Has that been your experience with softmodded PS2? I heard the filesystem can be pretty slow to browse when you have a 250GB IDE drive filled with PS2 iso files.

How are you getting patches for PS3 games? I don't think it's smart to download them directly from the playstation servers like everyone recommends with cfw PS3, especially when you don't want to throw up red flags when you have a PSN account (no way I want to risk my account with how many digital games I buy).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-19-2018 at 09:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtually all the paid Persona 5 DLC is just outfits from other Atlus games like Catherine. The rest is a few Persona.

Playstation TVs don't really let you do much aside from play some Vita games since it's just a really stripped down Vita. If you get one on 3.60 firmware you can install Henkaku and Enso to jailbreak the system (same with the Vita). I only bought the system to play Persona 4 Golden and Muramasa Rebirth so I didn't bother looking for a 3.60 system. Plus I don't like pirating Atlus games. But most of the best Playstation TV compatible games aside from P4G and Muramasa are on PS3 and/or PS4. You might get annoyed by P4G then since Rise is constantly calling Yu senpai and Teddy constantly calls him sensei in the game. I find Rise's voice maddening in Japanese though.

I was thinking of going the Free McBoot route for PS2 since it's such a great system and I still have a component in free on the TV I have all my consoles hooked up to. I heard you can get some bad streaming issues in cutscene videos though, which doesn't make much sense since even an IDE drive stomps all over the transfer rate of a DVD. Has that been your experience with softmodded PS2? I heard the filesystem can be pretty slow to browse when you have a 250GB IDE drive filled with PS2 iso files.

How are you getting patches for PS3 games? I don't think it's smart to download them directly from the playstation servers like everyone recommends with cfw PS3, especially when you don't want to throw up red flags when you have a PSN account (no way I want to risk my account with how many digital games I buy).
    It's not just outfits though if I'm not mistaken, you also get the battle themes and the after battle themes from Persona 2, 3, and 4 in Persona 5. Shiiiit, just to hear the Persona 3 after-battle theme once more is good enough for me.

So basically, it's only good for Vita games and that's all? Meh, sounds like a pass for me.

Yeah I remember using Free McBoot like five or so years ago out of boredom. I totally forgot how I got the memory card to get the save file, I think I may had used a USB stick + my Action Replay Max... but my memory is shaky at best so I can't really answer your questions about the streaming issues for cutscenes but I seriously don't remember any of my games having issues at all. I even used a USB hard drive too because my network adapter + hard drive combo stopped working for some reason. I didn't even have problems with cut scenes at all with the games I tried despite the claims that you shouldn't use a USB hard drive since if I remember correctly, the USB speeds on the PS2 are really ing slow.

But yeah, I say go for it and try it out. You got nothing to lose by putting Free McBoot on your PS2. I think there were even ways to stream PS2 games from your computer to your PS2 and ways for your network adapter on the PS2 to see the ISO files on your computer and download the games from there. There were a lot of nifty things you could do on that thing.

Nah my PS3 is permanently offline ever since I disabled the internet connection through the settings of the CFW. To patch my games, I use my computer. There are websites and programs for that but I specifically use a program called ps3 tools by Aldo that scans my USB hard drive for games, then downloads the PKGs once it finds updates or sometimes I just put the game ID in the program. But the great thing about the PS3 and Sony is that you don't need to sign in to PSN to patch/update your games. I'm not going to ing risk it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah my PS3 is permanently offline ever since I disabled the internet connection through the settings of the CFW. To patch my games, I use my computer. There are websites and programs for that but I specifically use a program called ps3 tools by Aldo that scans my USB hard drive for games, then downloads the PKGs once it finds updates or sometimes I just put the game ID in the program. But the great thing about the PS3 and Sony is that you don't need to sign in to PSN to patch/update your games. I'm not going to ing risk it though.
    I know about those tools, but you're still downloading from the Playstation servers. I wouldn't do it without going through a fast proxy, since otherwise I don't want Sony coming and telling me they're banning my account because the same IP address I use for my PSN account on PS4 was logged downloading patches for games I never bought on PS3. I guess they couldn't tell that for physical games but a lot of the PS3 library is straight digital. CFW seems like too much of a risk IMO unless you start seeing updates and DLC posted to sites like mega.nz. Plus PS3 games were so cheap anyways that I bought almost everything I wanted on the system last year.

I can't front though: my 3ds is straight cfw.

I hate Nintendo's insistence that digital game purchases are tied to console and not to user so I just don't buy digital games for Nintendo systems.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-19-2018 at 10:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know about those tools, but you're still downloading from the Playstation servers. I wouldn't do it without going through a fast proxy, since otherwise I don't want Sony coming and telling me they're banning my account because the same IP address I use for my PSN account on PS4 was logged downloading patches for games I never bought on PS3. I guess they couldn't tell that for physical games but a lot of the PS3 library is straight digital. CFW seems like too much of a risk IMO unless you start seeing updates and DLC posted to sites like mega.nz. Plus PS3 games were so cheap anyways that I bought almost everything I wanted on the system last year.

I can't front though: my 3ds is straight cfw.

I hate Nintendo's insistence that digital game purchases are tied to console and not to user so I just don't buy digital games for Nintendo systems.
    Ohhh I see what you're saying about the IP address and the PS4. Damn didn't even think about it like that. I do have a VPN that I probably should start using then.

Yeah Nintendo ing sucks when it comes digital games, I don't blame you. I would hate to buy the same game five times because these ers refuse to tie the games to accounts. But yeah, I make a list of the games that I do enjoy and buy them during my evaluation of these "complete demos". There's something about buying a game that I actually enjoyed that I'll fully support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically, it's only good for Vita games and that's all? Meh, sounds like a pass for me.
    I think I'm selling the PS TV a little short. It also plays PSP games (digital of course) and has a bunch of PS1 games. I forgot to include those because I play PS1 games on my Raspberry Pi and I don't play PSP games. The PSP is far and away the piece of hardware I most regret ever buying, as GTA sucked on a small screen and the glossy screen was unusable outside. The only game I liked on it was Loco Roco, and I have that remastered on PS4 now anyways. But I heard it got a decent library later on after I gave my PSP away.

If you're into JRPGs there is a lot of weird out there for Vita, and those games should mostly work on PS TV according to Kelsey Lewin (she's a JRPG nut) in Metal Jesus Rocks' Vita buying guide on youtube (amazing channel if you're interested in retro games).

If you put your PS TV on a different TV than your PS4 then you could stream your PS4 to your PS TV, though I think you're limited to 720p. It seems like it makes more sense on the actual Vita. I know a lot of Vita owners use that PS4 streaming as their preferred method for playing Persona 5. P5 was originally supposed to be a Vita game and most of the Persona series before 5 is available on Vita: e.g. Revelations Persona, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Persona 3 Portable, and Persona 4 Golden.

There is one other pretty cool looking Persona game on Vita/PS TV if you like rhythm games: Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

The story isn't great and plays out as a very long-winded visual novel but the art and music are great and it's pretty cool for a rhythm game. However, there is a PS4 version coming in Japan in May, but I think it might only be available if you buy the special edition of Persona 5 Dancing Star Night. That one comes with those two games and an upcoming Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night. P4 Dancing All Night is the only one that has any story content though. You can see it advertised at the end of the trailer for Persona 5 Dancing All Night:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is all this Japanese

Your fall from grace has been stunning baseline bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs