San Antonio Spurs
    I think they make a 243 AR.
    Well then I'll need to look that up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    A true hunter (incoming fallacy) holds a reverence for the quarry. You don't kill because you enjoy killing, but because it's the natural end to the hunt. It's the hunt you enjoy.
    Yeah. I'm not against hunting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Wow, she was a cute pup. Sorry for your loss.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Wow, she was a cute pup. Sorry for your loss.
    Thanks. It's a dude though ... My 2 dogs were father/son, this one was the son.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Thanks. It's a dude though ... My 2 dogs were father/son, this one was the son.
    Damn, pretty sad that the son died and I'm sure you're seeing and hearing the sadness from the father.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You need to get one of these homie

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Damn, pretty sad that the son died and I'm sure you're seeing and hearing the sadness from the father.
    The little guy was way more attached to the dad than the other way around. But yeah he's been much more clingy to us around the house than before. Otherwise he's been fine though, which is encouraging. I think the more time passes he's feeling lonelier though... As if it hadn't really hit him that day. Probably didn't realize it was permanent

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, so what if I am depressed when I hunt, don't get a boner, get no satisfaction out of it... but I just leave the dead animal where I killed it and then move on to the next one?

Also, is it based on my happiness or just whether or not I get a boner?
    I'll take the second question first. Happiness is a boner.

Yes, if you leave the dead animal and move on, then it's OK. I'm assuming that you aren't going to stand over it and dab or take a selfie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Damn. What are you going to eat now?
    I usually have a good memory, but can't remember this for the life of me... What was your original basis for the pinoy shtick? Boredom?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I usually have a good memory, but can't remember this for the life of me... What was your original basis for the pinoy shtick? Boredom?
    Who says you have to be Pinoy to eat dog? Are you xenophobic now?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Who says you have to be Pinoy to eat dog? Are you xenophobic now?
    Don't be disingenuous.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't be disingenuous.
    Do you think the coyote was pinoy too? Jeez you're sensitive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    If they take specific pleasure in killing the animal, I'm not a fan. Stuff like trophy hunting, etc. And I know I'm going to get some long story about how trophy hunting helps the environment and stuff. But if the hunter gets a boner when seeing the last breath of an animal I think he's got issues
    You can recognize the importance and benefits of big game trophy hunting and still be against it, much like I am. I only hunt and fish for what I will actually eat. Not a single animal or fish mounted on my wall despite how many I've killed.

To your OP I'm sorry to hear that man, coyotes. I've got about 20 acres of open fields behind my property line and hear them on a nightly basis, along with the death squeals of the rabbits they kill. One of my dogs used to hop my fence every morning and run around in the fields until those bas s got her. Found her just her head in the creek when I got home from work. I'm still tempted to get up early one morning and sit in the creek with by compound bow to get some revenge but haven't got around to it.

Interestingly enough I've seen those same coyotes running around with a domesticated dog from around the neighborhood. Lady says her dog has been doing it for years. He'll disappear for a week running with the coyotes and then just show up back to her house like nothing happened. Go figure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Do you think the coyote was pinoy too? Jeez you're sensitive.
    Sensitive? Regarding my dog, sure. The pinoy shtick, just curious as to its origin tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Probably shouldn't own an anklebiter in an area inhabited by coyotes tbh
    Was my first thought. I've seen a hawk carry off a small dog too. Lapdogs are food out in the country.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn, that sucks, condolences..

I've had many run-ins with coyotes in a creek near my house and some train tracks nearby, tbh..there's always at least 2 of them together in the encounters..my dog was stupid enough to make a move towards them once(pre-cancer, he wouldn't stand a chance, nowadays) fortunately they ran off, but I wouldn't have been confident in him winning(he was 120 lbs, but wild >>> domestic in a fight, generally)..

