Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1526
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about that guy in the video whose job it is to watch the robot flip burgers. Must spend probably 99% of his day considering the viability of suicide

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $15 minimum wage is ing re ed. That's why I can't stand Bernie and the rest of the Bernie Bros tbh. Would rather just have a standard Democrat like Biden who wouldn't go crazy left wing
    $15 minimum wage is the stupidest ing thing I have heard the last few years. It needs to come up some but god, more than doubling it? At least not as stupid as when boutons was trying to argue for like a $23/hr minimum wage months ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons was trying to argue for like a $23/hr minimum wage months ago.
    You Lie

$25 by 2025, indexed to inflation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $15 minimum wage is the stupidest ing thing I have heard the last few years. It needs to come up some but god, more than doubling it? At least not as stupid as when boutons was trying to argue for like a $23/hr minimum wage months ago.
    25 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Lie

You lie. I remember you wanting that enacted by around 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Lie

So $25 an hour *2080 (40*52) = $52k a year to bus tables or flip burgers seems plausible

'll be like the Jetsons..robots everywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $52k a year to flip burgers

Flap your moonbat wings and promptly fly the outta here with that boo lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So $25 an hour *2080 (40*52) = $52k a year to bus tables or flip burgers seems plausible

'll be like the Jetsons..robots everywhere
    Muh free college was the most annoying thing about Bernie's campaign. Even worse when Clinton started repeating it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $15/hour federal minimum wage is such elitist coastal lunacy and really bolsters the feeling that liberals don't know anything about rural America. Every city with a population under 100K would completely crumble under that plan. There have to be regional considerations to what a fair living wage amounts to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $15/hour federal minimum wage is such elitist coastal lunacy and really bolsters the feeling that liberals don't know anything about rural America. Every city with a population under 100K would completely crumble under that plan. There have to be regional considerations to what a fair living wage amounts to.
    Yep. Same issue with state wide min wages. Regional differences are lost

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muh free college was the most annoying thing about Bernie's campaign. Even worse when Clinton started repeating it.
    I remember you referred to it as Santa Claus bull at the time which I loved. If I was Biden and I got up on stage with him I would just refer to him as Santa Claus the whole time. Like I would ask the moderator "is Santa Claus done talking yet? Because I want to return to reality"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think it's funny that your argument boils down to since you didn't get it nobody should

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think it's funny that your argument boils down to since you didn't get it nobody should
    Yeah that's it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just call it like I see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just call it like I see it.
    My problem with free college is it would be a ridiculous waste of money since in this country practically everyone short of juvenile criminals can get into a college after high school. It would be throwing good money after lots of bad students; not everyone can be an astronaut. I'd be good with it if it was merit based so that you had to earn your slot in state sponsored higher education. I'd rather put that balance of money wasted on people who'd have no business in college into secondary schools for vocational training to kids not capable of handling a rigorous college prep sequence in high school. Our high schools are great for the top students with really difficult AP and dual credit courses, but it's perverse that the students who aren't college material get nothing useful other than babysitting out of their expensive high school careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My problem with free college is it would be a ridiculous waste of money since in this country practically everyone short of juvenile criminals can get into a college after high school. It would be throwing good money after lots of bad students; not everyone can be an astronaut. I'd be good with it if it was merit based so that you had to earn your slot in state sponsored higher education. I'd rather put that balance of money wasted on people who'd have no business in college into secondary schools for vocational training to kids not capable of handling a rigorous college prep sequence in high school. Our high schools are great for the top students with really difficult AP and dual credit courses, but it's perverse that the students who aren't college material get nothing useful other than babysitting out of their expensive high school careers.
    Who said anything about removing entrance requirements. That being said if the dumb and uneducated want to better themselves at vocational schools or community colleges that is a benefit to society as well. I don't see why that should be excluded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $15 minimum wage is ing re ed. That's why I can't stand Bernie and the rest of the Bernie Bros tbh. Would rather just have a standard Democrat like Biden who wouldn't go crazy left wing
    Democrats have been pushing for an increase in the minimum wage for decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mostly agree.

College should cost less, though, because the debt required to get through college is crippling a lot of people's ability to save.

We should do both.

Germany's Mittelstand (small businesses) offer a lot of apprenticeships and so forth that make them pretty darn compe ive, although workers and management in that country tend to work together a lot more than in the US. US small manufacturers are saying they can't find people to fill jobs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump steps up attacks on McConnell for failure on health-care reform

President Trump stepped up his criticism of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Thursday for not muscling through a health-care bill, escalating an extraordinary fight with a key leader of his own party.

“Can you believe that Mitch McConnell, who has screamed Repeal & Replace for 7 years, couldn’t get it done,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Must Repeal & Replace ObamaCare!”

Trump’s morning tweet was his second in 24 hours targeting McConnell for remarks the Kentucky Republican made earlier in the week suggesting that Trump’s lack of political experience had led to“excessive expectations” for passing major legislation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit.../2017/08/10/a3
    d49d1e-7dbf-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html?undefined=&utm_term=.67904 fdf6754&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Trash making friends with the Senators who will vote to convict him.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump steps up attacks on McConnell for failure on health-care reform

President Trump stepped up his criticism of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Thursday for not muscling through a health-care bill, escalating an extraordinary fight with a key leader of his own party.

“Can you believe that Mitch McConnell, who has screamed Repeal & Replace for 7 years, couldn’t get it done,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Must Repeal & Replace ObamaCare!”

Trump’s morning tweet was his second in 24 hours targeting McConnell for remarks the Kentucky Republican made earlier in the week suggesting that Trump’s lack of political experience had led to“excessive expectations” for passing major legislation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit.../2017/08/10/a3
    d49d1e-7dbf-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html?undefined=&utm_term=.67904 fdf6754&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Trash making friends with the Senators who will vote to convict him.

Absolutely. Mitch is on the hook for this. 7 years they screamed repeal. But, c'mon, EVERYBODY knows it was for show. But, they never fathomed that Trump would be sitting there instead of Hillary. Now Trump's rump is sitting on Mitch's feet which are stuck in the fire. And you know what else? Trump knows precisely where the bear in the buckwheat. Trump has no truck with Mitch, or, any of those humps. What's more:::Trump knows it. " them." Trump states. "They'd no sooner let me in the front door as the man in the moon."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRASH = LOSER, and SICKO

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    TRASH = LOSER, and SICKO
    He mopped the in' floor with her in' ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. Mitch is on the hook for this. 7 years they screamed repeal. But, c'mon, EVERYBODY knows it was for show.
    Not everybody. GOP rank and file genuinely believed this, because that is what Fox "news" told them to believe.

Once it snowballed, once millions of people suddenly had health insurance, the lies of the right snowballed. They had chosen to die on that hill and rallied the base around them. That base is now uneasy.

I wonder if/when the GOP rank and file will realize how much they were lied to, or if they even can anymore in the fact-free Fox-"news" bubble.

Thread Information