Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for sure but with my metabolism it gonna take a while... I can eat like I don't gain weight
    Steroids. It's all the rage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but yeah Fat people can be athletic too tbh

Wtf...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steroids. It's all the rage.
    ya forgot about roids

thats one option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya forgot about roids

thats one option
    Talk to AaronY. He can hook you up. Ask for some "before and after" pics, ignore the acne.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They're fitted caps. They're supposed to fit snugly to the players' heads unless they're wearing the wrong size. Very weak bait from the OP, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    apparently it is

gross tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FloppyTrot fans still going to the Prince Fielder and CC well

It's the only thing they have left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry brah I'm not fat enough to play fatball tbh

true story I'm quite skinny
    This is equally as gross.

He looks like a Holocaust victim, as do many floptrot players.

Look at that little twink compared to a real athlete.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    FloppyTrot fans still going to the Prince Fielder and CC well

It's the only thing they have left.
    Wrong, its the only thing we need

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood the baseball hate on here tbh. I'm too lazy to look back and get the backstory. Some of the players (designated hitters) are out of shape, for sure, but pretty much any position outside of first base and pitcher requires athleticism.

I don't really care about baseball that much since it is boring to watch, but I'm not going to sit here, diarrhea all over myself, and pretend that it doesn't take athleticism or a special type of skill.
    I've argued before that outfielders are the most well rounded athletes in American sports.

Most would clock in 4.3ish-4.6 40 times. Sportscience did a comparison and found that your average Joe outfielder (Springer is above average, but he's your typical mold of today's outfielder) has similar explosiveness as an NFL running back.

In addition, you need to have at least a >30" vert, arm strength to throw over 90mph, be able to catch balls sailing over 100 feet in the air, and oh yeah, hit a baseball. Arguably the hardest routine action in sports.

Baseball is hated among some here because it's not a "stamina" sport. Who gives a ? 102 year olds are running marathons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've argued before that outfielders are the most well rounded athletes in American sports.

Most would clock in 4.3ish-4.6 40 times. Sportscience did a comparison and found that your average Joe outfielder (Springer is above average, but he's your typical mold of today's outfielder) has similar explosiveness as an NFL running back.

In addition, you need to have at least a >30" vert, arm strength to throw over 90mph, be able to catch balls sailing over 100 feet in the air, and oh yeah, hit a baseball. Arguably the hardest routine action in sports.

Baseball is hated among some here because it's not a "stamina" sport. Who gives a ? 102 year olds are running marathons.
    All that athleticism and they use it a handful of times per game, at most. It's a shame. It's the game itself that is ing fat and lacks action. It's slow paced and there's barely any movement by it's "athletes".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All that athleticism and they use it a handful of times per game, at most. It's a shame. It's the game itself that is ing fat and lacks action. It's slow paced and there's barely any movement by it's "athletes".
    The fat players that your lot keeps referencing make up less than 10% of the MLB. And none of the top MLB players look anything like Bartolo Colon. I know you guys keep going to that well because trolling, but it's a pretty unimaginative troll job now. Pick a new lane.

"Handful of times per game."

Yet you love soccer.

I've watched A LOT of soccer. Soccer players get even less opportunities to showcase their athleticism than baseball players. During the World Cup Final, Messi was totally shutdown and maybe had one decent touch all game. The rest of the time he was simply jogging around trying to find a seam. Same with Portugal in the Euro. The "greatest athlete" in the world did pretty much all and pretty much all of Portugal's games were grindy snoozefests. I mean, are you all really that entertained by jogging around that you confuse it with athletic display? If you tell me you enjoy the skill display of poorball, fair enough. But let's not pretend it's a high octane athletic game.

Also, why do you need "action?" Basketball does that better than just about every other sport in existence. I ain't going to tell you how to watch baseball, but the primary point of the sport is to hit a very fast and moving ball past 9 players. It's not about constant running around and jumping, although there are plenty of those moments.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The fat players that your lot keeps referencing make up less than 10% of the MLB. And none of the top MLB players look anything like Bartolo Colon. I know you guys keep going to that well because trolling, but it's a pretty unimaginative troll job now. Pick a new lane.

Yet you love soccer.

