Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Location: biga is located in downtown san antonio on s. saint mary's st, on the riverwalk. its in an ideal location and in the more "mature" part of the tourist friendly riverwalk.

staff: friendly and accomodating asf. we went right at 7pm and didn't have to wait to be seated. our server, gabriel, was very professional and knew the menu very well. he went above and beyond with his customer service and even poured my girl a complimentary 1/2 glass of wine.

menu: biga describes themselves as a "new american" cuisine. they have a full bar, extensive wine menu and the food options were great. if you get there between 5-6:30pm or after 9pm, they offer a 3 course menue for $39 or 4 course for $47, not bad. i wasn't a fan of the dessert options but i don't have a big sweet tooth.( pics of food below)

drinks: i didn't taste my girls lemon drop but i went with a moscow mule, delicious, and after dinner i went with a cabernet( i can't remember the vineyard)but it was a nice ending to a great dinner.

rating: i give biga a solid 8.5 out of 10 on overall experience. i wasn't a fan of the fingerling potatoes nor the collard greens(they need to leave that to the soul food restaurants) but plate presenation and the execution of the proteins was on point. again, amazing staff and will make this a must stop for all of my out of town guests.

seared hudson valley foie gras w/ brioche toast, raspberry blueberry compote and cider duck jus (1/2 portion)

grilled 130z ribeye w/ fingerling potatoes, green beans, shiner bock onion rings and burgandy demi glaze

pan roasted mahi mahi, fingerling potatoes, collard greens and i can't remember the puree

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Took some clients there years ago. Dropped $900 on wine alone. I think the total for everything was $1500 or so. Thank god work paid for it. Anyhow, great food, cool atmosphere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Took some clients there years ago. Dropped $900 on wine alone. I think the total for everything was $1500 or so. Thank god work paid for it. Anyhow, great food, cool atmosphere.
    bruh, the wine is crazy expensive. i saw a bottle on the menu for like $1400. its a shame i slept on this place. i avoid downtown as much as i can but we had a conference at the marriott so we said fucc it and decided to find something to eat. man they changed so much around downtown its crazy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    bruh, the wine is crazy expensive. i saw a bottle on the menu for like $1400. its a shame i slept on this place. i avoid downtown as much as i can but we had a conference at the marriott so we said fucc it and decided to find something to eat. man they changed so much around downtown its crazy.
    $1400. Have you seen what the starting PG makes?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Location: biga is located in downtown san antonio on s. saint mary's st, on the riverwalk. its in an ideal location and in the more "mature" part of the tourist friendly riverwalk.

staff: friendly and accomodating asf. we went right at 7pm and didn't have to wait to be seated. our server, gabriel, was very professional and knew the menu very well. he went above and beyond with his customer service and even poured my girl a complimentary 1/2 glass of wine.

menu: biga describes themselves as a "new american" cuisine. they have a full bar, extensive wine menu and the food options were great. if you get there between 5-6:30pm or after 9pm, they offer a 3 course menue for $39 or 4 course for $47, not bad. i wasn't a fan of the dessert options but i don't have a big sweet tooth.( pics of food below)

drinks: i didn't taste my girls lemon drop but i went with a moscow mule, delicious, and after dinner i went with a cabernet( i can't remember the vineyard)but it was a nice ending to a great dinner.

rating: i give biga a solid 8.5 out of 10 on overall experience. i wasn't a fan of the fingerling potatoes nor the collard greens(they need to leave that to the soul food restaurants) but plate presenation and the execution of the proteins was on point. again, amazing staff and will make this a must stop for all of my out of town guests.

seared hudson valley foie gras w/ brioche toast, raspberry blueberry compote and cider duck jus (1/2 portion)

grilled 130z ribeye w/ fingerling potatoes, green beans, shiner bock onion rings and burgandy demi glaze

pan roasted mahi mahi, fingerling potatoes, collard greens and i can't remember the puree

You sure those pics aren't from twin peaks with all the tampon juice leaked out in the plates?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Moscow mules are the .. The ginger and lime covers the vodka perfectly you can get broads drunk af on two of em

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    College
    Purdue Boilermakers
    afro-American Psycho imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

i wasn't a fan of the fingerling potatoes nor the collard greens(they need to leave that to the soul food restaurants) but plate presenation and the execution of the proteins was on point. again, amazing staff and will make this a must stop for all of my out of town guests.
    Bend over, I'll ing show you execution of the proteins. And make you appreciate fingerling potatoes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really haven't dined on the Riverwalk in a while but this sounds good. Im pretty sure I've been before, but honestly don't remember. I've been spending most of my time at places in Pearl when I come into SA either to eat or go out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not to hijack the thread away from Biga, but has anyone been to Shuck Shack? I love that place. Go almost every time I'm in SA now to get a few beers and some oysters/apps.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    afro-American Psycho imo

