Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some change in that will be in the bill tomorrow
    I imagine that will pass then.

EDIT: On second thought, how can they get that into a reconciliation bill? If they're trying to force Trumpcare to be a bill subject to filibuster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine that will pass then.

EDIT: On second thought, how can they get that into a reconciliation bill? If they're trying to force Trumpcare to be a bill subject to filibuster.
    Well that's the problem with the freedom caucus types. They don't want to vote for it unless it has things that guarantee it's failure in the Senate. Funny thing is the reporting is that the Senate doesn't give a what's in it because they are basically going to throw out the house bill and craft their own plan. Just need the house to send them something to get the ball rolling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tactically, I actually like what Trump is doing here. If they want to repeal it so badly, they can come back begging to him while he's working on tax reform.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tactically, I actually like what Trump is doing here. If they want to repeal it so badly, they can come back begging to him while he's working on tax reform.
    Yeah that's why I said at the beginning of this thread that I just hoped Trump forced a vote. These guys can spin all they want but they will have voted to keep Obamacare.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about introducing a public insurance option that would compete with private insurance?
    Or a healthcare fairy...neither party supports that idea either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some change in that will be in the bill tomorrow
    What does that mean about the purposes of the premium tax credit? What's the point of requiring the states to determine essential health benefits - I thought the whole point is that we, the consumer, get to choose what we want/need?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that mean about the purposes of the premium tax credit? What's the point of requiring the states to determine essential health benefits - I thought the whole point is that we, the consumer, get to choose what we want/need?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , did we witness rmt have an ephiphany?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want more than one choice. You know the whole free market solves everything speil is BS right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want more than one choice. You know the whole free market solves everything speil is BS right?
    You had more than one choice with Barrycare too, tbh... the problem is that all the choices are ridiculously expensive. That predates the ACA too...

It's not changing with this thing either, this is basically a symbolic 'repeal the niglet law' and remove the mandate after the SCOTUS shat on their faces.

A wasted opportunity, tbh. Just really disappointing that after 7 years to work on something palatable, this is what they come up with.

What I regrettably take from this is that the GOP just doesn't have a solution to the healthcare problem, never did, and probably don't care much about it either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, does someone care to explain? What are you people doing up at 4 o'clock in the morning? Well, if this is what it's evolved into (and prices don't go down), I hope it goes down in flames.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had more than one choice with Barrycare too, tbh... the problem is that all the choices are ridiculously expensive. That predates the ACA too...

It's not changing with this thing either, this is basically a symbolic 'repeal the niglet law' and remove the mandate after the SCOTUS shat on their faces.

A wasted opportunity, tbh. Just really disappointing that after 7 years to work on something palatable, this is what they come up with.

What I regrettably take from this is that the GOP just doesn't have a solution to the healthcare problem, never did, and probably don't care much about it either.
    You're just realizing this . I thought I told you in another thread (maybe it was Baseline) why I want this to pass. Democrats never had a real solution to healthcare but took full ownership of the problem with the ACA and they got ed for doing it. If the AHCA passes Republicans will take full ownership of healthcare and they will get ed for doing so. Then maybe (maybe) both sides will realize they are going to have to come up with a bipartisan solution. I don't know what that solution is but I know it's going to require trial and error. A single bill rammed through when one party briefly has enough power isn't going to get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solution? the solution was always "not obamacare"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, does someone care to explain? What are you people doing up at 4 o'clock in the morning?
    I get insomnia every time a cool front passes through. It sucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had more than one choice with Barrycare too, tbh...
    Only plan on the individual market in Texas is a Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Plan. Everything else has been dropped. I think they did that ~2 years ago. My wife's practice lost about 3000 patients then and to explain to these angry people we didn't drop you your insurance dropped us, good luck finding a new doctor.

The choice is bronze, silver, gold which is just a choice of how far they stick it in. Just the tip (bronze), mid shaft (silver), all the way (gold).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't 1/3 of the counties in the country only have 1 provider? And it's predicted to get worse next year? We have 2 choices (PPO and HMO) - gotta choose the PPO to cover dd in Texas.

