Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Will predicts Obamacare to become single-payer because of this inconvenient fact

the essence of Obamacare is the expansion of Medicaid.

what we've learned in this debate about repealing Obamacare is that

the essence of Obamacare is the expansion of Medicaid.

Who has benefited from that? Probably

disproportionately white working-class males, Trump voters
    ."

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/21/1654931/-George-Will-predicts-Obamacare-to-become-single-payer-because-of-this-inconvenient-fact?detail=email&link_id=8&can_id=4217e8eb109c68b d0c2e4143dd2d8c15&source=email-trumps-white-house-dinner-guest-called-hillary-a-worthless- -obama-a-subhuman-mongrel&email_referrer=trumps-white-house-dinner-guest-called-hillary-a-worthless- -obama-a-subhuman-mongrel___202136&email_subject=george-will-predicts-obamacare-to-become-single-payer-because-of-this-inconvenient-fact

Since when have you agreed with George Will?

You have made fun of him as out of touch and when convenient you agree... So Bootish.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do you all want to pay for the healthcare of able-bodied, healthy, single males without children. I don't. Should they get it for free while the rest of us pay through our noses?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when have you agreed with George Will?

You have made fun of him as out of touch and when convenient you agree... So Bootish.
    As usual your "take" is completely ed up wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do you all want to pay for the healthcare of able-bodied, healthy, single males without children. I don't. Should they get it for free while the rest of us pay through our noses?
    The basic idea of insurance is everyone covers the few who will need it.
    Shared risk.

When a profit motive is added this becomes extraordinarily difficult for health care as opposed to something like home insurance. People expect to lose money on home insurance because they are provided the comfort of knowing they have a chance at rebuilding and repairing if catastrophe strikes. Not so with health care.

I lose big big money on health care because I am lucky enough to be healthy in the first place, and enjoy maintaining my health through excercise and smart eating. Same with the wife. We see a doctor once a year. If I get the occasional knock playing sports, most have been closing wounds(s ches) I go to the doc in the box and pay out of pocket (quick treatment) Should I ask for my money back from the people who have used it?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i guess thats up to your preacher.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and we know how they feel about young men.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House Slave State GOPer: Move To Another State If You Have A Pre-Existing Condition

the current bill allows states to waive the protections, giving insurers a green light to jack up the rates of those with a chronic illness or disability.

Other rank-and-file lawmakers have been more blunt.

“People can go to the state that they want to live in,” Rep. Robert Pittenger (R-NC) told reporters Tuesday morning when asked if people with pre-existing conditions could be charged much more under the American Health Care Act.

“States have all kinds of different policies and there are disparities among states for many things: driving restrictions, alcohol, whatever,”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/house-goper-move-to-another-state-if-you-have-a-pre-existing-condition?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A%20tpm-news%20%28TPMNews%29

iow, all y'all sickos GTFO of NC, cause we Christ-lovin, Bible humpin, pre-existing sociopathic assholes, ain't paying for your care.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key Republican announces opposition to Trumpcare, putting it on the verge of collapse

Turns out pre-existing condition protections are popular.

Trash has said, wrongly, that “pre-existing conditions” are in the existing bill.

https://thinkprogress.org/key-republ...e-130dd8c84035

CLUELESS IGNORANT
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-02-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key Republican announces opposition to Trumpcare, putting it on the verge of collapse

Turns out pre-existing condition protections are popular.

]Trash has said, wrongly, that “pre-existing conditions” are in the existing bill.

CLUELESS IGNORANT

https://thinkprogress.org/key-republ...e-130dd8c84035

Dear Leader isn't clueless, it's just another boldfaced lie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still cant pass something in the house that will still get killed in the senate floor anyway.

So much for nothing. lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 on trending (sorry darrin)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As usual your "take" is completely ed up wrong.
    Explain yourself.

You bash Will consistently a now use him as a learned source?

