Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a ways off from his percentage being in the "toilet" without Rique and him hitting everything including "horse" shots when he's in bc he's his lucky charm .
    C'mon, son. A ball handling, probing PG is just naturally a better fit alongside a jumpshooting big than a Microwave type player. Patty is better suited alongside players like Diaw and Lee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird - TP isn't supposed to be the clutch 3PT ace:

Makes sense. Super low volume and they're wide open corner threes. The good shooters on the team shoot a higher volume and higher difficulty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a ways off from his percentage being in the "toilet" without Rique and him hitting everything including "horse" shots when he's in bc he's his lucky charm .
    Umm. Not sure how to break this to you, but 44% vs 49% is a massive gulf. 44% is not a very good percentage to shoot and what's even crazier is that with TP not only is % a lot higher but its on much larger sample size as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Super low volume and they're wide open corner threes. The good shooters on the team shoot a higher volume and higher difficulty.
    Except they don't. In the clutch Tp leads the team in %. The fact it's a small sample (will be for everyone in that situation) doesn't mean he should be making them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon, son. A ball handling, probing PG is just naturally a better fit alongside a jumpshooting big than a Microwave type player. Patty is better suited alongside players like Diaw and Lee.
    Bobo is a player this team is dearly missing this year. While last year Bobo wasn't great, during his time here he gave the Spurs an added dimension with a big that could penetrate/dribble-drive and kick the ball out. Kinda wish he continued to suck with Utah so maybe they'd buy him out and he could return to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with MVPaddy. Not sure why he's always on your mind. Re-read the guys post. Dude literally calls him LMA' s lucky charm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the early third of the season they had 10+ blowout wins including against the Dubs (where they had a double digit lead from the end of the first on). , they had that impressive wire-to-wire blowout win at Utah, at Denver, against Toronto, etc (the latter two with Tony and LMA looking the best they have all year) as well.
    Those early season games seem like a long time ago. It seems like Tony/LMA played their best combined game tonight. Gotta hope they can both stay healthy and build on tonight for the rest of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except they don't. In the clutch Tp leads the team in %. The fact it's a small sample (will be for everyone in that situation) doesn't mean he should be making them
    Of course they shoot more. If you really think guys like Green or Kawhi don't have significantly more than 12 attempts in those situations, I don't know what to tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those early season games seem like a long time ago. It seems like Tony/LMA played their best combined game tonight. Gotta hope they can both stay healthy and build on tonight for the rest of the season.
    Nah, those two games against TOR/DEN were clearly their best; they combined to either score or assist on half the Spurs' points in those games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't the prettiest game, but the Spurs continue to find ways to win close games. They execute well and turn on the defense when they need too. That's something that will help us in the playoffs as almost every game 2nd round going forward is going to be a close/grind it out game.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobo is a player this team is dearly missing this year. While last year Bobo wasn't great, during his time here he gave the Spurs an added dimension with a big that could penetrate/dribble-drive and kick the ball out. Kinda wish he continued to suck with Utah so maybe they'd buy him out and he could return to SA.
    Diaw has been done since 2014 son, tbh. No thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm. Not sure how to break this to you, but 44% vs 49% is a massive gulf. 44% is not a very good percentage to shoot and what's even crazier is that with TP not only is % a lot higher but its on much larger sample size as well.
    His post was hyperbole. The percentages show an improvement. They don't show the hyperbole he was spewing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw has been done since 2014 son, tbh. No thanks
    He's looked good with Utah after a poor start iirc. Wouldn't want him for $8mil, but he'd be a lot better than Joel Anthony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with MVPaddy. Not sure why he's always on your mind. Re-read the guys post. Dude literally calls him LMA' s lucky charm.
    Has everything to do with

You guys want him starting for some stupid ass reason, so you look for anything to prove he'd be a better fit with the starters. The lucky charm description was a bit overboard, but his perception was correct. LMA is more compatible with Tony than House. Tony is also more compatible with Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to wonder Pop closing games with Patty with any combo of Tony or Manu, etc.

It would make me think Patty would be a priority for Pop in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's looked good with Utah after a poor start iirc. Wouldn't want him for $8mil, but he'd be a lot better than Joel Anthony.
    As much as I used to like Boris he fell off last season and has continued that free fall pretty bad in Utah. I haven't watched. Ugh if him but he's one of Utahs worst guys this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I used to like Boris he fell off last season and has continued that free fall pretty bad in Utah. I haven't watched. Ugh if him but he's one of Utahs worst guys this season.

The Spurs wouldn't have won the '14 Championship without Boris. He got his new contract that offseason, and went into semi-retirement. He and West were a disaster last year, but I think his numbers were even worse in '15. I like Boris and what he brought to the Spurs, but it really looked like he got his ring and his walking around money and started his retirement countdown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will pass on boris at this point as well. He is close to being put out to the pasture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yupz, the FG shooting percentage says it all, LMA is a role player level without TP, and all star level player alongside him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't forget that we got rights to Olivier Hanlan when we sent Boris to Utah. So we got that going for us.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grit. Grind. Spurs.

Next!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to finally get a W against this team.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to finally get a W against this team.
    Never in doubt tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grit. Grind. Spurs.

Next!
    maybe this will be good for the Spurs championship aspirations. obviously riding a 20 game win streak into the playoffs didn't work, and obviously having an insane point differential didn't work (last year) so maybe all of this battle testing, close games is the better route to go???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs wouldn't have won the '14 Championship without Boris. He got his new contract that offseason, and went into semi-retirement. He and West were a disaster last year, but I think his numbers were even worse in '15. I like Boris and what he brought to the Spurs, but it really looked like he got his ring and his walking around money and started his retirement countdown.

Yeah I have no doubt that he still enjoys playing basketball, but I think after ringing he doesn't care enough to stay in shape and be a legit contributor to anyone anymore.

Thread Information