I've watched A LOT of soccer. Soccer players get even less opportunities to showcase their athleticism than baseball players. During the World Cup Final, Messi was totally shutdown and maybe had one decent touch all game. The rest of the time he was simply jogging around trying to find a seam. Same with Portugal in the Euro. The "greatest athlete" in the world did pretty much all and pretty much all of Portugal's games were grindy snoozefests. I mean, are you all really that entertained by jogging around that you confuse it with athletic display? If you tell me you enjoy the skill display of poorball, fair enough. But let's not pretend it's a high octane athletic game.

Also, why do you need "action?" Basketball does that better than just about every other sport in existence. I ain't going to tell you how to watch baseball, but the primary point of the sport is to hit a very fast and moving ball past 9 players. It's not about constant running around and jumping, although there are plenty of those moments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yet you love soccer.

You're confusing scoring goals with showcasing athleticism. Messi can have multiple impressive, otherwordly runs and none end up in a goal. Single passes can be fun to watch because of the vision required. A team stringing multiple passes together to set up a shot at goal is fun to watch. Strong defensive play, goal keeper saves, etc. There's plenty of action in soccer. Easily more than fatball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. And when they happen, faster than any poorball player on the planet.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/155125...ows-off-speed/

Ronaldo and his projected 4.9 40 time

"They're great athletes because they jog around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're confusing scoring goals with showcasing athleticism. Messi can have multiple impressive, otherwordly runs and none end up in a goal. Single passes can be fun to watch because of the vision required. A team stringing multiple passes together to set up a shot at goal is fun to watch. Strong defensive play, goal keeper saves, etc. There's plenty of action in soccer. Easily more than fatball.
    Nope.

There's about 300 total pitches in baseball. I get you don't appreciate pitching because you really don't understand the difficulty of it, but watching a pitcher work a batter is fun to watch. I get it. You need "running around" to be entertained. I don't. I'm not preaching. Just calling out your arbitrary definition of "action."

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Center fielders especially are about as athletic as receivers in the NFL.

tbh, like I said before, I'm not even a baseballuva since I don't really watch that much. I'm just curious as to where the hate comes from and why baseball's the one sport on here that has to deal with the 'cherry picked fat guy' as proof that it's not a sport.

Couldn't I also play devil's advocate and post all those shirtless quarterbacks, with the dad-bods, and go "hurrrr durrr not a sport!!!!" as well? I'm not going to do that though because I don't make a habit of vomiting and crapping all over myself simultaneously all the time when it comes to these arguments (I'm not gay either).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Center fielders especially are about as athletic as receivers in the NFL.

tbh, like I said before, I'm not even a baseballuva since I don't really watch that much. I'm just curious as to where the hate comes from and why baseball's the one sport on here that has to deal with the 'cherry picked fat guy' as proof that it's not a sport.

Couldn't I also play devil's advocate and post all those shirtless quarterbacks, with the dad-bods, and go "hurrrr durrr not a sport!!!!" as well? I'm not going to do that though because I don't make a habit of vomiting and crapping all over myself simultaneously all the time when it comes to these arguments (I'm not gay either).
    Yep. I do it all the time with NFL lineman and I get crickets from football fans like FKLA and DAF.

And I realize some of those NFL lineman can run 5ish 40s and are superhumanly strong, but they act like Prince Fielder doesn't have a similar size/speed/strength ratio. Pitchers can come in all shapes in sizes, though, but generally speaking, a Bartolo or CC bod won't cut it. Bartolo is just otherworldly skilled. Pitchers look more like this in general.

The hate primarily comes from there not being enough "running around." That's their preference, but it does not invalidate baseball as an athletic game. Inches kill you in the sport, and if you lack the necessarily athleticism to rob hits, throw out runners, beat out throws, hit the ball hard, you won't be a very good baseball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently it is

gross tbh

What's that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk to AaronY. He can hook you up. Ask for some "before and after" pics, ignore the acne.
    there are before and after pics of Aaron?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Some people call them "the most well rounded athletes in American sports"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yep. And when they happen, faster than any poorball player on the planet.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/155125...ows-off-speed/

Ronaldo and his projected 4.9 40 time

"They're great athletes because they jog around
    Prince Fielder runs a projected 4.7 Faster than soccer's top athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people call them "the most well rounded athletes in American sports"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They meant round

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Prince Fielder runs a projected 4.7 Faster than soccer's top athlete.
    Whoa Nellie!

Thread Information