Learn to handle your constant contradictions and silly rationalizations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucker Ryan being an even bigger conman than Trump

LOL letting states opt out is protecting people with pre-existing conditions. you Ryan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain yourself.
    You Wouldn't and you DON'T understand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans just hatched a last-ditch strategy to destroy Obamacare. It’s a total scam.

They plan to introduce a new amendment that is designed to give moderates a way to pretend that the GOP bill won’t harm people with preexisting conditions — and thus, a way to support the bill in the numbers needed to pass it.

In reality, the new amendment is unlikely to insulate moderate and vulnerable Republicans from potent political attacks if they do support the bill, since it will be pretty much just as cruel in human terms — on multiple levels — as the current one is.

The new amendment, which is being championed by Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) — who made a huge splash by opposing the bill yesterday — would essentially add $8 billion of funding over five years in addition to the so-called high-risk pools, which are supposed to function as a safety net for people with preexisting conditions who lose coverage as a result of the GOP bill.

The Republican plan would gut protections for people with preexisting ailments, because it would allow states to waive the prohibition on insurers from jacking up premiums for them

— a prohibition that’s called “community rating” — which could lead to soaring costs and many of them getting priced out of the market entirely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...t-draw7&wpmm=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like these gots in the house are going to pass Trumpcare today.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs making huge cuts for special ed, since kids, families with bad breaks are expendable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Price's rule making will make the Repug "health" plan more sociopathic, more viciously cruel.

America is ed and un able, esp for Trash's poor, white voters

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New GOP Plan To Repeal Obamacare Would Actually Create Real ‘Death Panels’

Americans struggling with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses are expressing their concrete fears that the House’s latest handiwork will accelerate their demise, because it repeals Obamacare’s ban on insurers rejecting coverage for people with pre-existing conditions and allows insurers to segregate these people into pricier high-risk pools. Both are disasters.

the GOP proposal for creating high-risk pools is a fantasy, others told the Times, recalling how before Obamacare if you were over age 50 and had any medical issues—which includes almost everyone—no insurer would sell you a policy.

. The latest analyses, from those who ran Medicaid and Medicare under President Obama, is that every congressional district will see tens of thousands of people losing coverage, with those remaining facing premium hikes of 15 to 20 percent and deductible increases of 60 percent.

pulling the pre-existing condition prohibition out of the law is not just a political death wish, but amounts to life-threatening changes for older Americans. In other words, Palin’s death panels are all too real; they’re in Ryan’s latest repeal bill; and enough voters know it.

listen to a Republican pollster who did focus groups to create ads trashing Obamacare. Here’s Rick Wilson’s tweetstorm:

We were prepping anti-Obamacare ads. In EVERY group and I mean EVERY group… Democrats, indys, hard Rs, soft Rs, rich, poor, black, white, urban, suburban…there was one argument that nuked everything else… And that was coverage for pre-existing conditions. It didn’t matter where you were coming from on the battle…it was the killer app…

http://www.nationalmemo.com/new-gop-...-death-panels/

.... but that won't stop the murderous, vicious cruelty of Repug s obeying their billionaire johns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trumpcare simply refuses to die — and so does the self-destructive ignorance of Donald Trump’s supporters

At this point, Trump loyalists are like fans of a bad football team, except dumber: They want a win at any cost

too many Americans continue to remain loyal to President Donald Trump and his team of Russian assets and infighting goons.

This toxic dynamic has careened beyond normal party identification to a degree of unwavering loyalty they’d otherwise reserve for their favorite sports teams.

In this case, no matter how ridiculous Trump gets, they’re still there — chanting “lock her up” while dressed in Trump swag festooned with “Make America Great Again” logos.

Trump superfans are legion, and

they’re utterly blind to their guy’s incompetence and childishness,

as evidenced by the reality that 96 percent of them reportedly don’t regret their vote, even after a bottomless well of unforgivable gaffes and international blunders.

polling shows that GOP voters have entirely changed their views on key issues based on whether the president involved was named Obama or Trump.

