Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a good video between Shaq and Ernie Johnson where he tells the story of David Robinson stiffing him for an autograph.

Starts at 6:40 mark.

Or click this external link to jump straight to the segment in the video.
    https://youtu.be/sOJ9x3udj3c?t=399

Spoilers below

Basically, he says
    "I made it all up."
    "David Robinson dominated me in our first matchup."
    "I had to fire myself up somehow."
    "David Robinson was the nicest guy ever."
    "I learned a lot from watching David Robinson. I learned the spin move from him."
    "He never confronted me about it so last year I felt bad and I told David, I'm sorry I made that up and David says, I know Shaq, you're just a jokester."

David is really the nicest guy ever. Makes some stars today seem like drama queens these days when any ones feelings gets hurt.
    Last edited by D-rob fan; 03-22-2017 at 01:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Da Admiral dictated the class this organization continues to follow. Lots of people credit Pop for instilling class, professionalism and humility in all his Spurs teams and deservedly so but most of the credit should go to Mr. Robinson because he paved the way, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Da Admiral dictated the class this organization continues to follow. Lots of people credit Pop for instilling class, professionalism and humility in all his Spurs teams and deservedly so but most of the credit should go to Mr. Robinson because he paved the way, tbh.
    Eww.

Ginobili is really the guy that paved the way towards unslefishness. Duncan, Robinson were "nice" teamates vut they eat all the food they could ever eat during their prime.

To be fair, Both Duncan and Robinson were class acts in tail end of their careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq better get on a ing diet, I want that head around for a long time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus what an ass clown..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq better get on a ing diet, I want that head around for a long time
    he was probably 50 overweight at the end of his career and probably pushing 400 now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I met David Robinson as a kid at the old movie theater at Huebner Oaks behind where that big Champs sports bar used to be. Had his wife and kids with him and he wasn't the slightest bit annoyed by some random kid eager to meet him. You can tell he wouldn't have an ill thing to say to someone on his worst day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved DRob. But then I found out about him going all Willy nilly with the water supply. Basically ing over the homeless who really needed it. Selfish as . I kind of thought he was taking a shot at Hakeem. "Hey...look how much water I waste while your people suffer." But that was cool because of what the Rockets did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved DRob. But then I found out about him going all Willy nilly with the water supply. Basically ing over the homeless who really needed it. Selfish as . I kind of thought he was taking a shot at Hakeem. "Hey...look how much water I waste while your people suffer." But that was cool because of what the Rockets did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ran into 5-0 after game 1 of the 99 WCF at Taco Cabana on DeZavala. Dude was not in the least bit annoyed at all the attention and drunk idiots interacting with him. Even went up to the counter and asked if they had a sharpie in the back when his pen wouldn't write on a shirt for an autograph. He didn't eat, he sat while a fat white guy ate and David paid. Never understood that part of story. But nonetheless David is legend status when it comes to class acts.
    Last edited by gospursgojas; 03-23-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Thread Information