Page 32 of 376 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool, I may do that as I read along with the sub les anyway. I remember playing Shenmue in English and the sequel in Japanese and it was a way better experience.
    Do you dislike all the voice acting? I think Morgana and Anne Takamaki are voiced well. Sojiro I don't feel one way or the other about. Ryuji is pretty bad with his "for real!" every time you talk to him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool, I may do that as I read along with the sub les anyway. I remember playing Shenmue in English and the sequel in Japanese and it was a way better experience.
    I was gonna say. Shenmue primed me for games like these.

I'm surprised you are getting turned off by the long conversations in P5 giving that this was the bread and butter in Shenmue, along with the story that is.

BTW, I did the same thing with Shenmue 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you dislike all the voice acting? I think Morgana and Anne Takamaki are voiced well. Sojiro I don't feel one way or the other about. Ryuji is pretty bad with his "for real!" every time you talk to him.
    I think Sojiro is the one that bothers me the most and he's the one that has the most dialogue so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was gonna say. Shenmue primed me for games like these.

I'm surprised you are getting turned off by the long conversations in P5 giving that this was the bread and butter in Shenmue, along with the story that is.

BTW, I did the same thing with Shenmue 2.
    It isn't so much the dialogue itself (though the PS2 style switching between voice acting and text dialogue is kinda annoying), I enjoy long, talky, storyline-driven games. It's just that the first 10 or so hours of P5 has been a passive experience. In fact I've had a hard time finding places to stop playing for the day because it just throws you from cutscene to cutscene, dialogue to dialogue, with the only input from me being clicks through dialogue.

But it looks like I'm finally through most of the intro. It says I'm free to start planning my assault on the palace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't so much the dialogue itself (though the PS2 style switching between voice acting and text dialogue is kinda annoying), I enjoy long, talky, storyline-driven games. It's just that the first 10 or so hours of P5 has been a passive experience. In fact I've had a hard time finding places to stop playing for the day because it just throws you from cutscene to cutscene, dialogue to dialogue, with the only input from me being clicks through dialogue.

But it looks like I'm finally through most of the intro. It says I'm free to start planning my assault on the palace.
    Just remember to spend your time well leveling up confidants, as it makes a huge difference in how the combat plays out in the dungeons. Sojiro is really useful to level up as early as possible since that lets you brew coffee and make curry to replenish SP (what Persona games call mana). I imagine you have met the doctor if you're ten hours in, and she is really useful to level up some too. As is anyone in your combat party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished the boss battle before 2b and 9s gets seperated. The Giant thing in the oceans. It was intense. Reminds me of NES graduis or something.

Game is starting to get easier tbh.

When you first see emils shop the first thing you can buy are chips. I had zero funds. When to visit him again and now he only sells materials. I really wanted that shock wave 3. Smdh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to play this game.

Looks artistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished the boss battle before 2b and 9s gets seperated. The Giant thing in the oceans. It was intense. Reminds me of NES graduis or something.

Game is starting to get easier tbh.

When you first see emils shop the first thing you can buy are chips. I had zero funds. When to visit him again and now he only sells materials. I really wanted that shock wave 3. Smdh.
    There are three different versions of Emil's shop that take different tracks around the city. The easiest one to get to is the one that goes by the desert and sells mostly crap. The hardest one to get is the track by the resistance camp where he sells a couple of weapons you need for one of the best endings of the game. Getting that spawn of the shop is a real . Also Emil has a great story if you play the first Nier on PS3/360. He's one of my favorite characters ever in gaming.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Started mgs5, same thing, too many cutscenes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Someone made this. Dat music tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am stuck with my battle with eve. In his third form you lose your sword and basically end up walking crippled without any evade. How am i suppose to evade his bubbles? The bubbles is a two hit kill attack and they come instantly after he goes into his third form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Invisible Inc. turn based strategy very similar to Xcom. Lots of fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished the first ending. Took me 27 hours.

Not a big fan of 9s triangle attack though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kinda want to plat this game.

I am surprised how some people say this can be platinumed in under 40. Unless you are playing on easy and have guides thats impossible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am surprised how some people say this can be platinumed in under 40. Unless you are playing on easy and have guides thats impossible.
    You can buy trophies from one vendor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can buy trophies from one vendor.
    Weird. I did not meet that vendor in my first playthrough. Then again I didnt properly investigate the forest. When 2b and 9s seperated, events just came one after another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird. I did not meet that vendor in my first playthrough. Then again I didnt properly investigate the forest. When 2b and 9s seperated, events just came one after another.
    I think you need to at least get to ending C.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Follow this guideline.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...e-roadmap.html

Easier than I thought it'd be to plat. I have done harder games in one playthrough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally decided to buy a gaming laptop...I think the first game I'm going to play is Witcher 2. The intro looked pretty epic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say I love seeing things from 9s perspective but man he is not fun to play. His melee sucks. I wish i could just switch to 2b.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say I love seeing things from 9s perspective but man he is not fun to play. His melee sucks. I wish i could just switch to 2b.
    You're supposed to use his hacking. It makes him way more powerful than 2B.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're supposed to use his hacking. It makes him way more powerful than 2B.
    Hacking is impossible at hard mode man. 95% of people say the same thing. Sure the minnows are easy to hack but anyone with a decent pulse is impossible to hack first try.

Also takes up lots of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hacking is impossible at hard mode man. 95% of people say the same thing.
    Then your choices are either to get really good at it or drop the difficulty to normal. You can't possibly think you're going to get very far in the game without hacking, can you? It's the main attack for 9S and there is one class of enemy that takes about 45 minutes of constant physical and pod attacks to kill just on normal difficulty if you don't hack them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally decided to buy a gaming laptop...

I think the first game I'm going to play is Witcher 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, once you play Witcher 3 there's absolutely no going back to that linear crap world. Play Witcher 3 on PC and experience the definitive version of the game. Running it at 80+ FPS is wonderful.

Also, welcome to the Master Race Lite

Thread Information