Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Kawhi is a liability from deep? Jesus you're an opportunistic fat ass. Maybe I should've called Klay and Steph liabilities when they were going 0-10 from deep during their losing streak.

He'll explode once in a while but on average you wouldn't get more points out of Klay.
    You don't understand basketball. This is well known. A liability is someone who has the green light because they've been successful in the past, but they are struggling but continue to fire away. Consider Kawhi instead takes the ball inside and gets to the FT line instead of taking another 3 and airballing or clanking it (his shot has been more of a line drive lately, he's lost some arc).

On average you'd get more points out of Klay if the team was built to get him the ball like they do with Leonard. You saying otherwise is just you flapping your gums.

FGAs are around the same and scoring as a first option is harder than scoring as a third option, idiot.

but but 37 points
    1st option means you have the play drawn up for you to score. I don't care how hard it is. That's not even the argument. Sure, KL can make tougher scoring drives than Klay can make, but Klay doesn't need to. So which point are you trying to argue now? Klay's best game and best quarter dwarf KL's and he holds the NBA record for points in a quarter. KL is very efficient, but not a volume scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said anything about fair? The only team ahead of us has 4 all stars and two league MVPs on their primes. Facts are facts.
    So they have guys who were voted into awards. Which of these people you mention ever won a Finals MVP? Spurs have 2 Finals MVP winners on the floor, should be 3 if Pau got justice, 4 if Manu got justice as well.

The Warriors didn't have Durant tonight, so they only have one league MVP on the floor and 3 all stars. Spurs have 2 All stars and 4 HOFers and a HOF coach. It wasn't a talent issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm not suggesting Kawhi isn't our best player, just that you can't take him and him alone and then "build" an offense around him. He'll very much need a 1B penetrating/3 point shooting guard as his running mate. Fanboys seem to think that because you can't build around him, it somehow "insults" his playing ability or his status as a top 3 NBA player.
    The ball seems to stop moving when KL gets it. It's almost like he's not part of the "beautiful game" as much as the other, less talented folks are, that he's determined to score once he gets it or he just passes right away, but not necessarily for better ball position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they have guys who were voted into awards. Which of these people you mention ever won a Finals MVP? Spurs have 2 Finals MVP winners on the floor, should be 3 if Pau got justice, 4 if Manu got justice as well.

The Warriors didn't have Durant tonight, so they only have one league MVP on the floor and 3 all stars. Spurs have 2 All stars and 4 HOFers and a HOF coach. It wasn't a talent issue.
    Cut the bull , our players aren't in their primes. And those players were voted into the all star game for a reason. And crofl and not a talent issue. So it's not a talent issue when your starting PG and center had 2 combined points? What was the issue then? Enlighten me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ball seems to stop moving when KL gets it. It's almost like he's not part of the "beautiful game" as much as the other, less talented folks are, that he's determined to score once he gets it or he just passes right away, but not necessarily for better ball position.
    It also stops moving with lafatcan, I don't see you calling him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RobD is melting down

Such a fanboy.

Look:

An NBA analysis of shooting from specific distances helps to clarify some of the idea of what is a good and bad shot. They analyzed shooting percentages for a season from various spots.

0-5 feet- 57% 1.14 point per shot
    6-11 feet- 37% 0.74 points per shot
    12-17 feet- 38% 0.76 points per shot
    18- the line- 39% 0.78 points per shot
    Threes- 35% 1.05 points per shot
    Foul Shots- 77% 1.54 points per trip to line (2 shots)

The most efficient three ways to score are:
    #1- Shooting free throws
    #2- Shooting layups
    #3- Shooting three point shots
    Kawhi takes over 50% of his shots from the midrange:

James Harden takes 27% of his shots from the midrange.

The Rockets are a 51 win team and the second best player on that squad is Trevor Ariza

Now before Diaz, Apa, and other helmets have a hissy fit, no, I would not want Harden over Kawhi. I'm just illustrating that it's easier to build a team in a vacuum around Harden type players than it is Kawhi type players. Ultimately, Kawhi + right talent >> Harden + right talent. But Harden is compatible with more types of talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cut the bull , our players aren't in their primes. And those players were voted into the all star game for a reason. And crofl and not a talent issue. So it's not a talent issue when your starting PG and center had 2 combined points? What was the issue then? Enlighten me.
    Why did we beat them on opening night with the same players?

Did they get more talented with Durant out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RobD is melting down

Such a fanboy.

Look:

The Rockets are a 51 win team and the second best player on that squad is Trevor Ariza

Now before Diaz, Apa, and other helmets have a hissy fit, no, I would not want Harden over Kawhi. I'm just illustrating that it's easier to build a team in a vacuum around Harden type players than it is Kawhi type players. Ultimately, Kawhi + right talent >> Harden + right talent. But Harden is compatible with more types of talent.
    How many rings does harden ball have? Who has the better record? Try harder bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't understand basketball. This is well known. A liability is someone who has the green light because they've been successful in the past, but they are struggling but continue to fire away. Consider Kawhi instead takes the ball inside and gets to the FT line instead of taking another 3 and airballing or clanking it (his shot has been more of a line drive lately, he's lost some arc).

