My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic was in the audience, so you know the Lakers are drafting this kid. That said, I don't see anything special. He had immense trouble keeping up with Kentucky's Fox, who dropped 39 on his Drake looking ass, and in the NBA he'll be facing athletes like Fox every night. Couldn't create separation offensively and has one of the ugliest jumpers this side of Shawn Marion.

I think his peak is probably a poor man's Jason Kidd. Not some transcendent talent like his dumbass blowhard father is making him out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A poor man's JK is a beast. He won't even be a poor man's Rajon Rondo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavar Ball is a got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic was in the audience, so you know the Lakers are drafting this kid. That said, I don't see anything special. He had immense trouble keeping up with Kentucky's Fox, who dropped 39 on his Drake looking ass, and in the NBA he'll be facing athletes like Fox every night. Couldn't create separation offensively and has one of the ugliest jumpers this side of Shawn Marion.

I think his peak is probably a poor man's Jason Kidd. Not some transcendent talent like his dumbass blowhard father is making him out to be.
    >implying the Lakers keep their pick

SHIGGY DIGGY

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I get it , he has good vision and stuff, but damn that j is so ugly I can't get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    Agree with whitemamba

That jumper looks wack as . He needs to quicken up that shooting motion and when he gets to the NBA he'll have to change it. That extra split second it takes him to get it off could make all the difference in the world. You're giving more and more defenders (even the mediocre ones) a chance to block it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be another MCW imo. Has some potential to grow into a solid player but he's gonna go to a ty franchise with poor developmental coaches and won't receive the help he needs to reach his potential. From there he'll just be an NBA journey man ala Rondo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    >implying the Lakers keep their pick

SHIGGY DIGGY
    Papa Silver won't let them lose it.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Ball is actually a pretty efficient scorer. He probably has a broken or dislocated finger from he Pac12 Tournament. His shot is ed, but it goes in.

But he's not a good defender. Those deriding me for saying he "doesn't play defense at ing all" hopefully see how foolish the Jason Kidd comps were.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ball is better than mcw and most of the almost 40 Fox dropped wasnt against Ball but doubt he could have stopped it if he wanted to
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 03-25-2017 at 01:55 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ball is better than mcw and most of the almost 40 Fox dropped wasnt against Ball but doubt he could have stopped it if he wanted to

I watched that matchup carefully, and Fox was beating him with his first step all game, forcing Bruin help. But you admit as such in the last sentence.

I don't "see it" in this kid. Great vision, but I think he lacks the athleticism to keep up in the NBA. Pretty much every team has a speed demon at PG these days. He'll need a very specific team defense to hide his flaws.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Rivers second coming lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I watched that matchup carefully, and Fox was beating him with his first step all game, forcing Bruin help. But you admit as such in the last sentence.

I don't "see it" in this kid. Great vision, but I think he lacks the athleticism to keep up in the NBA. Pretty much every team has a speed demon at PG these days. He'll need a very specific team defense to hide his flaws.
    Not sure what he will be but Bruins played a lot of zone yet Fox still beat them off the dribble. I get why he is not top 5 but someone late in the lottery gonna get a guy with a young Tony Parker type fitst step and if they can develop his jumper and playmaking he could be Enrique with better defense.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Austin Rivers second coming lol
    No way. Lonzo's dad isn't even half the obnoxious fraud that Austin's dad is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like a very defensively challenged draft. The wingspan of the top prospects is awful, the only one that stands out is Fultz

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It seems like a very defensively challenged draft. The wingspan of the top prospects is awful, the only one that stands out is Fultz
    I will say that we shouldn't overreact to tourney games I think this draft is deep but not special as many have claimed it to be.
    I see flaws in Ball, Tatum Jackson and Ball. Fultz didn't even make tourney to show his ..but I agree he is the top prospect.
    The draft with Lebron Wade melo Bosh was that last truly special one ...
    Obviously there is no LeBron or Wade but I'm doubtful any will be as good as Prime Bosh or melo ...

Bad time for my Lakers to suck but not a great time to be mediocre either ... with the league being top heavy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get tha outta here. Rivers never said his son was the better than Curry. He sure and the never said he could beat MJ one on one. Lonzos dad is on a top level of dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's fair to say he'll be playing against guys as athletic as De'Aaron Fox every night. Fox is a big point guard and a freak athlete. Not saying there aren't PG's in the league like that, but that's not the norm. I'd still take Markelle Fultz #1. Don't let Lonzo's dad fool you, he is one of the top prospects this year but he is not THE top prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had immense trouble keeping up with Kentucky's Fox, who dropped 39 on his Drake looking ass

and in the NBA he'll be facing athletes like Fox every night

This. Dude looked like a smaller Kyle Anderson "SloMo" out there. High Bball IQ but ceiling is a taller, poor man's Andre Miller. And more likely he will be 2016 Shaun Livingston

Thread Information