On the U.S. cruise missile strike against Syria last month, for example, 86 percent of Republicans supported the attack under Trump, while only 22 percent of Republicans supported doing so under Obama.

Republican voters simply don’t understand, nor do they want to understand, how

their Brand Trump fandom could be extraordinarily bad for their bank accounts and, more specifically, their personal survival.

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/04/trum...ps-supporters/

iow, 40% Trash approval is hilariously high.

Today, Trash turns Christian Taliban churches into Bible-humping Repug Super PACs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How O’Care Repeal’s Weakening Of Protections Could Affect Employer Plans

the version of the Obamacare repeal plan that House Republicans intend to vote on Thursday could have major implications on employer plans and may even make consumers in the large group market vulnerable to a weakening of the current law’s consumer protections

by allowing some states to opt out of certain ACA insurer mandates, the GOP bill would put cracks in the floor of protections for everyone, including those on large employer plans.

The Affordable Care Act also places a prohibition on lifetime and annual coverage caps, which eliminated limits on medical costs that some insurers imposed under their pre-ACA plans. That ban on lifetime and annual caps applies not just to individual and small group plans, but to large group employer plans, too. The caps are currently constricted, by law, to apply to Essential Health Benefits. So in theory insurers could cap coverage that is not among the 10 broad mandated areas.
    Under the Republican health bill, however, that federal minimum would no longer exist if some states chose to waive it.
    “A plan can impose an annual or lifetime limit with regards to maternity coverage, once maternity overage was no longer within the definition of EHBs,”

if even if just one state starts scaling back its definition of essential health benefits, large employer plans everywhere can then introduce lifetime and annual caps to the coverage areas that no longer would be considered essential health benefits.

Putting large group plans everywhere at risk, according to Fielder, is Obama-era guidance that said that large employer plans could use the details of Essential Health Benefits set by any state to be in compliance with its annual and lifetime limit bans, not merely the state the plan was being offered in.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/obam...0%28TPMNews%29

I assume all these "potential" loopholes will ACTUALLY be driven through in BigCorp/Capitalism's War on Employees.

Those loopholes didn't appear accidentally, they were written by BigInsurance lobbyists, ALEC, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get insurance through work? GOP plan would let employers deny coverage for maternity and other care

“It’s huge,” Andy Slavitt, former acting administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services under President Barack Obama, told the Journal.

“They’re creating a backdoor way to gut employer plans, too.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/get-insurance-through-work-gop-plan-would-let-employers-deny-coverage-for-maternity-and-other-care/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-04-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the new proposed bill would allow insurance companies to treat

sexual assault,

domestic violence,

C-sections and,

postpartum depression

as pre-existing conditions.

https://www.change.org/p/remove-health-care-subsidies-for-members-of-congress-and-their-families/u/20183702?utm_medium=email&utm_source=66825&utm_cam paign=pe ion_update&sfmc_tk=JuoKo1FI59NbJD%2fKyz SuEkAZLOrWEP4ifhO6r7Sj7pWiiQ0KNC0iYkpuvkeA%2bL8o

Repug misogyny Without Limits.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Repugs making huge cuts for special ed, since kids, families with bad breaks are expendable
    Don't worry, rich people's health care will trickle down to them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP’s strange, ugly strategy of rushing today’s vote will backfire. Here’s how.

They are doing this

without seeing a nonpartisan analysis of their new bill from the Congressional Budget Office

— which will, conveniently, allow them to conceal the full truth of what they are voting for from their cons uents.

But this is likely to backfire.

Here’s why: The Congressional Budget Office score of the bill is coming, anyway

— as soon as next week. And it will land after an untold number of House Republicans have committed themselves to the bill.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...t-draw7&wpmm=1

Repugs will Trash the CBO report as fake news, as rotten with Obama people, etc, etc, and the Repug voters will believe them, because You People are ing stupid.

Thread Information