Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, he's done his dealing - if the Freedom Caucas won't move - Obamacare care continues - more and more ins cos will pull out. What other choice does he have than to let Obamacare implode on its own. How can he own Obamacare when they don't pass any legislature touching it?
    i posted insurers are doing great, their stocks, too. they pulled out of exchanges for political reasons not financial

Trash's man Price can and will do enormous damage to ACA and to anything Repugs pass

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can he own Obamacare when they don't pass any legislature touching it?
    Who knew Government could be so complicated?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obamacare was better than what we had before. Fact.

But Obamacare is not perfect. It just needs a few teaks to make it work. The republicans can do that but won't because they want full repeal without having an actual plan. That's why they're in this mess.
    Before I had the same plan I have now for $315/month instead of $660/month. If I lose this grandfathered plan my only choice is an ACA approved HMO plan that none of my doctors take for $1947/month for comparable coverage.

Tell me how how this is better?

But Obamacare is not perfect. It just needs a few teaks to make it work. The republicans can do that but won't because they want full repeal without having an actual plan. That's why they're in this mess.

What tweaks? Democrats keep saying it needs to be fixed but don't give any solutions. Remember when Obama said "I gave you a starter home, of course it's a piece of ."

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, he's done his dealing - if the Freedom Caucas won't move - Obamacare care continues - more and more ins cos will pull out. What other choice does he have than to let Obamacare implode on its own. How can he own Obamacare when they don't pass any legislature touching it?
    Another promise made and Fd up.
    Get the party in line.

You own practically all branches with SC the next.
    Get it done. You are a deal maker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before I had the same plan I have now for $315/month instead of $660/month. If I lose this grandfathered plan my only choice is an ACA approved HMO plan that none of my doctors take for $1947/month for comparable coverage.

Tell me how how this is better?

What tweaks? Democrats keep saying it needs to be fixed but don't give any solutions. Remember when Obama said "I gave you a starter home, of course it's a piece of ."
    I'm telling you that's the part that needs fixing. The prices are out of control.

Whatever you may think of it, it is far far better than the Republican propposed plan which would not only kick out millions of people who wouldn't be able to afford it, it will penalized the old folks even harsher.

The democrats aren't in a position where they can propose or give ideas. That's up to the republicans now. But nope, they want to start from 0 like that ever works.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My question implies something does get through Congress. Which also implies we have a viable, working Legislative branch. But still, how is it up to Trump, ultimately, to "move on" from Health Care?
    You're asking about something that will never happen. We are supposed to speculate what would happen if this plan fails, Trump/Ryan/McConnell move onto tax reform and then the Freedom Caucus/Rand Paul/Cruz wing magically get a bill to his desk. I don't know how to answer that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The White House is starting the blame game. Just saw on CNN how they are saying they didn't like how Paul handled the healthcare plan issue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you that's the part that needs fixing. The prices are out of control.

Whatever you may think of it, it is far far better than the Republican propposed plan which would not only kick out millions of people who wouldn't be able to afford it, it will penalized the old folks even harsher.

The democrats aren't in a position where they can propose or give ideas. That's up to the republicans now. But nope, they want to start from 0 like that ever works.
    There is nothing stopping them from proposing their ideas except that they have no idea how to fix it. It's pretty simple, you have a market based healthcare system where the market rations healthcare or you move to a government run system where the govt rations healthcare. This promise everyone cadillac coverage for one low low price is never going to work.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're asking about something that will never happen. We are supposed to speculate what would happen if this plan fails, Trump/Ryan/McConnell move onto tax reform and then the Freedom Caucus/Rand Paul/Cruz wing magically get a bill to his desk. I don't know how to answer that.
    Ryan and McConnell are not obligated to move on to tax reform. No one in Congress is required to move on from HC reform just because the President is tired of talking about it after a week.

It's not a question of likelihood, it's procedure. There have been 7+ years of hyperventilating and screeching over the ACA, Republicans can't just throw their hands up and stick with it after working on a replacement plan for less than a few days without coming across even more spineless than they already appear.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he said everyone would be ensured with his plan. And since he's not into fixing what's wrong with Obama with the high costs, it becomes his problem.

