Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol a 44 seat majority and can't pass a bill they've been campaigning on for 7+ years. What a ing clown show.

My guess is they somehow ram it through the house, probably by catering to the "Freedm" caucus (seriously, wtf kind of name is that?) by removing the essential benefits provision. From there it will either die in the Senate or the parliamentarian will rule it can't go through reconciliation as-is.
    is it really worse than the "justice democrats"

thats slowly becoming a thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has to get three no votes from GOP senators to die in the senate. Which three are voting against the repeal?
    Three of so-called "moderates" who don't want to get rid of the Medicaid expansions in their states. Pick any from Collins, Murkowski, Flake, er, Gardner, Portman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is it really worse than the "justice democrats"

thats slowly becoming a thing
    huh? I don't know of a group of legislators calling themselves by that name. Maybe I missed something.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That POS was voting for it anyway, no?
    No he changed his mind after meeting with Trump. Trump said he supported the bill "1000%" and representatives who didn't support it risk losing their seat in 2018.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs 20+ seats short of passing TrashRyanCare.

Trash is a LOSER.

If TrashRyanCare were to pass, 10Ms of Americans would literally be "sick of Trash winning"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House GOP leaders agree to gut essential health benefits, begin hemorrhaging moderate votes

A short-sighted attempt to appease conservatives could easily backfire.

Ahead of the vote on Thursday, GOP leaders said the Senate would gut Obamacare’s Essential Health Benefits rule after the House passes the American Health Care Act.

Organizations representing 400,000 doctors wrote a letter to Congressional leaders earlier this year asking them to keep these requirements in a replacement of Obamacare.

Deputy House Whip Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) told Talking Points Memo that

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) assured him that he would amend the bill to gut the essential health benefits requirement when it came to the Senate.

https://thinkprogress.org/republican...0c6#.ppaofsx7y

The Freedom Kockus wants to stop BigInsurance from covering pre-existing conditions.

Let them die in family bankruptcy. Repug s must cut taxes for their 1%/BigCorp johns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons, those so called 10 essential benefits are a big part of why premiums are so high - do you need maternity benefits or pediatric dental and vision? Let people buy whatever health insurance they want - if you want a catastrophic policy, fine. If you want a full-blown, top-of-the-line policy, you pay for it. Just like everything else that we buy. If I want a flip phone with basic features, I am allowed to get that and pay accordingly. If you want an iPhone 7? with all its features, fine - you pay for it. Whatever happened to us having the freedom to buy what WE want/need and not having it mandated by the government which essential benefits (some of which we cannot even use) we must have and thereby driving up the prices for all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " those so called 10 essential benefits are a big part of why premiums are so high"

proof? no, you have nothing but blind stupid-making ideology

My guess, no better than your blind ideology, is that covering pre-existing EXPENSIVE conditions was the biggest wallop for insurers.

=========

btw ...

Gripes About Obamacare Aside, Health Insurers Are in a Profit Spiral

Obamacare hasn’t been a curse for the managed care companies. Over all, based on their share performance, it has been something of a blessing.

Since March 2010, when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law, the managed care companies within the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index —

UnitedHealth, Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Humana and Centene —

have risen far more than the overall stock index.

This is no small matter: The stock market soared during that period.

The numbers are astonishing.

The Standard & Poor’s stock index returned 135.6 percent in those seven years through Thursday, a performance that we may not see again in our lifetimes.

But the managed care stocks, as a whole, have gained nearly 300 percent including dividends, according to calculations by Bespoke Investment Group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/18/b...B&gwt=pay&_r=0
    BUSINESS DAY

and TrashRyanCare DOES NOTHING to reduce costs, only shifts the burden away from govt onto citizens, putting health care way beyond their means.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-23-2017 at 02:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told y'all a week ago the freedom caucus dudes would blow the deal up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told y'all a week ago the freedom caucus dudes would blow the deal up.
    You think Trumpcare isn't getting out of the house?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " those so called 10 essential benefits are a big part of why premiums are so high"

proof? no, you have nothing but blind stupid-making ideology

My guess, no better than your blind ideology, is that covering pre-existing EXPENSIVE conditions was the biggest wallop for insurers.

