Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1526
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    another public failure for donna

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump cares more about the NFL than this, Puerto Rico, DPRK! Your president!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans Sadly Admit Their Dream of Keeping Poor People from Living Longer Is Over

WASHINGTON —Saddened and more than a little wistful, Senate Republicans acknowledged on Tuesday that their long-standing dream of keeping poor people from living longer was at its end.

Choking back tears, Senator Lindsey Graham admitted that his crusade to halt the longevity of the poor had turned out to be a quixotic one at best.

“We made a solemn promise to the American people that we would do everything in our power to keep the poor from living so darn long,”

he said, his voice quavering.

“We didn’t get it done.”

While saying that he did not want to “play the blame game,” Graham could not resist pointing fingers at senators who broke ranks with the G.O.P. leadership over its quest to stall the poor’s unacceptably surging life expectancy.

“I always thought that preventing the poor from living longer was a bedrock Republican principle,” he said bitterly. “I guess I was wrong.”

On the House side, Speaker Paul Ryan urged Graham not to wallow in defeat but to move on to other Republican agenda items, like tax reform.

“We may not be able to keep the poor from living longer, but we can still make them poorer,” he said.
    https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-sadly-admit-their-dream-of-keeping-poor-people-from-living-longer-is-over

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Honest to God boots, I would think you were getting paid 3500 dollars to show up. And hopefully no one will understand this but you.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-27-2017 at 07:05 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This last minute deal to fix something so complex and important was going to take another L so they dropped it. If Texas had got a block grant on health care they would have used it for roads. Does anyone still play the lottery?

Now Trump gets a chance to attack his own party again. Call them inept. He wants no business with something that, who would have guessed, is so complex. Meanwhile we get notices on what to expect with our current health care, costs rising significantly, because the path to the future is so muddy. Stabilizing the insurance markets... No way. Let em run free market. No problem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Pilloried On Twitter For Lying 'We Have The Votes In The Senate' On Graham-Cassidy

Christina Wilkie
    @christinawilkie

Trump just said 6 times that Graham-Cassidy failed because “there was a senator in the hospital.”
    There are no senators in the hospital.

12:59 PM - Sep 27, 2017

Randi Mayem Singer
    @rmayemsinger

Trump on Graham Cassidy just ow: "We have the votes." Which every senator knows is not true. Please, someone call "A Place For Mom."
    2:41 PM - Sep 27, 2017

Alana Miller @alanagmiller

"We don't have the votes," Graham-Cassidy sponsor Sen. Cassidy said Tuesday.

"We have the votes," Pres. Trump said today.

2:51 PM - Sep 27, 2017

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/27/1702276/-Trump-Pilloried-On-Twitter-For-Lying-We-Have-The-Votes-In-The-Senate-On-Graham-Cassidy?detail=emaildkreChristina Wilkie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schumer: We're 'On the Verge' of Bipartisan Deal to Stabilize Obamacare

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    no repeal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Scalise was in hospital no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    replublicans may repeal later
    it needs to be fixed !

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thats not what i heard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Senators close to bipartisan deal on health exchanges: Schumer

Two U.S. senators from both parties are close to finalizing a bipartisan deal

to shore up the health insurance exchanges created under Obamacare

The move, which Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said was “on the verge” of completion, would

stabilize the market for individuals who buy their own insurance plans on the federal or state-based exchanges.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...litics+News%29

Repugs!

Trash!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Steve Scalise was in hospital no?
    What difference does that make?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump cares more about the NFL than this, Puerto Rico, DPRK! Your president!
    takes him 2 minutes or less to post 140 characters
    he only sleeps 3 hours a day

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    takes him 2 minutes or less to post 140 characters
    he only sleeps 3 hours a day
    How long after the hurricane hit did it take him to realize he should suspend the Jones Act for Puerto Rico?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What difference does that make?
    ducks is so s he thucks SKKKalise is a Senator.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump finds a yet another way to sabotage Obamacare

Speaking to reporters Wednesday, Trump said he’s planning to issue

"an executive order on associations"―a reference, most likely, to so-called association health plans, through which small businesses and in some cases individuals buy health insurance as a group.

It’s possible that the federal government could allow some people to get cheaper, less generous coverage through these associations ―

but only by taking healthy, working-age people out of the rest of the insurance market, destabilizing it and leading to higher costs for others.

