Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have gotten both sides together from the start and figured out what both sides agreed on and gone from there. Instead they wrote a ty bill and only tried to patch it up when it was clear the votes weren't there. It isn't just a Republican leadership issue, it's a Washington DC issue. Instead of working on things everyone can agree on they keep it as leverage to try and force something ty/not popular.
    Congress has had a level of acrimony where they basically made a word like 'consensus' nearly an insult. This is on both sides, but even worse on red team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congress has had a level of acrimony where they basically made a word like 'consensus' nearly an insult. This is on both sides, but even worse on red team.
    Yeah, if like Obama paid a compliment to a red team member and said he liked him guy might as well off himself because its all over for him with his base

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP controls entire govt, in part, because of Obamacare.
    Personally, despite I don't like that law at all, I think Barrycarre has very little to do with that. The GOP ran on that 4 years ago and lost. I think the biggest factors were in bency, the Dems embrace of globalization to the detriment of the working class, which started to eat into even the middle class, and Shillary being a terrible candidate who embodied a lot of that.

Let's not pretend that Trump didn't run on an anti-globalization, anti free-market platform. That's pretty much what won him the rust belt and probably PA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if like Obama paid a compliment to a red team member and said he liked him guy might as well off himself because its all over for him with his base
    That was Barry's problem. He tried to be cozy with the republicans caving in and appointing conservatives to important roles all the time. And at the end it didn't matter because they still hated his guts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An honest read from the far right: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/go...ticle/2618413#!

Republicans for years have criticized the process that produced Obamacare, and things certainly got ugly. But after having just witnessed this debacle, I think Paul Ryan owes Nancy Pelosi an apology.

One has to admire the commitment that Democrats and Obama had to delivering something they campaigned on and truly believed in. They spent 13 months getting the bill from an initial concept to final passage, and pressed on during many points when everybody was predicting doom. They had public hearings, multiple drafts of different bills, they kept negotiating, even worked into Christmas. They made significant changes at times, but also never lost sight of their key goals. They didn't back down in the face of angry town halls and after losing their filibuster-proof majority, and many members cast votes that they knew risked their political careers. Obama himself was a leader, who consistently made it clear that he was not going to walk away. He did countless rallies, meetings, speeches — even a "summit" at the Blair House — to try to sell the bill, talking about details, responding to criticisms of the bill to the point that he was mocked by conservatives for talking so much about healthcare.

The contrast between Obama and Democrats on healthcare and what just happened is stunning. House Republicans slapped together a bill in a few weeks (months if we're being generous) behind closed doors with barely any debate. They moved the bill through committees at blazing speed, conducted closed-door negotiations that resulted in relatively minor tweaks to the bill, and within 17 days, Trump decided that he'd had enough, and was ready to walk away if members didn't accept the bill as is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol
    Thanks congressman David Valadao!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol
    That ad was so annoying. In San Antonio that ad played nonstop, thank Will Hurd for repealing Obamacare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol fantasy football. Dear God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ad was so annoying. In San Antonio that ad played nonstop, thank Will Hurd for repealing Obamacare.
    Seems like the PAC spent a lot of money on embarrassing itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically what Barton is saying is that his voters are too dumb to figure out that he's been stringing them along all this while. And the dumb s in his district will almost certainly send him back to DC in 2 years' time.

The longest-running con is the GOP crusade against Roe v Wade. It's been 44 years since abortion has been legal, and 95% of GOP candidates at every level have been duping their base into thinking they'll help reverse it. Never mind that in those 4 decades they've had full control of government and a favorable Supreme Court at multiple instances.

So these are early days still. The GOP is going to milk the healthcare cow till the last baby boomer dies. And the tlongs, rmts and wild cobras who vote for them will keep falling for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "... On Day One"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Health-Care Bill Embraces the GOP’s Scariest State-Level Experiments

We all live in Kansas now.

https://www.thenation.com/article/th...l-experiments/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read a great point

Repugs own health care now.

Repeal ACA 60+ times but can't replace or even fix it now that the ammunition is live?

Health care BELONGS to the Repugs now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs Can't Get Their Together on Health Care: The Daily Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6mQYfrbuDQ&t=329s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Bannon ordered conservative Republicans to vote for Trumpcare and they just laughed at him

"Guys, look. This is not a discussion. This is not a debate. You have no choice but to vote for this bill."

Bannon's point was: This is the Republican platform. You're the conservative wing of the Republican Party. But people in the room were put off by the dictatorial mindset.

One of the members replied:

"You know, the last time someone ordered me to something,

I was 18 years old.

And it was my daddy.

And I didn't listen to him, either."

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...laughed-at-him

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-25-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team