Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See which states would be hit hardest by the Senate’s Obamacare repeal bill

West Virginia would see its uninsured rate more than quadruple by 2022.

In Kentucky and Arkansas the uninsured rate would more than triple.

All three states strongly supported Donald Trump in the presidential election.

Rust Belt states, such as Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan, would also see large increases in the uninsured rate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...t-draw7&wpmm=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have an employer health plan? You too could lose it under Trumpcare

Do you have health insurance from your employer and think that means you're out of danger from Trumpcare? Not so fast. The Congressional Budget Office had bad news for just about everyone in its score, and that includes 4 million people with employer-based insurance.

The nonpartisan budget analyst attributed the drop to the GOP's plan to repeal ObamaCare's two central mandates:

the requirement to have health insurance and the requirement that most large employers provide it.

"Under current law, the prospect of paying the employer mandate penalty tips the scale for some businesses and causes them to decide to offer health insurance to their employees.

Thus, eliminating that penalty would cause some employers to not offer health insurance," the CBO wrote.

"Similarly, the demand for insurance among employees is greater under current law because some employees want employment-based coverage so that they can avoid paying the individual mandate penalty.

Eliminating that penalty would reduce such demand and would cause some employers to not offer coverage or some employees to not enroll in coverage they were offered."

There are other problems for people with employer-based insurance because repealing the Affordable Care Act means getting rid of protections that everyone on private insurance enjoys.

Like having preventive care covered without an additional co-pay.

Or knowing that you couldn't be charged exorbitant premiums and copays for the treatments your pre-existing condition requires.

Or knowing that if you or someone in your family is struck with a debilitating disease, you won't be facing any caps on what your insurance will pay to keep you healthy.

Or alive.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new poll shows the health care bill could crush Senate Republicans

The poll numbers for Senate Republican candidates take an approximately 30-point hit when voters learn they’re supporting their party’s bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, according to a poll set to be released on Friday.

The poll found that, in a vacuum, voters in 10 battleground states are split almost evenly about Republican senate candidates — with 21 percent of voters viewing them favorably and 20 percent viewing them unfavorably.

But when told their Republican senate candidates supported the GOP’s health care bill, voters turned sharply against their representatives. In that case,

the candidates’ unfavorability rating jumps from 21 percent to 52 percent

, according to the new polling from Priorities USA and Senate Majority PAC.

The numbers are even more dramatic when the polling is mixed in with attacks on the GOP health bill. “After hearing criticisms of the Republican plan, voters in these Senate battlegrounds

went from leaning toward voting the Democrat in 2018 by a healthy 48-38 margin, to leaning toward the Democrat by an even more robust 56-35 margin — an 11-point jump,”

the poll stated.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...itics-midterms

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-30-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then, you ought to be cheering real hard for it to pass so the Dems can wipe out the Repubs and put in your desired single payer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Health Department Just Admitted That Obamacare Is “Working As Intended”

Last week, President Trump said: “ObamaCare is dying. It’s essentially dead.”

However, a report from within Trump’s own Department of Health & Human Resources appears to give the lie to the President’s oft-repeated claims, and the Republican’s main reason for repealing and replacing the national health care program ins uted in 2009 by President Obama.

It “seems to contradict claims that the individual health insurance market is collapsing,” write Timothy Jost, co-author of the widely used textbook Health Law, and a recognized expert on ObamaCare, writing on the Health Affairs blog.

Through 2016, it reports, the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare) is

“working as intended in compensating plans that enrolled high-risk individuals, thereby protecting issuers (insurance companies) against adverse selection within a market within a state and supporting them in offering products that serve all types of consumers.”

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...king-intended/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican Party Asked For Obamacare Horror Stories And It Just Backfired In The Best Way

( lots of SUCCESS stories for Obamacare! )

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...ired-best-way/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One patient at the Mountain Valleys clinic in Bieber, Kay Roope, 64, knew she had Medi-Cal, and she liked it.

"It did me good," she says.

Now she has a subsidized commercial plan through Covered California with modest premiums and copays, and she likes that, too.

"It's OK, 'cause I'm at the doctor's at least once a month," she says.

But when asked what she thinks of Obamacare overall, she says she doesn't like it.

"Because of Obama himself," she says with a laugh. "I rest my case."

The confusion and the contradictions are common among patients, explains Morris, the enrollment counselor.