There's a Fisher that has been frequenting my neighborhood lately, though..hopefully my cat doesn't get destroyed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Sorry to hear, dude. I think it's telling that the sentiment in this thread is almost unanimously a sympathetic one. If you had said a relative died you'd probably get a few lol's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry to hear, dude. I think it's telling that the sentiment in this thread is almost unanimously a sympathetic one. If you had said a relative died you'd probably get a few lol's.
    Harambe all over again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn, that sucks, condolences..

I've had many run-ins with coyotes in a creek near my house and some train tracks nearby, tbh..there's always at least 2 of them together in the encounters..my dog was stupid enough to make a move towards them once(pre-cancer, he wouldn't stand a chance, nowadays) fortunately they ran off, but I wouldn't have been confident in him winning(he was 120 lbs, but wild >>> domestic in a fight, generally)..

There's a Fisher that has been frequenting my neighborhood lately, though..hopefully my cat doesn't get destroyed
    Fishers and Badgers are two of the most brutal animals out there. Those ers kill racoond lile nothing and Racoons can be aggressive.

Only thing your cat has going for him is speed...otherwise, that cat's curiosity is going kill him.

I saw a fisher bully a significantly bigger fox. Its crazy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Sorry for your loss man. Yeah My small dog I used to let out in the back yard. Until it got scared less when some ducks went in my pool. Now only under supervision does it go outside

And I've seen coyotes walking down the street in my old neighborhood all confident like house cats

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Man, dude. That sucks. Sorry to hear. I know what you are going through though. I had this pet roadrunner that was always being chased by a coyote. That effin coyote was always trying different things to try and catch him and eat him. This coyote used jetpacks, dynamite, machine guns, boulders falling from cliffs, etc. etc.
    In the end, I came home one day and my roadrunner committed suicide. I saw his little legs sticking out from underneath an anvil and a note was partially under it. All it said was "beep beep" but those two words cut to the core of me.

RIP my beautiful bird.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Coyotes are bad about going for pets but one of the real threats also to small pets
    are hawks and Mexican Eagles. I got a puppy and i would let it out in my backyard
    on the deep north side of San Antonio in a subdivision and not a rural acreage.
    I let the puppy out to do it's business and a couple of minutes later I walked out the
    back door and saw the largest bird ever sitting on the fence looking at the puppy. I waved
    my hands and yelled at the bird then it flew off. It was not a buzzard but as larger than one
    or bigger. I went online to look up what I saw and it fit the picture of a Mexican Eagle.
    They have a range from deep Mexico to around Austin. I now have seen this bird buzzing
    my yard now. He fly's over the neighborhood and I see it at least once a week. We also
    have hawks flying around also. The have moved into city's now like coyotes because of
    easy pickings of peoples pets. I have seen postings on nextdoor neighborhood web site who
    have lost their small cats and dogs out of their back yards. One posted a photo of where
    a hawk had got their dog and was trying to fly of with it. It had some claw marks all over it.
    I would keep a eye out on any pet under about 20 lbs that you let loose in your yard for coyotes,
    wild dogs and birds of prey......

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Be on the lookout for short fat Mexicans from the west side too!

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com...-home/1815451/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Walking my other dog tonight, encountered a coyote crossing the opposite side of the street (and based on the color/description I don't think it was the same one)... glad I'm moving out of the area in a couple weeks.

Took a couple steps towards it and kept eye contact and the thing backed off and just stood there staring. And all the while holding my dog behind me because he kept trying to run up and try to "play"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Walking my other dog tonight, encountered a coyote crossing the opposite side of the street (and based on the color/description I don't think it was the same one)... glad I'm moving out of the area in a couple weeks.

Took a couple steps towards it and kept eye contact and the thing backed off and just stood there staring. And all the while holding my dog behind me because he kept trying to run up and try to "play"

I see them in my neighborhood. They seem pretty small though. Sometimes I see posters up saying "Be on the lookout. Coyotes are killing cats in the neighborhood." I usually write LOL cats on it because that's stupid. But if I heard that it got a dog, like yours, I'd be patrolling the streets strapped and ready.

Thread Information