=========

btw ...

Gripes About Obamacare Aside, Health Insurers Are in a Profit Spiral

Obamacare hasn’t been a curse for the managed care companies. Over all, based on their share performance, it has been something of a blessing.

Since March 2010, when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law, the managed care companies within the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index —

UnitedHealth, Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Humana and Centene —

have risen far more than the overall stock index.

This is no small matter: The stock market soared during that period.

The numbers are astonishing.

The Standard & Poor’s stock index returned 135.6 percent in those seven years through Thursday, a performance that we may not see again in our lifetimes.

But the managed care stocks, as a whole, have gained nearly 300 percent including dividends, according to calculations by Bespoke Investment Group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/18/b...B&gwt=pay&_r=0
    BUSINESS DAY

and TrashRyanCare DOES NOTHING to reduce costs, only shifts the burden away from govt onto citizens, putting health care way beyond their means.
    bou, if this GOP proposal includes no penalty for not covering the 10 essential benefits, then insurance companies can sell any kind of insurance policy - from only catastrophic, to skinny, to full-blown coverage. They can price them accordingly so that will bring down costs. Most young and healthy people can get by with catastrophic coverage and pay for annual/routine procedures (this is where I think the most savings can be had as you can comparison shop for these). Remember only a small percentage of the population uses the majority of the care - iirc, these will be helped by block grants to states.

Who in the world do you think funds the government? The point is we aren't forced to pay for benefits we don't want or need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Ryan is nervous as . He's cancelled his press briefing for a third time now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They can price them accordingly so that will bring down costs."

The cost of TY insurance, yes, but not the cost of health care.

"
    then insurance companies can sell any kind of insurance policy "

yep, they will create TY policies, total scams, just like before ACA, which will impoverish if not bankrupt people when they need care.

goddamn, you're stupid, AND full of

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vote postponed.

lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They scrapped the vote tonight.

They know they ain't got .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i sure am tired of all this winning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ultimate deal maker failed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 7+ years, a 40+ vote margin, and still can't pass their stupid bill with a simple majority

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Vote postponed.

lol
    They are making progress. But yeah way too optimistic about finishing negotiations with the house this soon. But this will be an awesome plan when it is finished!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    passed 60+ bull votes of repeal in the House for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the freedom caucus is thinking the republicans can get to the 60 seat threshold in the senate after the 2018 midterms and they're gunning for a full repeal in January 2019. It seems like a really dangerous strategy. Though the senate map looks incredibly tough for the democrats in 2018, with er the only GOP seat up for re-election in a currently compe ive state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lunatic caucus won't even accept the removal of essential coverage, they want to remove the pre-existing conditions as well

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...120_story.html

Earlier Thursday, conservative House Republicans had rebuffed an offer by Trump on Thursday to strip a key set of mandates from the nation’s current health-care law, raising doubts about whether House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) had the votes.

As of midafternoon Thursday, 37 House Republicans — mainly Freedom Caucus members — had announced their opposition to the bill, known as the American Health Care Act.

But with failure not a viable option, Ryan and Trump have been working furiously to win over the large voting bloc of conservatives who control the House bill’s fate. Conservative lawmakers have asked to eliminate much of the measure’s le I, which not only mandates which benefits participating insurers must cover — such as mental health treatment, wellness visits, and maternity and newborn care — but also bars companies from setting insurance rates based on a person’s sex, medical condition, genetic condition or other factors.
    their cons uents are going to love this

ing sadists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are making progress. But yeah way too optimistic about finishing negotiations with the house this soon. But this will be an awesome plan when it is finished!
    They can't pass anything that can make it through the senate.

It's OVER. DONE. FINISHED. We beat you! We did it!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't pass anything that can make it through the senate.

It's OVER. DONE. FINISHED. We beat you! We did it!!!
    It's not finished. You really think the GOP is going to give up on ACA repeal after 8 years of whining?

Thread Information