Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker needs her to fulfill his needs and desires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky is a Russian infiltrator. A spy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I'm as right wing as you can get but I absolutely think Hammond would in fact command the attention and dedication of her own NBA team.... with the caveat being that that team is an iteration of what we see today in San Antonio.
    Plainly speaking if she stays with this Popovich-Buford built organization for 10-15 years, she would ascend to the HC job.

My prediction would be her taking the reigns from whoever follows Popovich after he leaves in 2020.

She'd be following Budenholzer's blueprint of being an assistant from 1997-2013.
    I'm not couching it in terms of right wing / left wing. She could have the greatest basketball mind in the world but I just don't think she could command a team of young millionaire men. It's hard enough for an experienced male coach to do. That being said, the only place where she would have a chance is in SA where they have a culture of not putting up with bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not couching it in terms of right wing / left wing. She could have the greatest basketball mind in the world but I just don't think she could command a team of young millionaire men. It's hard enough for an experienced male coach to do. That being said, the only place where she would have a chance is in SA where they have a culture of not putting up with bull .
    which coaches actually do control their young millionaires?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which coaches actually do control their young millionaires?
    Not many do it well. But she'll get looked at under a more powerful microscope than anyone. Which is why I think she'd have to work for the Spurs where they try to put character guys in the team. God forbid her team had the first pick and the hands down best player was someone like Boogie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She had no business leaving a groundbreaking job to regress back into a cisgender role in Florida. I say she sticks it out to be a HC in the NBA. Lakers could be looking soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she's young and with the best organization. i think she made a solid choice to stay here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She wants to be the "first" something something. Good for her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's an article on NBA.com with Adam Silver talking about how he wants a female head coach "sooner rather than later". I don't give a if someone wants to hire a female head coach, I really don't. As long as she's as ready for it as other candidates. But I really, really get sick of politics and social engineering mixed in my sports.

If Silver really wants things to be all equal, he should just merge the NBA and the WNBA, and let nature take it's course. Maybe set some kind of quota for the number of female players each roster has to carry?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think the Spurs are going to make her the first female head coach?
    Yes. Pop's a bleeding heart lib. He'd like nothing better than to hand the reigns over to her to "break the glass ceiling".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly thought the Mavs could draft Griner.

There's an article on NBA.com with Adam Silver talking about how he wants a female head coach "sooner rather than later". I don't give a if someone wants to hire a female head coach, I really don't. As long as she's as ready for it as other candidates. But I really, really get sick of politics and social engineering mixed in my sports.

If Silver really wants things to be all equal, he should just merge the NBA and the WNBA, and let nature take it's course. Maybe set some kind of quota for the number of female players each roster has to carry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why go to NCAA womens basketball and lose to UCONN for 20 straight years.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wah wah wah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs have a head start with Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a women would have to prove she can coach Men first in College. Although the way Silver was talking the other day, it was like he would just tell a team to hire a woman anyway..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a women would have to prove she can coach Men first in College. Although the way Silver was talking the other day, it was like he would just tell a team to hire a woman anyway..
    If she went to Toronto Trudeau would exploit the out of that. Drake could hit on her instead of that moose Doris Burke.

Thread Information