[…]
    Association health plans have been around for a long time, offering coverage to small businesses and individuals through trade organizations.

Prior to the ACA’s enactment, they were subject only to state regulation, which meant their benefits and availability varied enormously.

The 2010 health care law lays down new rules for insurance companies selling to individuals and to small businesses ― like charging all consumers the same premiums, regardless of pre-existing conditions, and requiring that all plans include a set of essential benefits.

President Barack Obama’s administration, through official “guidance,” made clear that all the new rules apply to the association health plans as well.

But the statute itself doesn’t state that explicitly, and the Department of Health and Human Services could attempt to reverse the Obama-era guidance, legal scholars told HuffPost on Wednesday ― in effect, exempting association health plans from some of the new rules.

The National Federation of Independent Businesses,

a conservative organization that has been among Obamacare’s most relentless critics, has urged the administration to take precisely this step.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tage-Obamacare

Trash/Price intentionally going to hurt people. WTF is wrong with this pricks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug War on Poor People

CHIP’s budget lapsed 23 days ago. Congress has done nothing.

Giving health insurance to low-income children is not controversial.

The program has never courted the same controversy that the Affordable Care Act has. Instead,

CHIP typically has widespread bipartisan backing among legislators on both sides of the aisle. Bills to expand CHIP typically pass with wide margins.

some of these states are statutorily required to shut down their programs if the federal funding comes to a halt.

the House bill contains controversial offsets that would cut the Affordable Care Act and Medicare.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/23/16526186/chip-budget-lapsed-congress-does-nothing

23 days after CHIP expired, Virginia preparing to tell families their kids will lose health coverage

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1709087

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Sabotage Efforts A Miserable Failure As Obamacare Signups Break Record

In the early going, it appears that Trump's efforts to keep people from getting health insurance are failing – but it still remains to be seen what the long-term effects of his sabotage will be.

On the first day of enrollment alone, Nov. 1, one source close to the process told The Hill that more than 200,000 people selected a plan for 2018, compared with about 100,000 last year.

The surge in signups is good news for anybody who believes more Americans should have access to affordable health insurance,

but it’s not-so-good news for Trump and his Republican allies in Congress,

who have been actively working to undermine the law, particularly in recent months.

From cutting off CSR payments to

reducing the enrollment period to

slashing Obamacare advertising,

the president has left no stone unturned when it comes to undermining a law that millions of Americans rely on.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/11/06/trumps-sabotage-effort-miserable-failure-obamacare-signups-break-record.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politi cus+USA+%29

Killing the CSR is going to force Trash spend $Bs more subsidizing ACA premiums which will rise due to his sadistic actions.

stupid s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet people who didn't (re)sign up last year, because Trash said he was going to kill ACA, missed ALL coverage this year and

"Fool me once, ..." shame on the sadistic fool Trash and his sociopathic Repug assholes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long after the hurricane hit did it take him to realize he should suspend the Jones Act for Puerto Rico?
    About 3 rounds of golf. That is how time is measured now.

http://trumpgolfcount.com/
    $77M spent on his travel for golf so far, on pace to be a cool 1/4 billion or more if he finishes his term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of odds.

Betting sites now put it at more probable than not that Crooked Donny will not finish his term.
    http://www.oddsshark.com/entertainme...-betting-props
    https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/b...als/225147663/

With favored timeline before the end of 2017. (my guess is 2018)

They have been creeping up, as his approval ratings have tanked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug War on Poor People

CHIP’s budget lapsed 23 days ago. Congress has done nothing.

Giving health insurance to low-income children is not controversial.

The program has never courted the same controversy that the Affordable Care Act has. Instead,

CHIP typically has widespread bipartisan backing among legislators on both sides of the aisle. Bills to expand CHIP typically pass with wide margins.

some of these states are statutorily required to shut down their programs if the federal funding comes to a halt.

the House bill contains controversial offsets that would cut the Affordable Care Act and Medicare.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/23/16526186/chip-budget-lapsed-congress-does-nothing

23 days after CHIP expired, Virginia preparing to tell families their kids will lose health coverage

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1709087
    Still nothing. we had a meaningless vote though.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0b0c7fa39c75b

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oligarchy and their Repug s prioritize tax cuts and $Ts for themselves.

Poor kids' health care? G M A F B

Thread Information