My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I wonder how many other players are pissed off with LeAirness and his shenanigans?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    dont think he's referring to bron. lbj is playing his 14th season averaging 38mpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many minutes does this bum play anyway?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    dont think he's referring to bron. lbj is playing his 14th season averaging 38mpg.
    Yeah if he's referring to Lebron, then that's BS. When you're a JAG bench player, you can't criticize somebody who plays heavy minutes season after season, goes to the Finals annually, and generally has to do everything for the team he's on (except for a few seasons with Miami).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that it sucks for the fans, and it shouldn't be done in nationally televised games, but i think this outrage has gone a little far....of course all the old players are gonna have the "it wasn't like that in my day!" old man take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beverly has played a total of 8500 mins in his career. LeBron is at close to 50 000 minutes.

He's just trying to maintain a tough guy image and looking like an idiot instead.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are you sure?

"I think that's bulls---," Beverley said after the Rockets' 137-125 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday. "I think that's a disgrace to this league. I think that fans deserve better.

"I could care less about coaches asking players to rest or not. It's up to you to play or not, and if you don't, you're disrespecting the game. And I don't believe in disrespecting the game, because there was a time where I wasn't playing in the NBA and I was trying to get here. So me resting, I feel like, is disrespecting me, disrespecting the name on the front of the jersey and disrespecting the name on the back of the jersey."

Precautionary resting of players has become a hot-button issue recently, in part due to the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers opting to rest stars for nationally televised Saturday night games. Commissioner Adam Silver responded by sending a memo to the league's owners, urging them to be involved in the decision-making process regarding precautionary resting, calling it "an extremely significant issue for the league" that impacts "perception of our game."

The Rockets have not followed the trend of resting their key players. MVP candidate James Harden and veteran forward Trevor Ariza, who both rank among the NBA's top 10 in minutes played, have not missed a game this season.

Harden is dealing with a sore wrist, which he had wrapped in tape as he left the Toyota Center on Sunday evening. Asked if he planned to rest or play if he's able, Harden simply smiled.
    LINK: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19011066/patrick-beverley-houston-rockets-resting-players-disgrace-league

Ty Lue just sat his big 3 vs the Clipps a few weeks ago. LeHype started talking about rest by throwing CIA Pop under the bus:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "lmemulatedao!!!"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Riles didn't rest Showtime.

Phil didn't rest MJ, Pip, Shaq, or Kobe.

KC Jones didn't rest Bird, McHale, Chief and DJ.

IJS

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup and i'm sure old NFL players think that NFL players these days are soft because now we have concussion protocol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday's NBA didn't have to cover every inch of the floor across half court. Plus they hand checked their way to good defense by physically slowing guys down that were much quicker. Try moving your feet the way players are required to now to stay in front of guys without using your hands.

Yesterday's NBA was throw in into Chuck and let him dribble with his back to the basket for 15 seconds.

And this is coming from a 90s bball fan.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yesterday's NBA didn't have to cover every inch of the floor across half court. Plus they hand checked their way to good defense by physically slowing guys down that were much quicker. Try moving your feet the way players are required to now to stay in front of guys without using your hands.

Yesterday's NBA was throw in into Chuck and let him dribble with his back to the basket for 15 seconds.

And this is coming from a 90s bball fan.
    Yesterday's NBA wasn't distracted with twitter, leading to distractions and less sleep.
    Yesterday's NBA knew how to actually train, as opposed to today's players tearing their mensicus' 4 or 5 times even having better doctors.
    Yesterday's stars weren't as brittle as today's (Durant, Davis, Griffin)
    Yesterday's players weren't hurting themselves on non contact injuries such as a jumpshot landing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riles didn't rest Showtime.

Phil didn't rest MJ, Pip, Shaq, or Kobe.

KC Jones didn't rest Bird, McHale, Chief and DJ.

IJS
    Mike D didn't rest Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday's NBA wasn't distracted with twitter, leading to distractions and less sleep.
    Yesterday's NBA knew how to actually train, as opposed to today's players tearing their mensicus' 4 or 5 times even having better doctors.
    Yesterday's stars weren't as brittle as today's (Durant, Davis, Griffin)
    Yesterday's players weren't hurting themselves on non contact injuries such as a jumpshot landing.
    Yesterday's players lost a lot of opportunities because they were injured. Grant Hill comes to mind.
    Yesterday's players overdosed before playing their 1st NBA game.
    Yesterday's players would lay on the floor during the Olympics because they ruined their backs mowing the yard.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yesterday's players lost a lot of opportunities because they were injured. Grant Hill comes to mind.
    Yesterday's players overdosed before playing their 1st NBA game.
    Yesterday's players would lay on the floor during the Olympics because they ruined their backs mowing the yard.
    Today's Players avoid the Olympics for fear of getting hurt.
    Today's players get hurt by punching the teams own equipment manager
    Today's players get hurt when landing from a jumpshot
    Today's players get hurt by punching chairs
    Today's players get hurt by sticking out their leg and trying to hurt someone else (Bogut)

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if he's referring to Lebron, then that's BS. When you're a JAG bench player, you can't criticize somebody who plays heavy minutes season after season, goes to the Finals annually, and generally has to do everything for the team he's on (except for a few seasons with Miami).
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike D didn't rest Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's Players avoid the Olympics for fear of getting hurt.
    Today's players get hurt by punching the teams own equipment manager
    Today's players get hurt when landing from a jumpshot
    Today's players get hurt by punching chairs
    Today's players get hurt by sticking out their leg and trying to hurt someone else (Bogut)
    Ralph Sampson...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mike D didn't rest Kobe

Thread Information