"People just don't understand the different names," she says. "But of course, it's the same thing."

Morris has seen the difference the Affordable Care Act has made for people in the region.

She has seen patients get treatment for diabetes and breast cancer, or get knee surgery that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

Those patients won't fight for Obamacare, Morris says, so that's why the clinics have to.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/...tail=emaildkre

rurals, in general, are really stupid, ignorant, poor s, with 10Ms living off handouts from richer, smarter urban taxpayers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell Just Threw In The Towel On Replacing Obamacare

it sure sounds like he was waving a white flag today in a speech before a conservative audience at a Rotary Club in Glasgow, Kentucky.

McConnell began scratching out a position that might help his fellow party members survive in their cushy jobs for a while longer instead of being chewed up and spit out in the November 2018 election.

After years of blasting ObamaCare and calling it “failed” and “dead,” McConnell admitted it may have to be saved to stop the total collapse of the private insurance market – and he could have added, a political disaster for Republicans.

apparently what he is hearing is that
    he is not even close to the 50 votes out of 53 Republicans he needs for passage of TrumpCare.

To significantly alter the bill in the Senate from what the House passed would require at least 60 votes, and McConnell knows he will never get that because Democrats are united in their demand that ObamaCare continues

To significantly alter the bill in the Senate from what the House passed would require at least 60 votes, and McConnell knows he will never get that because Democrats are united in their demand that ObamaCare continues

“No action is not an alternative,”

McConnell said

. “We’ve got the insurance markets imploding all over the country, including in this state.”

a report issued by the Department of Health & Human Services showed that contrary to what McConnell, Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan have been saying,

ObamaCare has been working very well. It has provided stability for insurers and kept costs under control for consumers.

Trump has been starving the insurance risk pools to create a self-fulfilling prophecy that ObamaCare is failing.

Now McConnell says that letting the insurance market collapse is not an option.

He seems to be sending a signal that he will negotiate with Democrats to prop up ObamaCare and keep most Americans insured – despite Trump’s insane ranting and threats.

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...ing-obamacare/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dirty little secret is the real reason why repeal is so hard for Republicans

the GOP debate over repeal has actually revealed that there is a surprising amount of hidden consensus on health care.

In a nuts , what the debate has really shown is that

the passage and implementation of the ACA has given rise to a latent majority in Congress — or at least one in the Senate — that has more or less made peace with the ACA’s spending and regulatory architecture and its fundamental ideological goals, either for political or principled reasons, or for some combination of the two.

The debate has forced this basic reality out into the open. And this, I think, is

one key reason it is proving so hard for the GOP to repeal it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...t-draw7&wpmm=1

Will humanitarianism For The People win out over the oligarchy's / GOP's blind, inhumane, sadistic
    ideology ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons, what ACA has basically done is expanded Medicaid to able-bodied, healthy people. We cannot afford this but the GOP is too gutless/spineless to do what is right for the country and put a stop to this expansion. They need to put work requirements on Medicaid for all able-bodied people. All those so-called jobs that so many think Americans don't want to do should be incorporated into any welfare given out to able-bodied people. I'm happy to pay for the disabled, children, etc who can't fend for themselves but not for the able-bodied. Stop with the illegal immigration and put Americans to work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons, what ACA has basically done is expanded Medicaid to able-bodied, healthy people. We cannot afford this but the GOP is too gutless/spineless to do what is right for the country and put a stop to this expansion. They need to put work requirements on Medicaid for all able-bodied people. All those so-called jobs that so many think Americans don't want to do should be incorporated into any welfare given out to able-bodied people. I'm happy to pay for the disabled, children, etc who can't fend for themselves but not for the able-bodied. Stop with the illegal immigration and put Americans to work.
    goddam you're stupid.

If the Fed/state govt can't afford to pay Medicaid bills, how will Medicaid recipients? they won't, they will suffer and die from Repug DEATH PANELS.

If BigCorp and the 1% paid their fare share of taxes (the wealthy hide up to 30% of their fantastic wealth from the taxman, BigCorp hides $Ts of profits overseas), America could be great country, instead of crumbling, punitive, vindictive, brutalizing, sociopathic country

Most Medicaid recipients are WHITE PEOPLE, and most Medicaid recipients already work.

Even if you did inform yourself, it wouldn't overcome your blind, stupefying ideology.

goddam you're stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goddam you're stupid.

