Page 39 of 376 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am Japanese mother er
    no way

I remember you posted some pics of "you" climbing in Yosemite or some I don't remember you being a slant eye tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way

I remember you posted some pics of "you" climbing in Yosemite or some I don't remember you being a slant eye tbh
    I look 100% white but I got 1/4 Japanese blood since my grandmother is full Japanese.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look 100% white but I got 1/4 Japanese blood since my grandmother is full Japanese.
    Oh wow.. Sorry about Hiroshima/Nagasaki bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wow.. Sorry about Hiroshima/Nagasaki bro
    Meh, had to happen both to end the war and to scare the out of Stalin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man that is ing weird that you summon persona by shooting yourself in the head with a pistol in Persona 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is all this Japanese

Your fall from grace has been stunning baseline bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way that s real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like rhythm, tap games but watching those videos you posted.... yikes no. As much as I love the Persona series, all these spin offs really do nothing for me including the Persona fighting game. It's like you spend so much time with a main Persona game and its universe that anything more after that is overkill for me personally. But yeah, that rhythm game you posted reminds me how great Elite Beat Agents was... that needs to come back.

Man that is ing weird that you summon persona by shooting yourself in the head with a pistol in Persona 3.
    ing is great and never got old for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Federico said he meant no disrespect and was "devastated" once it dawned on him what he had done."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ in the armor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like rhythm, tap games but watching those videos you posted.... yikes no. As much as I love the Persona series, all these spin offs really do nothing for me including the Persona fighting game. It's like you spend so much time with a main Persona game and its universe that anything more after that is overkill for me personally. But yeah, that rhythm game you posted reminds me how great Elite Beat Agents was... that needs to come back.

ing is great and never got old for me.
    You ever played any of the Shin Megami Tensei series? I had to stop playing Persona 3 FES since I have gotten pretty into Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS. It doesn't have the social link time management stuff like in Persona and the story is kind of meh but the dungeon crawling is ing crack in this game. The demon negotiation especially is awesome in SMT IV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ever played any of the Shin Megami Tensei series? I had to stop playing Persona 3 FES since I have gotten pretty into Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS. It doesn't have the social link time management stuff like in Persona and the story is kind of meh but the dungeon crawling is ing crack in this game. The demon negotiation especially is awesome in SMT IV.
    Persona is supposed to be like a spinoff or something from that series right? I think Persona used to be called Shin Megami Tensei: Persona if I'm not mistaken. To answer your question, I haven't tried any of those. I should check one out one day, but I wouldn't know where to start or if there's any continuity in that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Persona is supposed to be like a spinoff or something from that series right? I think Persona used to be called Shin Megami Tensei: Persona if I'm not mistaken. To answer your question, I haven't tried any of those. I should check one out one day, but I wouldn't know where to start or if there's any continuity in that series.
    Yeah Persona is a spinoff from the Shin Megami Tensei games. Instead of persona you can recruit demons, but a lot of the demons in this series are the same as the persona from the Persona series, so the combat should seem similar in many ways. It's supposed to be more a hardcore JRPG focusing on dungeon crawling, and so far SMT IV feels quite a bit harder than either Persona 4 Golden or Persona 5, though the early part of SMT IV is supposed to be the hardest part. If you like Persona games it's a good bet you'd probably like mainline Shin Megami Tensei also based on my experience with IV, unless you're only into Persona for the story and life sim. You have played some of Persona 5 right? In SMT IV you do demon negotiation kind of reminiscent of the negotiation you do in Persona 5 for personas, though they ask for money, items, to take your HP, to take your MP, etc in addition to wanting you to answer correctly.

You should check getting a CFW 3DS because there are a ton of Shin Megami Tensei games on it, as well as Persona Q and the upcoming Persona Q2, though the reception for Persona Q seems kind of mixed among fans of the series (I haven't tried it yet since it builds on both Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden and I haven't played P3 yet). There is one more SMT game coming out on it I think in May too. It's a pretty badass system if you're into JRPG. Though maybe check Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne on your CFW PS3, as there is a PS2 Classics version of it and that game seems to be regarded as the best in the series by SMT fans online.

