College
    UCLA Bruins

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ?

in the rock genre, he's the greatest vocalist
    I'd much rather listen to guys like Bob Dylan, Joe er, Leon Russell than Neil Diamond, Steve Perry, Freddie Mercury. When it comes to rock.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'd much rather listen to guys like Bob Dylan, Joe er, Leon Russell than Neil Diamond, Steve Perry, Freddie Mercury. When it comes to rock.
    as a vocalist? he's nothing special whatsoever from that standpoint. below average at best

as a songwriter...

joe crocker is a great one... but leon russell better than mercury? get outta here. he doesn't have the range or the power mercury has, not even close.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Mount Rushmore of Hip-Hop:

Lil B
    Young Thug
    Xxxtentacion
    Gucci Mane

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    as a vocalist? he's nothing special whatsoever from that standpoint. below average at best

as a songwriter...

joe crocker is a great one... but leon russell better than mercury? get outta here. he doesn't have the range or the power mercury has, not even close.
    As usual you don't get it. I don't want a LEGIT SINGER when it comes to rock or blues. Sure if talking soul, R&B.

Eric Burdon
    Jimi Hendrix
    Janis Joplin
    Dylan
    Dr.John
    Van Morrison
    Leon Russell

....would stand no chance on American Idol. Look at the impact that gang has made.

Freddie Mercury trying to sell this, no way in .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    this is why we're just looking at VOCALISTS in a vac ... although janis joplin would kill it in american idol

how about freddie mercury getting involved with opera . the other signer who is supposed to be a big deal in the opera world was shocked. just look at her reaction at 0:41

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this is why we're just looking at VOCALISTS in a vac ... although janis joplin would kill it in american idol

how about freddie mercury getting involved with opera . the other signer who is supposed to be a big deal in the opera world was shocked. just look at her reaction at 0:41

You never seem to get it, sheesh~~~~~

I don't listen to....ROCK & ROLL...for that reason. I don't want that kind of vocals.

Check it out not that you'll ever get it.

Tony Bennett can sing circles around Dr. John...but....no way he can sell the stuff Dr.John trys to sell. Same with Bob Dylan, his vocals are PERFECT for what's he's seliing.

Frank Sinatra, Freddie Mercury, Neil Diamond, Vaughn Monroe, trying to peddle this.....

Last edited by Avante; 03-21-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People listen to jazz, funk, rock, country looking for a particular sound. Freddie Mercury is too tight, imagine him trying this.

Freddie Mercury singing....lawd have mercy......nay~~~~

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You never seem to get it, sheesh~~~~~

I don't listen to....ROCK & ROLL...for that reason. I don't want that kind of vocals.

Check it out not that you'll ever get it.

Tony Bennett can sing circles around Dr. John...but....no way he can sell the stuff Dr.John trys to sell. Same with Bob Dylan, his vocals are PERFECT for what's he's seliing.

Frank Sinatra, Freddie Mercury, Neil Diamond, Vaughn Monroe, trying to peddle this.....
    People listen to jazz, funk, rock, country looking for a particular sound. Freddie Mercury is too tight, imagine him trying this.

Freddie Mercury singing....lawd have mercy......nay~~~~
    hey genius, this thread SPECIFICALLY says rock and roll

bob dylan's vocals

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Axl
    Slash
    Lars Ulrich
    Flea

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    College
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Lars what the

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Clapton
    John Bonham
    Geddy Lee
    Axel Rose

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Axl
    Slash
    Lars Ulrich
    Flea
    This is more like a modern Mt. Rushmore. I don't think Axl belongs in there though. And as cartoonish as Motley Crue is, I put Tommy Lee over Lars. Obviously some better drummers out there but I don't know that Neal Peart was particularly influential. For maybe the same reason as Mercury below.

Imo, Mt. Rushmore should be farther back than this group. People that were innovators or had strong influence of later styles. It's why I'm not sure that Freddie Mercury belongs on it. Talent wise, he'd be on there. But as good as he was, and as much as other vocalists respected him, I don't think he was a huge influence on future singers. I can only think of a few that even tried to sing in that style. It's just too difficult.