I put the majority blame on Ryan - he should have been doing all this negotiating beforehand - not just put forth this proposal as a fait accompli and compound the problem with this anniversary date vote. Better for this to not get off the ground than to own something that won't bring down prices.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't 1/3 of the counties in the country only have 1 provider? And it's predicted to get worse next year? We have 2 choices (PPO and HMO) - gotta choose the PPO to cover dd in Texas.
    Who's still offering a PPO in Texas?

EDIT
    Ahh still some counties with PPO's (not mine)

(Updated!) There are still three PPOs in Texas this year—Scott & White, Memorial Hermann, and Medi-Share:

Scott & White is offering a Bronze PPO plan this year in their service area (see map below). It’s a high deductible plan that essentially provides catastrophic coverage but will be the only major medical company to offer a true PPO with out-of-network benefits. Of course, to get the most out of the plans you’ll want to use Baylor’s network as much as possible.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 03-24-2017 at 03:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is medishare the jeebus one i keep hearing on am radio?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are solutions to the problems you just have to go to the extremes to find them, whether it's to the right or the left. The problem is when the establishment/moderates/lobbyists take over you get ObamaCare or the Ryan/TrumpCare trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is medishare the jeebus one i keep hearing on am radio?
    Yeah. It's not real insurance. These christian sharing programs aren't ACA compliant and aren't even required by law to cover anything from what I've read. Just gotta rely on their christian word that they'll pay.

Edit - Well they say they are ACA compliant even though they aren't insurance. Not sure how that works.

Penalty Free—In Compliance with the Affordable Care Act
    We're not insurance, but we're still compliant with the Affordable Care Act. This means that you won't get fined by the government for not having insurance if you join with the Medi-Share family.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 03-24-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the freedom caucus is thinking the republicans can get to the 60 seat threshold in the senate after the 2018 midterms and they're gunning for a full repeal in January 2019. It seems like a really dangerous strategy. Though the senate map looks incredibly tough for the democrats in 2018, with er the only GOP seat up for re-election in a currently compe ive state.
    They could always pass a repeal without the replace portion (better than crap they're trying to pass). The biggest issue is the 3 phased strategy that won't work. If they were smart they would get the moderates and conservatives together, find what they can agree on and pass that, maybe add a few compromises for both sides. The take it or leave it approach wasn't going to be very successful, as I predicted a couple weeks ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could always pass a repeal without the replace portion (better than crap they're trying to pass).
    That will collapse the individual market. You can't just wish away what has been done.

If they were smart they would get the moderates and conservatives together, find what they can agree on and pass that, maybe add a few compromises for both sides.
    That's what they are trying to do. The freedom caucus is demanding things that lose the moderates and vice versa. And the things the far right want can't pass under reconciliation. Somehow they think some Senate democrats will go along their ideas which is delusional.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. It's not real insurance. These christian sharing programs aren't ACA compliant and aren't even required by law to cover anything from what I've read. Just gotta rely on their christian word that they'll pay.
    The christian sharing programs ARE ACA compliant - no penalty if you use it. I was on Christian Health Ministries for 5 months last year - that's when I got on the catastrophic coverage & pay for routine bandwagon. $459 per month to cover family of 5 nationwide/anywhere - $500 deductible per incident - "unlimited" coverage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's still offering a PPO in Texas?

EDIT
    Ahh still some counties with PPO's (not mine)

I'm in FL. Only the PPO offers out-of-area coverage for dd in TX.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The christian sharing programs ARE ACA compliant - no penalty if you use it. I was on Christian Health Ministries for 5 months last year - that's when I got on the catastrophic coverage & pay for routine bandwagon. $459 per month to cover family of 5 nationwide/anywhere - $500 deductible per incident - "unlimited" coverage.
    Maybe you missed my edit.

Doesn't matter...I'm not eligible

Eligibility

Medi-Share is built on a foundation of like ideals agreed upon by the Members. These biblical principles of health and lifestyle are important requirements for membership in Medi-Share.

Each adult member must attest to a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and profess the Statement of Faith to join. Members also agree to live by biblical standards, bear one another's burdens, and regularly attend and actively support a fellowship of believers.

As part of the commitment to a healthy lifestyle, members have agreed not to:

use tobacco and illegal drugs,
    abuse legal drugs,
    or have sex outside of traditional Christian marriage.

Thread Information