Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Alas, The Streak is over. But it's okay, we've got a lot of baseball left to be played.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Alas, The Streak is over. But it's okay, we've got a lot of baseball left to be played.
    Seriously, that was an awesome streak. If I wasn't a Royals fan, I would have wished for the streak to continue. Good luck to the Tribe the rest of the way.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fark!
    Choking teams vs Minnesota.

I'm still holding out hope that Trout can lead the Angels beyond Skoskas incompetence.
    They don't have the line-up to win consistently, imo. But "hope" all the same, I guess.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Seriously, that was an awesome streak. If I wasn't a Royals fan, I would have wished for the streak to continue. Good luck to the Tribe the rest of the way.
    Thanks. The 2015 Royals are the template. They suffered a heartbreaking Game 7 World Series loss and came back the next year to win the whole thing; hopefully the Tribe can do the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have the line-up to win consistently, imo. But "hope" all the same, I guess.
    Also gotta keep Implosion Bedrosian out of any and all high leverage situations. Only 2 gb of the WC, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing run. I really though Frankie was going to come up big again. Looked too amped up there, swinging at some bad pitches unfortunately. You could tell he wanted it bad.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Amazing run. I really though Frankie was going to come up big again. Looked too amped up there, swinging at some bad pitches unfortunately. You could tell he wanted it bad.
    He was definitely pressing and when you start pressing and playing outside of yourself to keep the streak going, that's a good time for the streak to end.

BTW, looks like the Dodgers have their mojo back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indians are playing magical baseball. So smart at the plate, too. I'd love to see their combined average/ops on 2 strike counts. They simply don't chase and know how to punish outer half payoff pitches by going opposite way.
    They will either roll everyone through and keep winning going into the playoffs or they will get stopped cold turkey like what happened to the Dodgers.

I think they're using all their luck on the home stretch.

Kinds of reminds me of the Red Sox last year. Stout coming in and got outed in the first round. Ironically by this same Indians.

Hopefully the roles reverse this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will either roll everyone through and keep winning going into the playoffs or they will get stopped cold turkey like what happened to the Dodgers.

I think they're using all their luck on the home stretch.

Kinds of reminds me of the Red Sox last year. Stout coming in and got outed in the first round. Ironically by this same Indians.

Hopefully the roles reverse this time.
    Any of the AL division leaders have a shot at winning the pennant. All have strong starting pitching with Cy Young level aces (Kluber, Sale, Keuchel), strong closers (Kimbrel, Giles, Allen). Indians do have the bullpen edge with Andrew Miller and Shaw, but Miller isn't invulnerable, as we saw in the WBC and last year's World Series. Red Sox Achilles is their lack or power, but they try to compensate that with pressuring on the basepads. Their below league average OPS+ is concerning though. Indians beat them on paper, but it's baseball where the choke factor matters more than anything else.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More impressive streak: Cleveland Indians winning 22 in a row or Hillary Clinton's book 'What Happened' at 48-and-counting five-star reviews in a row on Amazon?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of the AL division leaders have a shot at winning the pennant. All have strong starting pitching with Cy Young level aces (Kluber, Sale, Keuchel), strong closers (Kimbrel, Giles, Allen). Indians do have the bullpen edge with Andrew Miller and Shaw, but Miller isn't invulnerable, as we saw in the WBC and last year's World Series. Red Sox Achilles is their lack or power, but they try to compensate that with pressuring on the basepads. Their below league average OPS+ is concerning though. Indians beat them on paper, but it's baseball where the choke factor matters more than anything else.
    I feel a little less concerned about Red Sox inability to hit the ball hard in the playoffs.

I think most teams step up big time and make it a game of will in GO time. Honestly I'm more worried about Red Sox ability to choke at will during these winding times going INTO the playoffs.

Yankees can still nip them.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    under no circmstance this chicago cubs team going to lose to the nationals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admire ur confidence. Cubbies have played very well since the ASB, but the Nats will still give us a all we can handle.

PS I'm more worried about facing Godphy than I am of either Hairper or Strikezer, tbh.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This postseason field is a monster. Potentially three 100-win teams, eight +100 run-differential teams, potentially three or even four teams with +200 run differentials, Dodgers and Indians teams that had long all-time dominant RS stretches, the defending champions... I don't know for sure but this has got to be the strongest field in a very long time.

From my standpoint it sucks that maybe the best Tribe team since 1948 has to face this kind of field, but whatever. If it's meant to happen it'll happen; if it isn't it won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This postseason field is a monster. Potentially three 100-win teams, eight +100 run-differential teams, potentially three or even four teams with +200 run differentials, Dodgers and Indians teams that had long all-time dominant RS stretches, the defending champions... I don't know for sure but this has got to be the strongest field in a very long time.

From my standpoint it sucks that maybe the best Tribe team since 1948 has to face this kind of field, but whatever. If it's meant to happen it'll happen; if it isn't it won't.
    Just about to come here to post this. Indians pitching vs. Astros offense is a match made in baseball heaven. But it's baseball, and I'm not overlooking the Yanks/Twins or Sox playing spoiler. Post-season is a different animal of pressure (although the Indians are the best equipped on that front, I think).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised at that take, considering the 3 headed monster of Scherzer, Strasberg, and Gonzalez. Cubs pitching has been lukewarm all year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Sox were touch and go there but finally clinched the AL East division. you Yankees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Altuve has to be the MVP choice, right?

Or did Judge heat up enough in time to challenge

By this I mean what the media s vote, I mean amongst us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give it to Altuve. But it's close enough that you can't really fault someone for giving it to either of them. Judge bouncing back from is post ASB slump definitely made this a very interesting race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game to start the postseason imo.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I hope the Tribe kick their ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game to start the postseason imo.
    Indeed. Gotta love post-season pressure, where solid pitchers like Santana and Severino turn into Bud Norris.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I hope the Tribe kick their ass.
    The Yankees are a formidable opponent with their lineup and their bullpen. But if the Indians are as good as I think they are, they'll handle business.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Diamondbacks/Rockies tonight is going to be amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn!

Thread Information