I think the easiest pick for the Mt. Rushmore is Hendrix.
    For the drummer, I think a strong case could be made for John Bonham.
    Vocalist becomes difficult. I think Plant seems near the top but I didn't really want to include multiple members from the same band.
    Bassist, I really don't know. Maybe John Enwistle.

I don't think the Mt. Rushmore should extend back to Chuck Berry or those guys because even though there may be commone elements, the sound of what they were doing is way different from current day. While you can still easily pick out Zeppelin riffs.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    hey genius, this thread SPECIFICALLY says rock and roll

bob dylan's vocals

You really never get things guy, wow~~~~

I'd (a lot of others) much rather listen to Bob Dylan than Freddie Mercury. And I can name rockers you've never even heard of, trust me.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You cannot have a Rock & Roll Mount Rushmore without Chuck Berry.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You cannot have a Rock & Roll Mount Rushmore without Chuck Berry.
    I just did got.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Then ya wonder why ya come off as an idiot.

http://archive.northjersey.com/story...more-1.1212524

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    you aren't allowed to have a rock and roll hall of fame if you think dylan is a better rock and roll vocalist than mercury

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you aren't allowed to have a rock and roll hall of fame if you think dylan is a better rock and roll vocalist than mercury
    Why is this even a discussion? Dylan just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I know a hundred people that could write that . A hundred.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why is this even a discussion? Dylan just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I know a hundred people that could write that . A hundred.
    writer and vocalist are 2 very different roles. as a vocalist, dylan is below average

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Then ya wonder why ya come off as an idiot.

http://hotpreteentrannies
    Yeah...I'm not going to click on that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    writer and vocalist are 2 very different roles. as a vocalist, dylan is below average
    Below average is overrating him.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll go slow, you can do this.

What Dylan is trying to sell he does it far better than Freddie Mercury. It's the...MOOD...that Dylan is peddling. Frank Sinatra singing reggae? Bob Marley singing country?

Dylan isn't looking (not that he could) to sing like a song bird, that's not what he does.

I don't wanna hear a guy with golden vocals singing rock or blues, I want that grit. Yep, when it comes to soul now we need some serious vocals. Al Green, Otis Redding, Solomon Burke, Percy Sledge, Marvin Gaye etc.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah...I'm not going to click on that.
    Why the clown bit guy?

That site had...

1.Chuck Berry
    2.Elvis
    3.Hendrix
    4.Beatles

Disagree? We'd love to hear your own choices. After all, if there's anything more American than our great presidents, it's our national lament: "Well, I didn't vote for him ..."
    Email: [email protected]
    Our picks

• CHUCK BERRY, the founder. Rock-and-roll’s George Washington? Chuck Berry is the early guy who, more than anyone else, put the whole package together. A guitar hero. A showman. Significantly, a songwriter – at a time when most artists performed other people’s material – whose lyrics (underrated) dealt specifically with teenage concerns. And on top of which, he was the Francis Scott Key-like figure who wrote the music’s national anthem: “Hail! Hail! Rock ‘n’ Roll.”

Last edited by Avante; 03-22-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why the clown bit guy?

That site had...

1.Chuck Berry
    2.Elvis
    3.Hendrix
    4.Beatles

Disagree? We'd love to hear your own choices. After all, if there's anything more American than our great presidents, it's our national lament: "Well, I didn't vote for him ..."
    Email: [email protected]
    Our picks

• CHUCK BERRY, the founder. Rock-and-roll’s George Washington? Chuck Berry is the early guy who, more than anyone else, put the whole package together. A guitar hero. A showman. Significantly, a songwriter – at a time when most artists performed other people’s material – whose lyrics (underrated) dealt specifically with teenage concerns. And on top of which, he was the Francis Scott Key-like figure who wrote the music’s national anthem: “Hail! Hail! Rock ‘n’ Roll.”

I don't give a what someone else wrote. I just gave you the Mount Rushmore of Rock a few posts ago.

Thread Information