wow, avante just doesn't get it

bob dylan better vocalist than freddie mercury ~~~ hahahahahahahaha

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    wow, avante just doesn't get it

bob dylan better vocalist than freddie mercury ~~~ hahahahahahahaha
    As usual everything needs a big crayon sketch or you won't get it, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want KICKER MUSIC...what good is Freddie Mercury going to do me? I want some old blues, what good will Frddie Mercury do me? I want a nasal delivery, acoustic guitar and a rack harmonica sound, what good is Freddie Mercury going to do me?

Dude, The Grateful Dead are huge, The Band...huge, Joe er...huge, Leon Russell, Van Morrison, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix....huge. Rock isn;t about what Freddie Mercury brings, ok? I don't like that fluffy ....ok?

What's sad is that has to be explained to you....AGAIN~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Fred Duurst!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Child molestors

Jared Fogle
    The Pope
    Avante
    Roman Polanski

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This is more like a modern Mt. Rushmore. I don't think Axl belongs in there though. And as cartoonish as Motley Crue is, I put Tommy Lee over Lars. Obviously some better drummers out there but I don't know that Neal Peart was particularly influential. For maybe the same reason as Mercury below.

Imo, Mt. Rushmore should be farther back than this group. People that were innovators or had strong influence of later styles. It's why I'm not sure that Freddie Mercury belongs on it. Talent wise, he'd be on there. But as good as he was, and as much as other vocalists respected him, I don't think he was a huge influence on future singers. I can only think of a few that even tried to sing in that style. It's just too difficult.

I think the easiest pick for the Mt. Rushmore is Hendrix.
    For the drummer, I think a strong case could be made for John Bonham.
    Vocalist becomes difficult. I think Plant seems near the top but I didn't really want to include multiple members from the same band.
    Bassist, I really don't know. Maybe John Enwistle.

I don't think the Mt. Rushmore should extend back to Chuck Berry or those guys because even though there may be commone elements, the sound of what they were doing is way different from current day. While you can still easily pick out Zeppelin riffs.
    Claypool, Chris Squire

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Claypool, Chris Squire
    Chris Squire wouldn't be a bad choice. I put Claypool in the same group as Flea and the "modern" group. As badass as he is, I don't think he supersedes Flea though. Not talent wise but influence wise. I can't say who is technically better but Flea obviously had much more exposure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Chris Squire wouldn't be a bad choice. I put Claypool in the same group as Flea and the "modern" group. As badass as he is, I don't think he supersedes Flea though. Not talent wise but influence wise. I can't say who is technically better but Flea obviously had much more exposure.
    I think Claypool is worlds better technically, and he can sing at the same time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Claypool is worlds better technically, and he can sing at the same time.
    I hope you're joking about him singing. Or maybe I've heard the wrong songs.

But either way, I think Flea is way ahead for a Modern Rock Mount Rushmore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I hope you're joking about him singing. Or maybe I've heard the wrong songs.

But either way, I think Flea is way ahead for a Modern Rock Mount Rushmore.
    Chili Peppers are incredibly overrated - their soulless cover of Higher Ground somehow catapulted them into the stratosphere. Playing any instrument while singing adds a degree of difficulty. But if MTV exposure is a criteria for HOF, we're not gonna see eye to eye.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Unless you were there in the beginning and watched the evolution of rock/soul/funk/R&B you aren't going to get it. You just have too small a sample size if ya missed out on all that pre 80's stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Chili Peppers are incredibly overrated - their soulless cover of Higher Ground somehow catapulted them into the stratosphere. Playing any instrument while singing adds a degree of difficulty. But if MTV exposure is a criteria for HOF, we're not gonna see eye to eye.
    I'm not a huge Chili Pepper fan. But they were in the stratosphere before Higher Ground. Which is awful. I was a fan for exactly 2 albums. Mothers Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magic. They had a pretty good following even before that. Some will say their earlier stuff was way better and certainly had a more funky vibe. I think Under the Bridge has been their undoing. Seems like they've remade it several times. But Flea and Fruscianti are great musicians. My comment about exposure was to point out that Flea is probably more influential because he's been heard by more people than Claypool. And yes...due to MTV and dumbed down radio. But I'm not saying that exposure is a valid qualification for the Mount Rushmore. Just that it facilitates influence.

Thread Information