But damn 3DS is so easy to jailbreak. Check the site 3ds.hacks.guide to see how easy it is with Chinese flashcarts, though if you get lucky and find a used 3ds with firmware 9.0.0 to 11.3.0 you won't need a flashcart to put CFW on it. Then you'd only need a flashcart to play DS roms. New 3DS / New 3DS XL has much better 3D than old 3DS/3DS XL though. New 2DS XL is also good since it has the better cpu like New 3DS / New 3DS XL have, which is needed for playing the SNES VC games. My New 3DS XL is one of the best $100 I think I have spent not only for the JRPGs but for the Zelda games, Mario Kart 7, and being able to play NES / FDS / SNES games on a portable. (why the is this still not supported on Switch?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So metal gear survive is getting tons of hate

Konami and their antiquated bossess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Persona is a spinoff from the Shin Megami Tensei games. Instead of persona you can recruit demons, but a lot of the demons in this series are the same as the persona from the Persona series, so the combat should seem similar in many ways. It's supposed to be more a hardcore JRPG focusing on dungeon crawling, and so far SMT IV feels quite a bit harder than either Persona 4 Golden or Persona 5, though the early part of SMT IV is supposed to be the hardest part. If you like Persona games it's a good bet you'd probably like mainline Shin Megami Tensei also based on my experience with IV, unless you're only into Persona for the story and life sim. You have played some of Persona 5 right? In SMT IV you do demon negotiation kind of reminiscent of the negotiation you do in Persona 5 for personas, though they ask for money, items, to take your HP, to take your MP, etc in addition to wanting you to answer correctly.

You should check getting a CFW 3DS because there are a ton of Shin Megami Tensei games on it, as well as Persona Q and the upcoming Persona Q2, though the reception for Persona Q seems kind of mixed among fans of the series (I haven't tried it yet since it builds on both Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden and I haven't played P3 yet). There is one more SMT game coming out on it I think in May too. It's a pretty badass system if you're into JRPG. Though maybe check Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne on your CFW PS3, as there is a PS2 Classics version of it and that game seems to be regarded as the best in the series by SMT fans online.

But damn 3DS is so easy to jailbreak. Check the site 3ds.hacks.guide to see how easy it is with Chinese flashcarts, though if you get lucky and find a used 3ds with firmware 9.0.0 to 11.3.0 you won't need a flashcart to put CFW on it. Then you'd only need a flashcart to play DS roms. New 3DS / New 3DS XL has much better 3D than old 3DS/3DS XL though. New 2DS XL is also good since it has the better cpu like New 3DS / New 3DS XL have, which is needed for playing the SNES VC games. My New 3DS XL is one of the best $100 I think I have spent not only for the JRPGs but for the Zelda games, Mario Kart 7, and being able to play NES / FDS / SNES games on a portable. (why the is this still not supported on Switch?)
    Yeah I'll have to check out Nocturne then. Have you played or seen gameplay of the first SMT on the SNES? I was expecting a top down view or isometric Final Fantasy style game but it's more of a Wolfenstein 3D with RPG elements. ing crazy. Totally not what I expected.

Just saw the trailer for the new SMT on the Switch; looks pretty ing crazy. You know what, I could see why some would like this series more than the Persona series if they're the types to just enjoy dungeon crawlers without all the social fluff. I could see myself getting into it especially if I'm in the mood in just playing a dungeon crawler and nothing more but having that same art/style of the Persona series but a little more in the darker side.

But yeah, I'm on the second story of Persona 5, the one with the painter/artist dude.

I should definitely get a 3DS, only reason why I haven't is because of laziness. I would get a 2DS XL though, don't really care about the 3D stuff. But yeah, I'll check into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'll have to check out Nocturne then. Have you played or seen gameplay of the first SMT on the SNES? I was expecting a top down view or isometric Final Fantasy style game but it's more of a Wolfenstein 3D with RPG elements. ing crazy. Totally not what I expected.

Just saw the trailer for the new SMT on the Switch; looks pretty ing crazy. You know what, I could see why some would like this series more than the Persona series if they're the types to just enjoy dungeon crawlers without all the social fluff. I could see myself getting into it especially if I'm in the mood in just playing a dungeon crawler and nothing more but having that same art/style of the Persona series but a little more in the darker side.

But yeah, I'm on the second story of Persona 5, the one with the painter/artist dude.

I should definitely get a 3DS, only reason why I haven't is because of laziness. I would get a 2DS XL though, don't really care about the 3D stuff. But yeah, I'll check into it.
    I put the first two SMT on my SNES Classic but haven't played them yet other than checking they work. It does seem pretty weird playing in first person mode. Persona Q on 3DS does that too. I gotta say the story in SMT IV is getting pretty interesting as I'm getting a little deeper into the game. I'm not sure if the characters will ever end up being anywhere near as interesting as in P5 or P4G though. Man I felt like a piece of crap jumping on that train and leaving everyone behind in Inaba in P4G.

