Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New Yorker article outlines why you will never (voluntarily) see Trumps tax returns (his own self-leaked two page 2005 bit aside)

Basically: he is almost certainly hiding multiple felonies and dodgy tax schemes involving bribes and money laundering. Crux of the article is that he slapped his name (read, cashed a lot of checks) for a luxury hotel in the middle of an industrial port district in Azerbaijan, a project that almost certainly was a vehicle for laundering Iranian money to bypass sanctions.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...mps-worst-deal

Investigative journalists are just now digging up the items, but what I have seen so far seems to be the first glimpses of actual fire, for all the smoke seen in his world-wide business interests.

You have both sanctions evasion and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, this is likely just starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An Overview

The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as amended, 15 U.S.C. §§ 78dd-1, et seq. ("FCPA"), was enacted for the purpose of making it unlawful for certain classes of persons and en ies to make payments to foreign government officials to assist in obtaining or retaining business. Specifically, the anti-bribery provisions of the FCPA prohibit the willful use of the mails or any means of instrumentality of interstate commerce corruptly in furtherance of any offer, payment, promise to pay, or authorization of the payment of money or anything of value to any person, while knowing that all or a portion of such money or thing of value will be offered, given or promised, directly or indirectly, to a foreign official to influence the foreign official in his or her official capacity, induce the foreign official to do or omit to do an act in violation of his or her lawful duty, or to secure any improper advantage in order to assist in obtaining or retaining business for or with, or directing business to, any person.

Since 1977, the anti-bribery provisions of the FCPA have applied to all U.S. persons and certain foreign issuers of securities. With the enactment of certain amendments in 1998, the anti-bribery provisions of the FCPA now also apply to foreign firms and persons who cause, directly or through agents, an act in furtherance of such a corrupt payment to take place within the territory of the United States.

The FCPA also requires companies whose securities are listed in the United States to meet its accounting provisions. See 15 U.S.C. § 78m. These accounting provisions, which were designed to operate in tandem with the anti-bribery provisions of the FCPA, require corporations covered by the provisions to (a) make and keep books and records that accurately and fairly reflect the transactions of the corporation and (b) devise and maintain an adequate system of internal accounting controls.

Read text of the law here:
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/78dd-2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There must be a way for IC to see real estate sales where,eg, a $2M Trump property sold for $10M to a Russian oligarch. Money laundering.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-27-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG going full boutons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG going full boutons.
    It's been that way since the election. It's just not as noticeable because he only shows up for an hour once a week or so and then he has to go back to his fetal position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bouton's never flinched at the election, just kept talking as usual. Gotta give him credit for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bouton's never flinched at the election, just kept talking as usual. Gotta give him credit for that.
    Liberal ducks who posts the whole article instead of just the link

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Reck came back after a couple weeks in hiding.

I never thought RG was so fragile but he is the one who was convinced we were on the verge of permanent Democrat control so the election must have him harder. He even thought Hillary had a shot at Texas

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I never thought RG was so fragile but he is the one who was convinced we were on the verge of permanent Democrat control so the election must have him harder. He even thought Hillary had a shot at Texas
    i believe he is being paid, and he will confirm it, if you ask.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    More fake news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "almost certainly"...

Random Maddow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "almost certainly"...

Random Maddow
    She would be so much happier with a husband and kids. What a lustful deceitful creature she has become.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She would be so much happier with a husband and kids. What a lustful deceitful creature she has become.
    She? I thought it was a dude.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigCredit is behind all this.
    Can't believe the snake fell into the BigTrap.

We don't give credit For being an unflinching neanderthal idealogue.
    I don't think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She? I thought it was a dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she'd be as happy with a husband as you would be

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're re ed. I never left.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8787706
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8787712
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8787717

You can follow the trail of posts from nov 9th and onward. snakeboi

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Random, you are outdoing yourself by posting and believing it from the New Yorker.

They haven't seen his tax returns, and make this bull up with no evidence.

The IRS sees his tax return every year and are good with it.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    RG going full boutons.
    I'm starting to believe one is the other's sock puppet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random, you are outdoing yourself by posting and believing it from the New Yorker.

They haven't seen his tax returns, and make this bull up with no evidence.

The IRS sees his tax return every year and are good with it.
    Meh, While I think Random's article is way out there and far fetch, I do think there is always something up with his taxes. As per Trump's own admission, he gets audited almost every year. Why?

They probably find something off and he has to always pay a fine because of it then he's squared.

If would be interesting if the IRS had a public record of the people who default and who gets a penalty and such.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Meh, While I think Random's article is way out there and far fetch, I do think there is always something up with his taxes. As per Trump's own admission, he gets audited almost every year. Why?

They probably find something off and he has to always pay a fine because of it then he's squared.

If would be interesting if the IRS had a public record of the people who default and who gets a penalty and such.
    They might be tipped off by enemies that there is a problem, and the IRS never finds it.

Or... and this is another guess, maybe all these big players regularly get audited.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just three posts...you're no fun.

I miss the old RG. It was fun making something up and having him do 2 days of research trying to disprove it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might be tipped off by enemies that there is a problem, and the IRS never finds it.

Or... and this is another guess, maybe all these big players regularly get audited.
    being indebted to Russians by $100Ms isn't an IRS crime

hiding your inebtedness and vulnerability to blackmail as a public servant violates US law, so Trash is being sued

btw, has anybody seen the traditional US Navy/Bethesda doctors' report on PVL illegit, so-called Pres Trash's health?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-28-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Thread Information