My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why were we posting up LA against a much bigger gasol last night? Kawhi is unstoppable in the post...the griz would have HAD to help...and the mid range shot would have opened up for Aldridge... There are times I do like him posting up (vs small teams or bad defenders), but for the most part, kawhi is our best bet in the post...dude is in his prime and hungry...FEED HIM!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figuring what will work in playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know where Kawhi could be positioned in, no room left.
    I think the leaders Parker n Pop are going to jump on Aldridges back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even watch the game? Kawhi didn't play well that's why we lost. That, 3s, and trash refs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even watch the game? Kawhi didn't play well that's why we lost. That, 3s, and trash refs
    +1

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't have Kawhi on the line when the game is on the line, he'll choke it away. Smfh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't think a "superstar" would have to be put into a position to succeed. He shouldn't need babying like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?? Dude...THATS MY POINT!!! He didn't have a good game BECAUSE pop didn't put him in areas to succeed given the matchup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The refs were trash. They have been trash since the spurs tied golden state record wise. The nba doesnt want the spurs to be the top seed. It would be totally contrary to its own agenda for the last few years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?? Dude...THATS MY POINT!!! He didn't have a good game BECAUSE pop didn't put him in areas to succeed given the matchup
    Lol he didn't have a good game because he was bricking his jumpers. Kawhi is the leader of the team and makes decisions on the floor himself. Poop has been this season. But to act like we lost because pop made Leonard have a bad game is re ed

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Spurs got to get LMA going. I usually don't like Pops decisions, but it's the regular season, no need to wear out Kawhi, very need to overuse LMA until he remembers how to play well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Spurs got to get LMA going. I usually don't like Pops decisions, but it's the regular season, no need to wear out Kawhi, very need to overuse LMA until he remembers how to play well.
    Why?
    Why does the offense need to be half court no / little passing isolate LMA?
    We saw that last year. He is never going to have another back to back 40 point games in the playoffs ever. Plus we saw what happened the non 40 point games. OKC 4-2. Sure ThunderRef sealed it, but why does Popped let it come down to that?
    All the role players function better with the passing game vs the half court 4 Dumb with Elbow Aldridge.
    Who died and appointed LMA as sacred cow?
    Chief of Basketball Operations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "MVP candidates" don't need to be put into a position to succeed. They create success, no matter the situation.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?
    Why does the offense need to be half court no / little passing isolate LMA?
    We saw that last year. He is never going to have another back to back 40 point games in the playoffs ever. Plus we saw what happened the non 40 point games. OKC 4-2. Sure ThunderRef sealed it, but why does Popped let it come down to that?
    All the role players function better with the passing game vs the half court 4 Dumb with Elbow Aldridge.
    Who died and appointed LMA as sacred cow?
    Chief of Basketball Operations.
    he needs to return to legit 2nd option status, otherwise Spurs have no chance and why even care. he won't put up b2b 40s, but he needs to at least be a threat for 30 every game, which I think he is still capable of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wants to get LMA going, doesn't want to show playoff strategy, stays out of LAC bracket

profit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he needs to return to legit 2nd option status, otherwise Spurs have no chance and why even care. he won't put up b2b 40s, but he needs to at least be a threat for 30 every game, which I think he is still capable of.
    Didn't work last year, what is to think it will work this year?

#1 option Kwa altho he will still play team ball, not go into Kobme mode.
    #2 option in no particular order Bertie Pau Patty LMA Murray whole team combination the 2nd option.

This is >>>>>> then #1 Kwa #2 LMA in 4 Dumb mode.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it me or has there been any games where LA and Kawhi play well in the same game? It seems as if they both take away the rhythm of the other. Add to that that ball movement is probably the most important element for Spurs success, what is the key to unite all these forces for the better of the Spurs? Is it Xs and Os or psychological?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it me or has there been any games where LA and Kawhi play well in the same game? It seems as if they both take away the rhythm of the other. Add to that that ball movement is probably the most important element for Spurs success, what is the key to unite all these forces for the better of the Spurs? Is it Xs and Os or psychological?
    The thing is when they are both on, the "others" aint most of the time and so it's still a hard win anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Pau and Deadman and play LMA and Lee with the second unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread should read "Putting the Spurs in a position to succeed". I think it's fair to say that, at this point, if the Spurs want to win, giving the ball to LA on the post is not a recipe for success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol he didn't have a good game because he was bricking his jumpers. Kawhi is the leader of the team and makes decisions on the floor himself. Poop has been this season. But to act like we lost because pop made Leonard have a bad game is re ed
    Pop didn't make Kawhi miss shots but didn't play him at his strengths either.

With Parker on the floor, Kawhi plays too much off ball. He doesn't run many P&Rs, he doesn't drive, he becomes a spot-up shooter.

I don't expect the Spurs play Kawhi in the post that much but he was our most effective P&R ball-handler and he was leading the whole league in those plays, with all offensive Kawhi's repertoire, is just stupid to have him parking in the corner to shoot 3's.

In this game against SAC at half time, 5 of his 10 shots were 3, also he was fouled in other 3-p shot and made the FTs. So 6 3PAs in a half..

"MVP candidates" don't need to be put into a position to succeed. They create success, no matter the situation.
    It's hard for any player, MVP candidate or not, take over a game when he doesn't have the ball in his hands.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 03-19-2017 at 08:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop didn't make Kawhi miss shots but didn't play him at his strengths either.

With Parker on the floor, Kawhi plays too much off ball. He doesn't run many P&Rs, he doesn't drive, he becomes a spot-up shooter.

I don't expect the Spurs play Kawhi in the post that much but he was our most effective P&R ball-handler and he was leading the whole league in those plays, with all offensive Kawhi's repertoire, is just stupid to have him parking in the corner to shoot 3's.

In this game against SAC at half time, 5 of his 10 shots were 3, also he was fouled in other 3-p shot and made the FTs. So 6 3PAs in a half..

It's hard for any player, MVP candidate or not, take over a game when he doesn't have the ball in his hands.
    He should take the ball away from porker if that's what it takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no no! We need to break KL's arm below the elbow, compound fracture with skin tear. We need to do this during the latter part of the RS in games that don't matter. That's the only way he's going to progress to Manu-like skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think that had anything to do with the fact that he was mostly going off the dribble against one of the best perimeter defenders in the league? Wouldn't have been a bad idea to let him use his size advantage over Allen in the post a little more often.

Thread Information