The 3D can actually be pretty good on the New 3DS XL in some games. For instance, Mario Kart 7 uses the 3D effect really impressively, the game is night and day better in 3D vs 2D. Zelda A Link Between Worlds also makes great use of the 3D, while playing 2D makes the game look kind of muddy. I like the 3D effect in Mario Golf also, it really makes it look like you're looking down a fairway. Surprisingly the effect doesn't seem at all impressive in Super Mario 3D Land, which was supposed to be killer app for 3D in the 3DS. In New Super Mario Bros 2 the 3D is kind of interesting on the overworld screen, but doesn't add much to the gameplay.

However, the 3D doubles the resolution the game is rendered at, so some games look a little cleaner with the 3D on even if the 3D effect doesn't do much. For instance, SMT IV and Bravely Default fall into this camp. The 3D can sometimes be bad if playing outdoors though, as it can be easy to lose the effect and trigger drunk double vision if the game is dark. For instance, I can't play Bravely Default outside with the 3D on even in the shade unless it's extremely overcast. No problem with indoor light though.

The 3D effect is really easy to lose in the old school 3DS and 3DS XL, but New 3DS and New 3DS XL have a camera that follows your face and adjusts the 3D effect accordingly. As long as you're not playing in bright outdoor light you usually won't lose the 3D effect unless you turn your head completely away from the screen. Then it'll take a second or so to get back once you turn your head to start looking back at the screen.

One of the advantages of the New 2DS XL is the microSD memory card is easy to swap out, while on the New 3DS XL you have to unscrew the back to change out the microSD. So when I want to put a new game on my New 3DS XL I briefly turn the wifi on and transfer it from my computer wirelessly (the New 3DS XL already has this feature built in). One downside of the New 2DS XL vs the New 3DS XL is the New 2DS XL has the speakers on the bottom so the sound isn't as good as in the New 3DS XL where they're on each side of the screen. The stylus is supposed to be uncomfortably short on the New 2DS XL from reviews, but I haven't used one. Surprisingly the 3DS stylus kit Nintendo puts out (that I needed since the pawn shop I bought from only had an old 3DS XL stylus) doesn't have a New 2DS XL stylus for me to compare.

New New 3DS XL can usually be found on sale for $175 or so while for a new New 2DS XL you're looking at $150, so you don't save much going with the 2d model. The flashcarts for CFW tend to go for around $30 or so plus probably another $20 or so on shipping if you want the cart from China within a week or two. The retailer they recommend on 3ds.hacks.guide has free shipping which people say usually takes two weeks but can take as long as 50 days. Since we're a week past the Chinese new year I wonder if the free shipping might be slow right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put the first two SMT on my SNES Classic but haven't played them yet other than checking they work. It does seem pretty weird playing in first person mode. Persona Q on 3DS does that too. I gotta say the story in SMT IV is getting pretty interesting as I'm getting a little deeper into the game. I'm not sure if the characters will ever end up being anywhere near as interesting as in P5 or P4G though. Man I felt like a piece of crap jumping on that train and leaving everyone behind in Inaba in P4G.

The 3D can actually be pretty good on the New 3DS XL in some games. For instance, Mario Kart 7 uses the 3D effect really impressively, the game is night and day better in 3D vs 2D. Zelda A Link Between Worlds also makes great use of the 3D, while playing 2D makes the game look kind of muddy. I like the 3D effect in Mario Golf also, it really makes it look like you're looking down a fairway. Surprisingly the effect doesn't seem at all impressive in Super Mario 3D Land, which was supposed to be killer app for 3D in the 3DS. In New Super Mario Bros 2 the 3D is kind of interesting on the overworld screen, but doesn't add much to the gameplay.

However, the 3D doubles the resolution the game is rendered at, so some games look a little cleaner with the 3D on even if the 3D effect doesn't do much. For instance, SMT IV and Bravely Default fall into this camp. The 3D can sometimes be bad if playing outdoors though, as it can be easy to lose the effect and trigger drunk double vision if the game is dark. For instance, I can't play Bravely Default outside with the 3D on even in the shade unless it's extremely overcast. No problem with indoor light though.

The 3D effect is really easy to lose in the old school 3DS and 3DS XL, but New 3DS and New 3DS XL have a camera that follows your face and adjusts the 3D effect accordingly. As long as you're not playing in bright outdoor light you usually won't lose the 3D effect unless you turn your head completely away from the screen. Then it'll take a second or so to get back once you turn your head to start looking back at the screen.