Bend over, I'll ing show you execution of the proteins. And make you appreciate fingerling potatoes.
    pause

I really haven't dined on the Riverwalk in a while but this sounds good. Im pretty sure I've been before, but honestly don't remember. I've been spending most of my time at places in Pearl when I come into SA either to eat or go out.
    yea the pearl is cool. i like down on grayson.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Moscow mules are the .. The ginger and lime covers the vodka perfectly you can get broads drunk af on two of em
    yea.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Been wanting to try this place for awhile now. Will have to give it a go sometime.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not to hijack the thread away from Biga, but has anyone been to Shuck Shack? I love that place. Go almost every time I'm in SA now to get a few beers and some oysters/apps.
    Yes. Only place I know of in SA where you can get good east coast (non gulf) oysters.

German Yoda Holger Geschwindner's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Scheint wie eine typische Mahlzeit für fette Amerikaner. Ich würde lieber ein gutes Schnitzel mit einem Riesling essen und einen leckeren Strudel zum Dessert haben. Sie Amerikaner essen so übertriebene Mahlzeiten, deshalb haben Sie die sub-optimalen Fett Körper, die nicht gut für immer uber-Korbmacher sind.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    I was in SA the other day and went to Cured....cool place but probably the most over rated I've had in a while.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I was in SA the other day and went to Cured....cool place but probably the most over rated I've had in a while.
    yup. i went there for a birthday party and i didn't care for it either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Scheint wie eine typische Mahlzeit für fette Amerikaner. Ich würde lieber ein gutes Schnitzel mit einem Riesling essen und einen leckeren Strudel zum Dessert haben. Sie Amerikaner essen so übertriebene Mahlzeiten, deshalb haben Sie die sub-optimalen Fett Körper, die nicht gut für immer uber-Korbmacher sind.
    You should really start following these up with one of your alts laughing at your post so it at least looks like someone gives a tbh imho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You should really start following these up with one of your alts laughing at your post so it at least looks like someone gives a tbh imho
    But yeah...it's a terrible idea. People here are too lazy to even Google an Avante list. Much less Google translate. Although I guess that would be easier than corroborating a track and field list. But either way, it's too much work for too little payoff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    OOOHHHHHHH I read that wrong. I thought he was going off on a tangent and started talking about how he didn't like fingering potatoes. I didn't see what anyone would get out of that but I didn't want to make him feel bad for trying. Especially since he said he didn't like it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yes. Only place I know of in SA where you can get good east coast (non gulf) oysters.
    No Shiite? I'm going to have to take the missus there? I haven't found a place here in SA that has really good oysters. We love Acme in New Orleans and a little hole in the wall in Orlando called Clermont Oyster Bar.

This place doesn't happen to have chicks with big boobs and short shorts serving the food does it? Because you know, that's the only type of place that I like.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No Shiite? I'm going to have to take the missus there? I haven't found a place here in SA that has really good oysters. We love Acme in New Orleans and a little hole in the wall in Orlando called Clermont Oyster Bar.

This place doesn't happen to have chicks with big boobs and short shorts serving the food does it? Because you know, that's the only type of place that I like.
    I'm not sure you could afford it but if you ever want to go upscale, Pappadeaux's has good oysters. I hear you on wanting some ho's to serve you the food.
    Here's what you do....you go to Backpage.com and pay for a few chicks to come out and meet you and your lady for dinner. And they don't have to have sex with you. You just pay them to take the food from the waitress and deliver it to you table.
    Maybe go up to the bar and grab some drinks for you. Easy peasy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm not sure you could afford it but if you ever want to go upscale, Pappadeaux's has good oysters. I hear you on wanting some ho's to serve you the food.
    Here's what you do....you go to Backpage.com and pay for a few chicks to come out and meet you and your lady for dinner. And they don't have to have sex with you. You just pay them to take the food from the waitress and deliver it to you table.
    Maybe go up to the bar and grab some drinks for you. Easy peasy.
    I love Pappadeaux. That's actually a really good idea. Backpage, you say? It's a Louisiana place, right? Maybe I can make some outfits of beads for them. I've never visited backpage. Would it be better than Craigslist? Are we talking bullet holes? Meth teeth? Both? I'd rather have neither but could work around the bullet holes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I would. Its a really chill place with mostly outside seating. Small menu, but oysters are really good and sitting at the oyster bar is dope because the guys working it are cool. Pretty reasonably priced too (IMO). Usually like $2-$3 an oyster (no Gulf).

The other stuff is really good too (steamed artichoke, smoked trout dip, hush puppies,). Great place for apps like oysters and beers.

Thread Information