Not only won't he come up with his own healthcare plan but he's threatening to let Obama just go into inflation mode and screw everyone on it. That would be 100% on him.
    There is no way it's on him unless he actively does something to undermine it, such as zeroing out the penalty for not having insurance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way it's on him unless he actively does something to undermine it, such as zeroing out the penalty for not having insurance.
    It's on them on default alone. They're the ones in power right now. If they let it get worst, then yeah. You cant tell me they're scottfree on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple, you have a market based healthcare system where the market rations healthcare or you move to a government run system where the govt rations healthcare. This promise everyone cadillac coverage for one low low price is never going to work.
    this is a wildly uninformed and, quite frankly stupid, binary proposition you're proposing here. There are plenty of examples of hybrid solutions out there. And the only one promising Cadillac coverage for one low price was the ineffectual windbag you voted for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New CBO is out for the revised version is out.

Guess what?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/23/news...ill/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he was a deal maker?
    That's just what I thought. He campaigned on having this grand plan that was going to be soooo much better than Obamacare that everyone would love it. Turns out no one like this pile of garbage and he is already pointing fingers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just what I thought. He campaigned on having this grand plan that was going to be soooo much better than Obamacare that everyone would love it. Turns out no one like this pile of garbage and he is already pointing fingers.
    Trump had nada. He can't even talk particulars, only politics. There are Congressmen who know this plan and Trump says vote for it or it will make us all look bad. That's not a solution. Can't bother with details, just pass the damn thing...

charlatan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obamacare was better than what we had before. Fact.

There are no few tweaks that will make ACA work. The whole premise of full-blown (10 essential benefits) coverage without any cost control while promising to keep your plan, your doctor, getting back $2500 and letting people move in and out of coverage as they please (imagine I could have my utilities turned off and get a legit reason to not carry insurance) has got to be the most stupid law ever. We have spent a lot of money on this website that still don't fully work, on ads, upended our entire health care system when it would have been cheaper to just give the people who didn't have it for free. But this has never been about health care but control - us being forced to buy mandated health insurance (or pay a fine) and government taking over 1/5 of our economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are no few tweaks that will make ACA work. The whole premise of full-blown (10 essential benefits) coverage without any cost control while promising to keep your plan, your doctor, getting back $2500 and letting people move in and out of coverage as they please (imagine I could have my utilities turned off and get a legit reason to not carry insurance) has got to be the most stupid law ever. We have spent a lot of money on this website that still don't fully work, on ads, upended our entire health care system when it would have been cheaper to just give the people who didn't have it for free. But this has never been about health care but control - us being forced to buy mandated health insurance (or pay a fine) and government taking over 1/5 of our economy.
    So where is the fantastic replacement plan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So where is the fantastic replacement plan?
    What about introducing a public insurance option that would compete with private insurance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about introducing a public insurance option that would compete with private insurance?
    Is that Donald's? He supposedly had the tremendous plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that Donald's? He supposedly had the tremendous plan.
    It was probably his idea, he just hasn't thought of it yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was probably his idea, he just hasn't thought of it yet.
    If that would WIN, Donald would claim it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was the cost control in the ACA. Thank you Lieberman and Nelson for killing it and Ted Kennedy for dying the second he could have done something useful for the first time, forcing the house to pass the crappy senate bill right away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was the cost control in the ACA. Thank you Lieberman and Nelson for killing it and Ted Kennedy for dying the second he could have done something useful for the first time, forcing the house to pass the crappy senate bill right away.
    . I thought that was my idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bill has a preexisting condition, everybody hates it.

-Colbert

This about sums up all of the attempts it seems.
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-24-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole premise of full-blown (10 essential benefits) coverage
    Some change in that will be in the bill tomorrow

Here are the changes to the bill that will be a part of the AHCA tomorrow morning:

Page 1. The first two amendments delay repeal of the Additional Medicare Tax Increase to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2022, and make a conforming change to the underlying text.

Page 1-3. Adds maternity coverage and newborn care to the use of funds for the Patient and State Stability Fund. Provides clarification that mental health and substance use disorder services within the fund includes inpatient and outpatient clinical care for treatment of addiction and mental illness; and early identification and intervention for children and young adults with serious mental illness.

Appropriates an additional $15 billion to the Patient and State Stability Fund solely devoted to States for maternity coverage and newborn care, and mental health and substance use disorders.

Page 3. This addition requires states to determine essential health benefits, beginning in 2018, for purposes of the premium tax credit.

Thread Information