One of the advantages of the New 2DS XL is the microSD memory card is easy to swap out, while on the New 3DS XL you have to unscrew the back to change out the microSD. So when I want to put a new game on my New 3DS XL I briefly turn the wifi on and transfer it from my computer wirelessly (the New 3DS XL already has this feature built in). One downside of the New 2DS XL vs the New 3DS XL is the New 2DS XL has the speakers on the bottom so the sound isn't as good as in the New 3DS XL where they're on each side of the screen. The stylus is supposed to be uncomfortably short on the New 2DS XL from reviews, but I haven't used one. Surprisingly the 3DS stylus kit Nintendo puts out (that I needed since the pawn shop I bought from only had an old 3DS XL stylus) doesn't have a New 2DS XL stylus for me to compare.

New New 3DS XL can usually be found on sale for $175 or so while for a new New 2DS XL you're looking at $150, so you don't save much going with the 2d model. The flashcarts for CFW tend to go for around $30 or so plus probably another $20 or so on shipping if you want the cart from China within a week or two. The retailer they recommend on 3ds.hacks.guide has free shipping which people say usually takes two weeks but can take as long as 50 days. Since we're a week past the Chinese new year I wonder if the free shipping might be slow right now.
    I just googled gameplay of Persona Q when you said it does the same thing as the SNES SMT... yikes! Not sure I dig that at all. Totally turned me off on ever playing that game. I just don't dig that in a dungeon crawler.

Man thanks for the info! Seems like the 3DS XL is the way to go. I had reservations about the 3D because it seems like such a fad from 5 years ago but if the 3DS XL actually puts it to good use in some games and there are advantages in having it for other reasons, then yeah, the extra $25 seems worth it even though it's not that much in the overall grand scheme of things. I'll wait after E3 though, you never know what Nintendo will decide to do with the thing especially since it's been replaced by the Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So metal gear survive is getting tons of hate

Konami and their antiquated bossess
    They were so dumb to part with Kojima. They are making money hand over fist with cell phone slot games so they could care less if they ruin a great series like MGS. We also got cheated out of a Kojima Silent Hill game. That is unforgivable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were so dumb to part with Kojima. They are making money hand over fist with cell phone slot games so they could care less if they ruin a great series like MGS. We also got cheated out of a Kojima Silent Hill game. That is unforgivable.
    Damn I can't wait to see what he does for Death Stranding. Too bad that game probably won't be out until 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I can't wait to see what he does for Death Stranding. Too bad that game probably won't be out until 2021.
    Some peeps at other messageboards that have broken news before or at least they claim said it would be for a next gen console so 2021 or 2022

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some peeps at other messageboards that have broken news before or at least they claim said it would be for a next gen console so 2021 or 2022
    I wouldn't be surprised to see PS5 by 2020. I think we'll see a new gen once AMD's fab start manufacturing on 7nm. They're expecting to do it by 2019 but no one is hitting expected deadlines on node shrinks right now so I figure we'll see PS5 in late 2020 or maybe 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man, you got PS Plus? March's games include Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank. If you don't have them, they're both must plays.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...rvice-changes/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man, you got PS Plus? March's games include Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank. If you don't have them, they're both must plays.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...rvice-changes/
    I put those free games in my library so I can play them in the future. Looking forward to both games, especially R & C after all the hype I have been hearing about it. Been a long time since I played a platformer anyways. Bloodborne looks like a hack n slash which has always been up my alley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put those free games in my library so I can play them in the future. Looking forward to both games, especially R & C after all the hype I have been hearing about it. Been a long time since I played a platformer anyways. Bloodborne looks like a hack n slash which has always been up my alley.
    Dude Bloodborne is the best game I have played since Zelda A Link to the Past back in 1992. Even if the rest of the PS4 library was complete dog (like the Switch's launch library minus Zelda BOTW) it would still be worth buying a PS4 just for Bloodborne. It has the most interesting combat I have ever played in a game and while there isn't much to the story, the setting is really dark and immersive. One thing I have to caution you about though: it's like 1980s NES games in that it can be crpytic: think Castlevania II Simon's Quest where you have to get the red crystal and duck by the side of a cliff to reach the next part of the map. The thing that makes people rage quit Bloodborne en masse is the most cryptic part of the game is the absolute beginning. You're never told you need to get one point of insight to be able to start leveling up. There are two ways to gain insight: to find a Madman's Knowledge and use it or to fight a boss. The easiest way to get that first point of insight is just to run to the first boss: Cleric Beast. Look up on youtube how to get to him. He'll kill you quickly unless you're godly at Souls games but you gain the point of insight that awakens the doll who lets you level up in Hunter's Dream (it's your base in the game). Until you get that first point of insight you're just spinning your wheels and none of the blood echoes (eg the currency in the game) can be spent on upgrading your level. You might be tempted to use your blood echoes on the best armor you can buy early on, but armor is almost useless in Bloodborne (same in Dark Souls 1) so you might as well just wear whatever is lightest and you think looks best.

Thread Information