Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the Grizzlies aren't any good. Not sure why they're so annoying vs us
    Not merely annoying- tough as nails and the refs' darlings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Captain Hook Kawhi Leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy for the win, but all things considered my confidence in the Spurs come playoff time continues to wane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, w

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is more than Tony's spoon feeding him perfectly. LMA's shooting percentage has been in the toilet - guarded, unguarded, no matter. But with Tony on the floor - whether Tony is feeding him or not - LMA is playing a game of "horse" and sinking even the high difficulty shots. It is literally like Tony IS LMA's confidence.
    Saint maybe he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is blowing pretty hard on the bench. He's worked for everything he's gotten tonight.
    And been worked over for everything he's gotten!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victory!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy for the win, but all things considered my confidence in the Spurs come playoff time continues to wane.
    Agreed. Not enough firepower. This team is built for old school playoff basketball, though, so if we can force the Warriors/Clippers whoever into our game, we have a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the more reason to enjoy/gloat about the regular season especially when they're sitting on a 55-16 record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think the Grizz can play any better than they did tonight, or shoot any better, or get any more friendly whistles. The Spurs don't miss 8 FT's, and it's a double digit win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is more than Tony's spoon feeding him perfectly. LMA's shooting percentage has been in the toilet - guarded, unguarded, no matter. But with Tony on the floor - whether Tony is feeding him or not - LMA is playing a game of "horse" and sinking even the high difficulty shots. It is literally like Tony IS LMA's confidence.
    You've got to be kidding me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not merely annoying- tough as nails and the refs' darlings.
    The question is why do these s get all the calls against us. While they beat us up without a whistle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is eerie. Reminds me of the movie, "The Mighty."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this was their response to what they considered a must win (which in this case, was code for knock them down a peg before they start to actually believe they can beat us in a series) game, against a should be clearly inferior opponent?

Even though it was briefly tied, it never really felt in doubt, but it was also far from emphatic. What's worse, it's not the least bit surprising.

When's the last time they blew someone out? And I don't mean pulled away at the end, but had to mostly max out the minutes that each player plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question is why do these s get all the calls against us. While they beat us up without a whistle.
    Good question for Pop for anybody with the huevos to ask him.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've got to be kidding me.
    Not sure what is funny....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this was their response to what they considered a must win (which in this case, was code for knock them down a peg before they start to actually believe they can beat us in a series) game, against a should be clearly inferior opponent?

Even though it was briefly tied, it never really felt in doubt, but it was also far from emphatic. What's worse, it's not the least bit surprising.

When's the last time they blew someone out? And I don't mean pulled away at the end, but had to mostly max out the minutes that each player plays.
    Have they done what you are talking about this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Grizz can play any better than they did tonight, or shoot any better, or get any more friendly whistles. The Spurs don't miss 8 FT's, and it's a double digit win.
    They've shot like this in all three games so far this season, but tonight Gasol was actually pretty terrible shooting-wise (even Conley was inefficient despite tearing the Spurs apart at times). Spurs have also been missing freebies pretty regularly the past few months. I've also gone on and on about terrible officiating for the Spurs for a few years now. Nothing about tonight really gives me confidence about this team. In my head and on paper I see the Spurs beating the Grizz in 5, but I feel like it'll be a 6/7 game series that goes either way.

Better than playing OKC/LAC whom I just can't see the Spurs beating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for the eye-popping stats. Just gotta hope that Tony stays healthy for the rest of the season - for BOTH of their sakes.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough win.

If we can get guys to hit shots when KL is doubled in the frkn middle of the floor it is very helpful.
    Memphis really does not respect us trying that crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not in a while; the Kings game was never really in doubt other than in the first quarter, but it was the ing Kings. They just haven't been playing well as a whole since New Years. Kawhi playing at an MVP level (and LMA/Parker looking good for the first half of January) kept them afloat, but they just haven't looked like an elite team since the turn of the calendar year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quite a ways off from his percentage being in the "toilet" without Rique and him hitting everything including "horse" shots when he's in bc he's his lucky charm .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've shot like this in all three games so far this season, but tonight Gasol was actually pretty terrible shooting-wise (even Conley was inefficient despite tearing the Spurs apart at times). Spurs have also been missing freebies pretty regularly the past few months. I've also gone on and on about terrible officiating for the Spurs for a few years now. Nothing about tonight really gives me confidence about this team. In my head and on paper I see the Spurs beating the Grizz in 5, but I feel like it'll be a 6/7 game series that goes either way.

Better than playing OKC/LAC whom I just can't see the Spurs beating.
    Best case scenario: Grizz beat us black and blue and we win.
    Worst case scenario: Grizz beat us black and blue and we lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird - TP isn't supposed to be the clutch 3PT ace:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they done what you are talking about this season?
    In the early third of the season they had 10+ blowout wins including against the Dubs (where they had a double digit lead from the end of the first on). , they had that impressive wire-to-wire blowout win at Utah, at Denver, against Toronto, etc (the latter two with Tony and LMA looking the best they have all year) as well.

Thread Information