If the Fed/state govt can't afford to pay Medicaid bills, how will Medicaid recipients? they won't, they will suffer and die from Repug DEATH PANELS.

If BigCorp and the 1% paid their fare share of taxes (the wealthy hide up to 30% of their fantastic wealth from the taxman, BigCorp hides $Ts of profits overseas), America could be great country, instead of crumbling, punitive, vindictive, brutalizing, sociopathic country

Most Medicaid recipients are WHITE PEOPLE, and most Medicaid recipients already work.

Even if you did inform yourself, it wouldn't overcome your blind, stupefying ideology.

goddam you're stupid.
    I don't recall millions of people dying on the streets before ACA was implemented. And what difference do you think saying that most Medicaid people are WHITE makes to me? I should be calling you out as racist for that comment.

Anyway, gonna see Paul McCartney tonight - my last chance before he dies off like so many of these singers - up there in age.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I don't recall millions of people dying on the streets before ACA was implemented. And what difference do you think saying that most Medicaid people are WHITE makes to me? I should be calling you out as racist for that comment.

Anyway, gonna see Paul McCartney tonight - my last chance before he dies off like so many of these singers - up there in age.
    That should be a good show. I saw him at Desert Trip last year and he was excellent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "millions of people dying on the streets before ACA" you said that red herring, I didn't

most of you rightwingnut ideologues, and esp the wealthy assholes, are actually racists who don't want to pay for Medicaid because it helps black people (lazy, cheaters, fraud, refuse to work), but it helps Ms more white people

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L O S E R S !

G.O.P. Support of Senate Health Repeal Erodes During Break

usually reliable Republican senators from red states blanched at its impact on rural communities.

their seven-year promise to dismantle President Barack Obama’s largest policy achievement is deeply imperiled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/07/us/politics/republicans-health-care-bill.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
    L O S E R S !

Trash: "day one!"

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons doing an end zone dance after getting a first down

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aint gonna pass and now McC said Repugs would have to continue to subsidize it to keep it from collapsing.

and no oligarchy tax cut.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aint gonna pass and now McC said Repugs would have to continue to subsidize it to keep it from collapsing.

and no oligarchy tax cut.
    Just like last time in the house?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Comes Up With A New Dumb Plan To Save His Healthcare Bill By Using Fake Numbers

Trump's new dumb idea is to woo Senate Republicans into supporting his bill by using numbers from conservative groups to dispute the CBO finding that 22 million people will lose their coverage under Trumpcar

“When Trump returns from Europe, he plans to counter the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office’s analysis of the legislation — which shows that 22 million fewer people would have insurance coverage by 2026 than under the current law —

with figures and analyses from conservative groups and Republicans that show more benefits and less disruption,

should the bill pass, according to a White House official familiar with the strategy.”

The White House plan assumes that the Republicans who aren’t supporting the bill are as a dumb as their president. Senate Republicans who are opposing the bill aren’t doing on the basis of a CBO score alone.

It doesn’t matter what kind of funny math Trump and his allies come up with, the bill cuts Medicaid and takes coverage away from tens of millions of people.

It is probably not the CBO number that has GOP Senators worried,

but the

dismal approval ratings for this legislation.

Senate Republicans could overlook a lot the bill’s problems, but the fact that

it is nearly universally despised is tough to get around.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/07/08/trump-dumb-plan-save-healthcare-bill-fake-numbers.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed &utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Polit icus+USA+%29

Trash and Repugs continue to be reliable
    Decepticons trying to force through the huge tax cut for their oligarchy johns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Obamacare’s Loudest Critics Aren’t as Loud Anymore

Members of Congress returning home for the July 4 recess last week were met with rallies, sit-ins and Independence Day demonstrators, as activists on the left intensified their push to defeat Republican legislation to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

The groups on the right that once fueled the party’s anti-Obamacare fervor might as well have been on vacation.

“Not too many are focused on health care currently,”

Instead of health care, he said, the organization’s state chapters were holding town hall-style meetings about veterans’ concerns during recess week.

Two other major groups, FreedomWorks and the Tea Party Patriots, said they were planning rallies in August and September that would push for an overhaul of the tax code; Americans for Prosperity was already running ads toward that.

The shift in priorities is remarkable.

