Page 26 of 376 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mobile Strike - what a pos and a money trap...I have met people that have spent 10-20k on this thing..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    War Heroes is a real-time strategy card game and is a lot of fun to play. Highly recommend it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you had patience to wait for the CPY sale. It doesn't rape your i5 like has been hyped?
    I didn't buy it.. I just have read a ton of good things from the sources I trust. I would never betray CPY like that

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Persona 5 is great. I can see why it's getting a lot of hype as the greatest turn based RPG ever made. I'm still too early in it to really say if it's better than Fallout 2, Chrono Trigger, or Final Fantasy VI but I could very well see it being the best of the four based on the strength of the first 15 hours of the game. Man I used to scoff Playstation and their catalog was mostly from 2013-16 aside from Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and a bunch of PS3 remasters, but Sony's lineup of 2017 exclusives has been nothing short of epic and the 2018 lineup looks strong too, though no way I could see it matching this year's releases.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any recommendations for recent story driven single player games? I loved Neir: Automata and Prey this year, I also like what Rise of Tomb Raider tried to be, despite it failing in every aspect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any recommendations for recent story driven single player games? I loved Neir: Automata and Prey this year, I also like what Rise of Tomb Raider tried to be, despite it failing in every aspect.
    blade Senua's Sacrifice is supposed to be amazing. It looks incredible from the reviews I have seen of it, but my PS4 backlog is pretty long right now and I haven't gotten to it yet.

What Remains of Edith Finch has some great storytelling, but it's very short. E.g. something you'd play over a night or two. It's a casual game though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of course AC Origins. If Ubisoft does their typical holiday bundle with Nvidia cards I might grab a 1070 Ti or 1080. Getting AC Origins free would erase some of the sting out of the ridiculous current gpu pricing.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blade Senua's Sacrifice is supposed to be amazing. It looks incredible from the reviews I have seen of it, but my PS4 backlog is pretty long right now and I haven't gotten to it yet.

What Remains of Edith Finch has some great storytelling, but it's very short. E.g. something you'd play over a night or two. It's a casual game though.
    Yeah, I played Edith Finch, It was all right but I was kinda expecting more to the story, maybe I missed something.

starting to look like I'll have to buy a PS4, anyways downloading blade for now
    Last edited by vander; 12-05-2017 at 12:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I played Edith Finch, It was all right but I was kinda expecting more to the story, maybe I missed something.

starting to look like I'll have to buy a PS4, anyways downloading blade for now
    Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn are both pretty great stories if you go that route, and if you like Souls games Bloodborne is probably the best one. If you didn't like Rise of the Tomb Raider I can't imagine you'd like any of the Uncharted games though, they're extremely similar to the modern Tomb Raider games. If you do buy a PS4 wait a week or two, because Sony often does big console sales around Christmas. I got mine for $220 last year around December 12th or so when Sony did an official price cut to Black Friday prices (which was $250 last year).

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    ???

ROTR was incredible tbh, what did you not like about it?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

ROTR was incredible tbh, what did you not like about it?
    the story, characters, dialogue were all pretty bad IMO, voice acting was sub-par. the gameplay was ok, but the scavenging/crafting/survival/skill point features were so minimal they might as well not have even been there.
    but I still wanted to like it, if only all those cut scenes weren't so cringe-worthy, need better writers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the new Tomb Raider games were pretty decent tbh.. Especially graphically. Just thought the shooting was a little basic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Tomb Raider, it sounds like we might get a new one for 2018. I hope they don't do something re ed like make it an XBone (or PoorStation) timed exclusive again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought a super Mario odyssey switch....good purchase or have I done goofed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought a super Mario odyssey switch....good purchase or have I done goofed?
    Switch has some badass games in the pipeline. like Shin Megami Tensei V, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Bayonetta 3, Project Octopath Traveler, and Metroid Prime 4. All but Bayonetta 1 & 2 are likely a year away at least, but they should be amazing. Bayonetta 1 & 2 launches on February 16th and are both killer games. Hopefully it sells well on Switch. Since no one bought the Wii-U no one played Bayonetta 2, but it's an amazing game.

I didn't think Breath of the Wild was as good as the hype, but I'm in a pretty small minority there. Most people who have played it seem to absolutely love it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I'm kind of jonzeing to get a handheld system, but I'm not sure if I should go Switch or New 3DS XL. Switch has Odyssey and will have Bayonetta 2 in two months, but I'm kind of leaning New 3DS XL since it's easy to jailbreak and has a killer back catalog. the Vita, I learned my lesson buying a PSP instead of a DS a decade ago. I'll never go against Nintendo when it comes to handhelds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been watching some Mario Odyssey gameplay and I’m blown away from how fun and it looks.

I rarely watch other people play games but man, this game sucks you right in. Seems like a game you can pick up and play for hours at a time.

The thought about getting a nin switch crossed my mind but quickly shook it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been watching some Mario Odyssey gameplay and I’m blown away from how fun and it looks.

I rarely watch other people play games but man, this game sucks you right in. Seems like a game you can pick up and play for hours at a time.

The thought about getting a nin switch crossed my mind but quickly shook it off.
    The Switch catalog is going to be a little barren for 2018 since all you really have right now is Odyssey, BOTW, Splatoon 2, and Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2 is their only big confirmed 2018 release. But their catalog going forward looks pretty strong with Shin Megami Tensei V, a new Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, and Bayonetta 3. It's looking like Nintendo could have an epic 2019. They just gotta have Zelda and Mario keep the system selling next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Switch catalog is going to be a little barren for 2018 since all you really have right now is Odyssey, BOTW, Splatoon 2, and Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2 is their only big confirmed 2018 release. But their catalog going forward looks pretty strong with Shin Megami Tensei V, a new Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, and Bayonetta 3. It's looking like Nintendo could have an epic 2019. They just gotta have Zelda and Mario keep the system selling next year.
    I wonder if we are heading back to the 90s gaming landscape with Sony clearly ahead of everyone but Nintendo also selling really well.

Xlol of course dying in obscurity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to pick up Xenoblade chronicles 2 for the switch. Enjoying it a lot so far. Switch is a weird system for me since the last Nintendo thing I owned was an SNES. But im liking it so far tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First Rainbow 6 on a 1999 gaming pc I cobbled together from cheap ebay and thrift finds. 550mhz P3, 320mb ram, Voodoo 3 3000.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to pick up Xenoblade chronicles 2 for the switch. Enjoying it a lot so far. Switch is a weird system for me since the last Nintendo thing I owned was an SNES. But im liking it so far tbh
    Man, wish I still worked at this one company that had crazy employee discounts. I remeber the ps3 i got I had a 40% discount on top of the 100 that was already discounted on the console.

Would buy a switch on a heartbeat if that was the case...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, wish I still worked at this one company that had crazy employee discounts. I remeber the ps3 i got I had a 40% discount on top of the 100 that was already discounted on the console.

Would buy a switch on a heartbeat if that was the case...
    perks of working in a sweat shop huh? did they have nets outside the building where you worked?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    perks of working in a sweat shop huh? did they have nets outside the building where you worked?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been playing jedi Academy local multi player with my kids, good fun.
    Also started dishonored 2, enjoyed the first more but I can't resist these deus ex style open ended games. I try to stealth my way through till I get caught and murder my way out of trouble

Thread Information