Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

1. myles garret, DE- Texas A&M

2. mitch trubisky, QB- North Carolina
    3. jamal adams, S- LSU

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This is a case where the Jags should try for a QB imo. It feels like they have a lot of decent pieces and just need something to bring it all together. Then again its the Jags; they'd find a way to it up even if they drafted a Manning/Brady-tier QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yea they need a QB but i think they are still set on bortles smh.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I think they go after Jonathan Allen

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    It's gonna be 4Net.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Fournette

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Fournette is like the injury prone version of Zeke.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Fournette is like the injury prone version of Zeke.
    Shutup . If we were saying Solomon who I like better you would say the same . Not trying to compare but I said the same thing about AP coming out of OU. I was wrong. We never know about injuries or busts.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Shutup . If we were saying Solomon who I like better you would say the same . Not trying to compare but I said the same thing about AP coming out of OU. I was wrong. We never know about injuries or busts.
    Solomon Thomas? I think you have enough DEs unless you moved Calais Campbell to 3-Tech DT (which is probably best fit for him anyway in a 4-3 defense)

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If this exact thing happened at #4 overall two years in a row, I guess that puts to bed the "RBs are replaceable" theory.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    stop drafting running backs ffs

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    stop drafting running backs ffs

The jags have a good history of drafting rbs. The one real miss and it's kind of early yet is 2nd round pick TJ Yeldon from Alabama. The last RB the Jags drafted in the first round was Fred Taylor. If anything it's the one safe position they've drafted over the years. Your comment seems out of place.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Solomon Thomas? I think you have enough DEs unless you moved Calais Campbell to 3-Tech DT (which is probably best fit for him anyway in a 4-3 defense)
    Jags are never set with pass rusher I rather have more than none at all. Plus it's a trait of Tom Coupling to build the trenches. But he also always has a bruising running attack. It'll be interesting to see which way they go.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The jags have a good history of drafting rbs. The one real miss and it's kind of early yet is 2nd round pick TJ Yeldon from Alabama. The last RB the Jags drafted in the first round was Fred Taylor. If anything it's the one safe position they've drafted over the years. Your comment seems out of place.
    its not related to the jags, it's related to everyone. Including dallas.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    its not related to the jags, it's related to everyone. Including dallas.
    Maybe im dense here but I still don't understand why you don't want teams to draft a RB.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe im dense here but I still don't understand why you don't want teams to draft a RB.
    Probably because the patties haven't in a while or something silly. Drafting trends come and go in cycles.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The reason is that it's had an incredibly low rate of success the last 10 years. Outside of Adrian Peterson and Zeke (who could still have a short shelf life and be done in 2-3 years), can you name one RB taken in the first who turned into a great pick?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The reason is that it's had an incredibly low rate of success the last 10 years. Outside of Adrian Peterson and Zeke (who could still have a short shelf life and be done in 2-3 years), can you name one RB taken in the first who turned into a great pick?
    Off the top of my head...and some might outside of the last 10 years:

Edgerrin James, Ladanian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Larry Johnson, Todd Gurley, Chris Johnson? I don't remember if he went in the first round, tbh..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Off the top of my head...and some might outside of the last 10 years:

Edgerrin James, Ladanian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Larry Johnson, Todd Gurley, Chris Johnson? I don't remember if he went in the first round, tbh..
    Gurley is decent.... but why are the LAR a sub .500 team despite having a myriad of superstars on defense...? Similar applies to Gordon, though the Chargers aren't that great on defense either.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Probably because the patties haven't in a while or something silly. Drafting trends come and go in cycles.
    Patriots like to sign cheap RBs that others consider second tier or washed up. Hence why a L. Blount kept going back there multiple times. They also know they can find cheap scat backs in late rounds and UDFA with raw speed who they can coach up and work in their offense, like D. Lewis and (especially) J. White who was huge in the SB. I'd like to see what they can do with Chris McCaffrey if he falls to their pick. He'd instantly have among the highest FBIQ for a running back in the league, he's not a bell cow, nor will he have the fastest 40 time but he's very versatile; he can line up anywhere as a receiver and is a heck of a route runner (and very smart, too). He's one of those guys you have a hard time taking off the field as an offensive coordinator because he's a threat from anywhere.
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 04-14-2017 at 08:52 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jags are never set with pass rusher I rather have more than none at all. Plus it's a trait of Tom Coupling to build the trenches. But he also always has a bruising running attack. It'll be interesting to see which way they go.
    You already have 4 legit DEs for Coughlin to get the passer with, that's enough. You need RB (Fournette can be a better Brandon Jacobs), OL, and take a mid round flyer on a QB because Bortles just isn't that great and is oblivious to pressure.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    You already have 4 legit DEs for Coughlin to get the passer with, that's enough. You need RB (Fournette can be a better Brandon Jacobs), OL, and take a mid round flyer on a QB because Bortles just isn't that great and is oblivious to pressure.
    I don't disagree.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    After jimmy smith and Keenan mccardell Jags couldn't pick a wr for . Matt ing Jones, Reggie Williams, TE Mercedes Lewis and Justin ing Blackmon. They all had one serviceable year each and that's debatable. But it didn't stop them from drafting marquees lee, Allen Robinson and signing I drafted rookie Allen Hurns. Point being keep drafting till you landem. Small market teams must build through the draft.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    very low return on investment. And almost surely leaves a big hole in some other area that can't be filled as easily.
    Last edited by Raven; 04-15-2017 at 04:03 AM.

Thread Information