Since the summer of 2009, when Tea Party activists angrily confronted Democrats who were drafting the Affordable Care Act, the Republican Party has been driven and defined by outrage over it. But now, with the Republican health care legislation hanging in the balance,

President Trump and congressional leaders are getting little support from what were once the loudest anti-Obamacare voices.

The lack of grass-roots enthusiasm will make it even harder for the party’s Senate leaders to line up votes for their troubled bill when they return on Monday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/health/why-obamacares-loudest-critics-arent-as-loud-anymore.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Trash/Repugs ED themselves into LOSERS

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L O S E R S !

G.O.P. Support of Senate Health Repeal Erodes During Break

usually reliable Republican senators from red states blanched at its impact on rural communities.

their seven-year promise to dismantle President Barack Obama’s largest policy achievement is deeply imperiled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/07/us/politics/republicans-health-care-bill.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
    L O S E R S !

Trash: "day one!"

Have a beer.
    Smoke a pipe with sweet hickory tabacky.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican lawmakers move to cash in on healthcare repeal by buying up stock in insurance companies

Who knew kicking 22 million people out of their health insurance could be so lucrative?

Just as the Republican bill to slash much of the Affordable Care Act moved forward, Rep. Mike Conaway, a Texas Republican and member of Speaker Paul Ryan’s leadership team, added a health insurance company to his portfolio.
    An account owned by Conaway’s wife made

two purchases of UnitedHealth stock, worth as much as $30,000, on March 24th, the day the legislation advanced in the House Rules Committee, according to disclosures.

Health care stocks have soared in recent weeks as insurance companies salivate over the prospect of gouging more Americans with inflated premiums and cuts in benefits.

The Republicans have also promised to loosen the regulations that prohibit these same companies from denying coverage to whomever they choose, which promises to bump up the share price of conglomerates like United Health.

Conaway was not the only Republican cashing in on his plans for other people’s sickness and death:

As the health care system overhaul advanced last month on the other side of Capitol Hill, Republican

Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma purchased between $50,000 to $100,000 in UnitedHealth stock.

The stink of corruption has apparently become so normalized in Republican ranks that they’ve become completely desensitized to it. In Conaway’s case, however, enriching himself with insider information had already passed his personal smell test:

Conaway, who serves as a GOP deputy whip in the House, has a long record of investing in firms that coincide with his official duties.

Politico reported that

Conaway’s wife purchased stock in a nuclear firm just after Conaway sponsored a bill to deal with nuclear waste storage in his district. The firm stood to directly benefit from the legislation.

In 2012 Congress made a big show of passing something called the

STOCK act in an apparent attempt to curb insider trading among lawmakers and their staff. The bill was subsequently watered down and partially repealed, specifically those provisions which would have made congresspersons’ stock transactions accessible to the public. And when the Securities & Exchange Commission moved forward

with its first investigation of alleged violations of the act, the Republican-led Congress filed a brief with the SEC claiming the act could not be applied.

It’s worth noting that, for the ordinary investor, it’s rarely wise to buy and sell individual stocks — as opposed to investing in mutual funds — unless one has access to special information. And given that the mere appearance of corruption has a corrosive effect on our republic, it’s difficult to understand why members of Congress don’t restrict their investments to such instruments.

But then, the Trump-era Republican Party has grown quite comfortable with complicity in manifest corruption — let alone with giving the appearance of it.

With the entire executive branch awash in graft from the top down, it’s simply become ridiculously easy for members of Congress like Conaway to blend in with their own petty corruptions, without being noticed.

And as for the “corrosive effect on our Republic,” well, that ship sailed last November.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/...28Daily+Kos%29

The corruption IS UnPresidented

"public service" is now, has been a long time "self service, oligarchy service"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol a 44 seat majority and can't pass a bill they've been campaigning on for 7+ years. What a ing clown show.

My guess is they somehow ram it through the house, probably by catering to the "Freedm" caucus (seriously, wtf kind of name is that?) by removing the essential benefits provision. From there it will either die in the Senate or the parliamentarian will rule it can't go through reconciliation as-is.
    It has to get three no votes from GOP senators to die in the senate. Which three are voting against the repeal?
    Three of so-called "moderates" who don't want to get rid of the Medicaid expansions in their states. Pick any from Collins, Murkowski, Flake, er, Gardner, Portman
    I'll stick with my original prediction... Already got the House side nailed...

Thread Information