Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should've white texted your probable response. I knew you were going to go "Um, it's different!" route.

No. The final layer of the joke is that since these "outcasts" aren't indoctrinated by mainstream society, they can more clearly see the flaws/silliness in something everyone else blindly enjoys. That's why Ayoade's commentary is similar to the Simpson's joke. Americans didn't grow up on soccer culture, weren't indoctrinated into it, so they found the back and forth midfield play boring compared to the Mexican commentator who found each pass the most exciting thing since sliced bread.

And as I told CN, I think the boring description of any sport is shallow. Ice Hockey, Basketball, Aussie Rules, Rugby makes soccer look static as by comparison. So if action and athleticism are the only things you care about, why are you still watching soccer when those other more "dynamic" sports exist?

Rhetorical question, obviously.
    Why do you insist on writing so many words on a losing cause son?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get too excited over it though. It's really not that hard to do. To on Povertyball fans all you really have to do is show up.

I've never been a beisbol fan though, but beisbol is 10000x more exciting than kicking a ball around for 90 minutes only for the game to end in a 0-0 tie.
    What draws me into these threads isn't necessarily to defend baseball, but to expose their silly arguments. They can find baseball boring to the heart's content, but I think propping up soccer in comparison as a "dynamic" game is nonsensical. Like I said, compare soccer to hockey, rugby, basketball, Aussie rules, Lacrosse, and even American Football (yes, static during playcalling, but every play is a 100% sprint), and it looks "slow."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you insist on writing so many words on a losing cause son?
    It's, it's different!

Proof the joke was centered around making fun of outcasts and not soccer? Are you the writer of the IT Crowd?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's, it's different!

Proof the joke was centered around making fun of outcasts and not soccer? Are you the writer of the IT Crowd?
    The fact that they literally express they are "weird", and want to stay that way. It's pretty obvious for anyone not interested in twisting reality, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that they literally express they are "weird", and want to stay that way. It's pretty obvious for anyone not interested in twisting reality, tbh.
    No. It's pretty obvious the joke has more than one layer. But carry on seeing what only you want to see.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    prove it then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prove it then
    He's not bored because he's "weird," he's bored because he finds the game boring. Simple as that.

The weird joke has more to do with him not feeling comfortable in social situations. Joke has two layers.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Tic-Tac-Toe would be good. Both have an equal amount of ties

Thread might as well be over with this post tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's not bored because he's "weird," he's bored because he finds the game boring. Simple as that.

The weird joke has more to do with him not feeling comfortable in social situations. Joke has two layers.
    that's not proof

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not proof
    Neither is DAFs interpretation.

So...

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Tic-Tac-Toe would be good. Both have an equal amount of ties
    Holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can still out-sprint Crissy Ronaldo
    like it changes a damn, dude is gross fat disgusting... at this point that's the same ugly sumo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like it changes a damn, dude is gross fat disgusting... at this point that's the same ugly sumo
    You say that and yet this one of your favorite players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Diaw still burned more calories than fat beisbol player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would fat greg Ostertag average in today's nba?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and would promptly get back the caloric surplus following the game, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thanks for making my point tho... he was obviously out of shape in this pic... disgusting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for making my point tho... he was obviously out of shape in this pic... disgusting
    Fat can be good, bro. Too much muscle mass, too much oxygen demand and less flexibility. Like those fat rugby props:

You wouldn't want this dude having 275lb of muscle. He probably wouldn't even be able to run.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Don't forget about his other favorite player:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fat can be good, bro. Too much muscle mass, too much oxygen demand and less flexibility. Like those fat rugby props:

You wouldn't want this dude having 275lb of muscle. He probably wouldn't even be able to run.
    Yes in rugby in the ol times in particular you had the three "fat" centers playing to protect advantage line pretty much like in NFL who protects the QB, in rugby they "protect" the number 9 who ensure the transition between the front and back lines.

nowadays those dudes are pretty athletic and look more like that:

but yes you still have some dudes like that:

Tbh I was quite suprised that nobody would refer to those centers playing rugby, they play a very tough game 2 times 40 mn with a lot of tough contacts... I played rugby and soccer and I can tell you that rugby is much much more demanding.

Regarding fatball and soccer feud I just don't give a to be franck just following the international krew... I don't judge anybody for liking a sport

Thread Information