My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That jinx.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Every pitcher sucked this WS aside from Morton and Wood. Juiced/slicked balls.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/wo...-kenley-jansen
    Dodgers choked fair and square, tbh. Had nothing to do with the balls.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That game 2 loss looms large as . This one as well. Probably going 7. I don't know though. The bullpens are terrible. Probably the best WS I've seen in a while. 15 years actually.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad that I don't have an active rooting interest in either of these teams. I can't recall a series in which teams have traded multiple haymakers within the confines of the individual games it self. Usually its teams taking turns pulling out decisive victories, this series has two teams responding each others crooked inning right away in kind. Slicks/juiced balls or not, this is fun to watch.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And sure enough, the talking heads on Around The Horn are trying their best to diminish the quality of the Astros' win. If it was the Dodgers who won last night and lead 3-2, they'd be all over their nuts. None of this, "oh but but the balls", or "this is not good baseball!" bull would be said. Places like NY, LA, and Chicago are cool cities but their teams, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad that I don't have an active rooting interest in either of these teams. I can't recall a series in which teams have traded multiple haymakers within the confines of the individual games it self. Usually its teams taking turns pulling out decisive victories, this series has two teams responding each others crooked inning right away in kind. Slicks/juiced balls or not, this is fun to watch.
    Yeah, bro, but as a baseball fan I'm sure you'll agree this kind of baseball is one-dimensional. These games are okay once in a while, but if baseball continues down the homerun or nothing philosophy, it'll rob the game of pretty much every nuance. For instance, my favorite moment of last year's game 7 wasn't the Davis homer, the Zobrist double, it was that heads up, risky tag up by Almora that put him in scoring position. If Bryant dingered there, we're robbed of that brilliant moment.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, bro, but as a baseball fan I'm sure you'll agree this kind of baseball is one-dimensional. These games are okay once in a while, but if baseball continues down the homerun or nothing philosophy, it'll rob the game of pretty much every nuance. For instance, my favorite moment of last year's game 7 wasn't the Davis homer, the Zobrist double, it was that heads up, risky tag up by Almora that put him in scoring position. If Bryant dingered there, we're robbed of that brilliant moment.
    I think it'll be a cyclical thing. Kind of shifts through the years. I like home runs. I went to a Dodger game during the regular season and there were 3 hit and it was still a 3-1 game. So I mean, I guess these 13-12 games do rob you of a sense of the nuanced part of the game, but to me the bigger "meh" is the feel of analytic comprehension killing the days of complete games. but other than that; this too shall pass. Except in Minute Maid Park. That place is just a homer despot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that you are correct. Games like the these are special because they are unexpected and rare. They would lose their appeal if MLB were to supplement this uppercut big swing era with juiced balls and making them a frequent occurrence.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I didn't hate the Dodgers, I'd root against the Astros based on this:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Then again, having been to a Dodgers game, I know their fans are much less civil on the whole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The guy who threw it was her brother-in-law tbh, it wasn't just a random occurrence. Besides, that happens all the time.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy who threw it was her brother-in-law tbh, it wasn't just a random occurrence. Besides, that happens all the time.
    The guy is still a deuche, tbh. Maybe, I'm just soft these days. When I was younger I could see myself pulling this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it'll be a cyclical thing. Kind of shifts through the years. I like home runs. I went to a Dodger game during the regular season and there were 3 hit and it was still a 3-1 game. So I mean, I guess these 13-12 games do rob you of a sense of the nuanced part of the game, but to me the bigger "meh" is the feel of analytic comprehension killing the days of complete games. but other than that; this too shall pass. Except in Minute Maid Park. That place is just a homer despot.
    I also dislike that. I'm not a fan of the deep bullpen movement, either. Would like to see a rule change that limits pitching changes to one per inning or that starters have to go at least 6 innings in a game with less than a 3 run deficit or something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that you are correct. Games like the these are special because they are unexpected and rare. They would lose their appeal if MLB were to supplement this uppercut big swing era with juiced balls and making them a frequent occurrence.
    It's as unaesthetic as walking down the court and chucking a contested 3. I hate watching hitters trying to launch and whiff like little leaguers (you know from watching Baez). And it results in too many strikeouts. Strikeouts are the most boring baseball event more often than not (a strikeout after a 10 pitch battle with the bases loaded is a different story). I want to see an athlete like Baez lace a double and turn into a triple. A stretch a bloop single into a double. like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not excusing the Dodgers because of the balls. Astros pitchers are similarly struggling. It's a constant variable for both teams. I just don't like dinger or nothing baseball. It's as silly as Rockets basketball. Hopefully that game and this World Series is just a anomaly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not excusing the Dodgers because of the balls. Astros pitchers are similarly struggling. It's a constant variable for both teams. I just don't like dinger or nothing baseball. It's as silly as Rockets basketball. Hopefully that game and this World Series is just a anomaly.
    Considering three out of the five games had 8 or less combined runs and that second game saw a lot of its damage done over extras, I think this game was definitely an anomoly. Not saying the homers will stop (since both these teams have power hitters aplenty), but things should return to normal. Then again, with both pitching staffs looking gassed this could be a normal affair the rest of the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering three out of the five games had 8 or less combined runs and that second game saw a lot of its damage done over extras, I think this game was definitely an anomoly. Not saying the homers will stop (since both these teams have power hitters aplenty), but things should return to normal. Then again, with both pitching staffs looking gassed this could be a normal affair the rest of the way.
    My biggest fear as a baseball fan is that this power hitting trend to sell out for homers above all else will become the "new game." How I always complain about the NBA's 3 point shooting addiction leading to the death of the post-game and mid-range, dingerball will lead to the death of pretty much everything baseball aside from homers and strikeouts. Less balls in play, bigger players (a league of Adam Dunns everywhere aside from CF, SS, and 2B), less situational hitting, less stolen bases, etc, etc. Joey Gallo is pretty much the archetypical dingerball player. More homeruns than basehits

I loved that 2015 Royals team. Killed you with speed, contact hitting, defense, and was the hardest team in the league to strikeout but yet was also toward the bottom in homeruns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line it: Who wins Game 6?

I think Dodgers are going to get to Verlander. Not huge, but enough to pull it out.

Roberts will do something stupid again, but not enough to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line it: Who wins Game 6?

I think Dodgers are going to get to Verlander. Not huge, but enough to pull it out.

Roberts will do something stupid again, but not enough to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    I think we're dead men walking.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Bregman is clutch as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Verlander is rolling tonight.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Verlander is dealing so far.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Yuli getting well-deserved boos.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    IMO, it's only a matter of time before Hill gets s ed. He's already given up a number of well-hit balls.

Thread Information