On average you'd get more points out of Klay if the team was built to get him the ball like they do with Leonard. You saying otherwise is just you flapping your gums.
    lol if the team was built around Klay

Lmk when that happens. Until then your argument is , fat boy. He isn't capable of carrying that weight.

1st option means you have the play drawn up for you to score. I don't care how hard it is. That's not even the argument. Sure, KL can make tougher scoring drives than Klay can make, but Klay doesn't need to. So which point are you trying to argue now? Klay's best game and best quarter dwarf KL's and he holds the NBA record for points in a quarter. KL is very efficient, but not a volume scorer.
    lol implying Klay does have plays run for him
    lol implying Klay can be a first option but just 'doesn't need to be'
    lol but but 37 points

outta here with your weak , fat boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did we beat them on opening night with the same players?

Did they get more talented with Durant out?
    You mean a team with a new starting small forward who had never played in their system? You're trolling right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many rings does harden ball have? Who has the better record? Try harder bruh.
    How many rings does Kawhiball have?

Oh, you think the 2014 Spurs were built around him

And you're still missing the in' point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of funny how no one ever seemed to have a problem when Tony porker was chucking us out of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it stops with Kawhi and LMA. That's by design. That's what iso-ball is. I don't like it at all, but that's Pop's offense now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many rings does Kawhiball have?

Oh, you think the 2014 Spurs were built around him

And you're still missing the in' point.
    Doesn't matter, Kawhi has a ring and finals MVP. He also has the 2nd best record in the league this season. And what's the point? Harden ball is a better system than Kawhi ball? Says who? You? And when the spurs beat the roxs in the playoffs then what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter, Kawhi has a ring and finals MVP. He also has the 2nd best record in the league this season. And what's the point? Harden ball is a better system than Kawhi ball? Says who? You? And when the spurs beat the roxs in the playoffs then what?
    Yeah. Hardenball is a better system in a vacuum. Not says me, says cold hard numbers.

The Spurs should win that series considering Trevor Ariza is their 2nd best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Hardenball is a better system in a vacuum. Not says me, says cold hard numbers.

The Spurs should win that series considering Trevor Ariza is their 2nd best player.
    Cold hard more like it. Let me know when harden wins a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol if the team was built around Klay

Lmk when that happens. Until then your argument is , fat boy. He isn't capable of carrying that weight.
    On that team he doesn't need to. He's a all star even with Steph and KD on the team. He pulled their ass out of the fire last year in the WCF. I don't recall Kawhi doing that for SA. so you're saying if he doesn't leave and go to a team where he's the 1st option, then by default your take is correct? desperate times...
    lol implying Klay does have plays run for him
    lol implying Klay can be a first option but just 'doesn't need to be'
    lol but but 37 points

outta here with your weak , fat boy.
    Klay doesn't have plays run for him. Are you a ing idiot? He's not a 1st option.
    Klay can be a 1st option and has been and won the ing WCF because of it.
    lol but recovering from a 3-1 deficit to beat the team that beat Kawhi..

dumbass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RobD is melting down

Such a fanboy.

Look:

Compatible with more types of talent, sure. But how much does that really matter if the ceiling isn't higher? Harden' s teams haven't done in the playoffs. Nash's teams never got over the hump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it stops with Kawhi and LMA. That's by design. That's what iso-ball is. I don't like it at all, but that's Pop's offense now.
    I know what iso ball is, but there's no real iso play, as KL has to work his way through the crowd. The ball just stops. It did that as well before KL was the 1st option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cold hard more like it. Let me know when harden wins a ring.
    Harden led teams have had more success in the post-season than Kawhi-led teams.

Kawhi has never been to a WCF as "the man."

But yeah, 2014, even though Duncan was the best player on the Spurs over the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And since when do harden and the roxs play defense? Would be pretty easy for kawhi and the spurs to chuck 50 3s a game if all they did was sucks on defense like harden and the rockets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's insulting to question an offense built around a SF, tbh..not just Kawhi, you could say the same thing about Durant, Carmelo, etc..it's just more natural to build an offense around a guard or a post big(in previous eras), as we've seen throughout history..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a lot of proving to do in the playoffs as the #1 option, tbh. The Clippers series demons are still not fully exorcised..

I think it's part-personnel, part-style, but he shouldn't be getting taken out of games like that..Green/Aldridge legitimately had bigger impact on the ball game tonight..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compatible with more types of talent, sure. But how much does that really matter if the ceiling isn't higher? Harden' s teams haven't done in the playoffs. Nash's teams never got over the hump.
    You act as if the goal is to get the ring without getting by the Warriors and Rockets first. The Thunder haven't rang but they've rang the Spurs bells a few times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have Kawhi-led teams?

2015, first round exit.

2016. 67 wins, 2nd round exit.

Harden got to the WCF one year.

And don't give me the 2014 bull . Kawhi led that team as much as Kirby led the 3 peat Lakers.

Thread Information