Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    they have to play stupid with the "walkoffs = walking " can'ta-speaka-de-engleesh bads to save face.
    Next, they'll pretend they don't know that the word "tie" can refer to something other than what Messi wears to his tax-evasion trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    legendary
    walked off

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure all of those thousands of people had fun sitting around for 3 hours before the game was called

Don't worry, in this "sport" you can play a "double-header", two games in a single day!
    Damn, that's like 8 hours of epic drama!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    legendary
    walked off
    Best play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it does not get any better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a beisbol fan from my earliest childhood until a few years after college, so I know the game well. And when I think back, there are only 2 moments that are memorable to me. The first was drunk Harry Caray trying to pronounce Hideki Irabu. https://www.stucknut.com/takebox/?id=15f

The second is this:

Over 20 years as an MLB fan, and those are the only "wow" moments.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Here's a list of all the "wow" moments during my time watching Drug Mule Kickball:

-

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Here's a list of all the "wow" moments during my time watching Drug Mule Kickball:

-
    "Wow, is there anyone in this 'sport' that isn't a skinnyfat midget twink?"

"Wow, how can the refs keep rewarding these blatant flops?"

"Wow, another 0-0 tie. This 'sport' sucks hind ."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Baseball: thrilling walkoffs, extra-innings games, and a slew of Web Gems in the field already, two days into the new season

Soccer: "Remember that one time a soccer game was actually exciting ten years ago? That was great! Hopefully we'll get another one of those next decade!"
    Theres nothing thrilling about watching a bunch of fat s scratching their nuts and using sign language like a bunch of illiterate bagsii. I didn't even know baseball started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in the "thrilling" "sport" of Floptrot:

Same as it ever was. You either get ties or "tense" 2-1 games. Simply the worst designed major sport on the planet. But I'm sure they were cool highlights of attempted shots sailing 20 feet over the goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    Almost half the teams didn't even score.

"Thrilling"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in the "thrilling" "sport" of Floptrot:

Same as it ever was. You either get ties or "tense" 2-1 games. Simply the worst designed major sport on the planet. But I'm sure they were cool highlights of attempted shots sailing 20 feet over the goal.
    The non-scoring soccer highlights are better than the scoring highlights in baseball.

"Great, a home run. A guy threw the ball and another guy hit it with a stick". "Another home run. Again, the ball was thrown and the batter hit it. This time a little more to the right". "And another homerun. This is a moon shot. I can't contain my excitment as I'm pretending like I see the ball through the moving camera."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The non-scoring soccer highlights are better than the scoring highlights in baseball.

"Great, a home run. A guy threw the ball and another guy hit it with a stick". "Another home run. Again, the ball was thrown and the batter hit it. This time a little more to the right". "And another homerun. This is a moon shot. I can't contain my excitment as I'm pretending like I see the ball through the moving camera."
    Your average soccer highlight goes like this.

Guy makes cross pass to player. Player kicks ball 30 feet wide of the goal. Cue closeup shot of despondent player who missed. Rinse-repeat for 90 minutes, ending in what probably will be a tie game.

Also homerun>anything in soccer. Even midgets (like real midgets) can nutmeg, bicycle kick, and do all that shallow acrobatic they do in soccer, while a midget would never be able to hit a 98mph fastball 450 feet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a beisbol fan from my earliest childhood until a few years after college, so I know the game well. And when I think back, there are only 2 moments that are memorable to me. The first was drunk Harry Caray trying to pronounce Hideki Irabu. https://www.stucknut.com/takebox/?id=15f

The second is this:

Over 20 years as an MLB fan, and those are the only "wow" moments.
    No you don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your average soccer highlight goes like this.

Guy makes cross pass to player. Player kicks ball 30 feet wide of the goal. Cue closeup shot of despondent player who missed. Rinse-repeat for 90 minutes, ending in what probably will be a tie game.

Also homerun>anything in soccer. Even midgets (like real midgets) can nutmeg, bicycle kick, and do all that shallow acrobatic they do in soccer, while a midget would never be able to hit a 98mph fastball 450 feet.
    Good luck trying to convince anyone, with an ounce of objectivity in this matter, than this:

Is better than this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck trying to convince anyone, with an ounce of objectivity in this matter, than this:

Is better than this:

The "flash" argument is meritless, though. I'm more impressed when more difficult things are executed. Good goal scorers score a goal every other game (i.e. Messi scores one every .80 games). A great homerun hitter has never hit a homerun every other game in history. A homerun is simply the more difficult and thus impressive feat.

I mean, something in that foot volleyball game Asians play is ten times flashier and more impressive than anything you see in Floptrot, I guess logically, it's a "better game" than Floptrot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "flash" argument is meritless, though. I'm more impressed when more difficult things are executed. Good goal scorers score a goal every other game (i.e. Messi scores one every .80 games). A great homerun hitter has never hit a homerun every other game in history. A homerun is simply the more difficult and thus impressive feat.

I mean, something in that foot volleyball game Asians play is ten times flashier and more impressive than anything you see in Floptrot, I guess logically, it's a "better game" than Floptrot.
    Thousands and thousands of baseball players have hit home runs, only two persons on earth did something like this against professionals:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wait, why don't you apply that logic to goal scoring in general? You yourself have said soccer is low scoring, so wouldn't that make scoring a goal a difficult and thus impressive feat? Instead you complain about the low scoring. Talk about a double standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, why don't you apply that logic to goal scoring in general? You yourself have said soccer is low scoring, so wouldn't that make scoring a goal a difficult and thus impressive feat? Instead you complain about the low scoring. Talk about a double standard.
    Um, scoring in baseball doesn't just come via the homerun. We're talking about homeruns vs. goals. Not runs vs. goals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thousands and thousands of baseball players have hit home runs, only two persons on earth did something like this against professionals:

Now you're cherry picking specific types of goals.

I can easily counter that only one player has a hit an objectively verified 530 foot home run against professional compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, scoring in baseball doesn't just come via the homerun. We're talking about homeruns vs. goals. Not runs vs. goals.
    I get that. I'm just saying, why are you able to appreciate the rarity of a home run but not the rarity of a goal? By your logic, a goal should be considered an impressive feat because of the how difficult it is to score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that. I'm just saying, why are you able to appreciate the rarity of a home run but not the rarity of a goal? By your logic, a goal should be considered an impressive feat because of the how difficult it is to score.
    I don't dislike soccer nor goals.

I just argue against soccer being this ultimate test of endurance (it isn't) and then "valuing" soccer over other sports or claiming soccer players are better athletes because of that. Real talk, ANY athlete, even 300lb lineman, would be able to handle 5ish miles over 90 minutes with a 20 minute break in between. Even the soccer players who cover the most miles during a game (usually about 7ish) are only averaging 5mph speed over the match, which means they are doing A LOT of walking, light jogging, etc. Now obviously a lineman wouldn't be able to handle it as well as a soccer player, but he wouldn't collapse. Nor would a "fatball" player. Jose Fernandez, for instance, used to do 600 mile pelotons per week during Spring Training.

I also think soccer is rather poorly designed. But that's another argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most fun sports to watch (ballsports):
    1. Basketball
    2. Football
    3. Volleyball (men and women)
    4. American Football
    5. Tennis (men and women)
    6. Rugby
    7. Handball
    8. Icehockey

Everything else is .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My god soccer is the most overrated in history.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Some of the best highlights in baseball, like a slick defensive play in the infield, an acrobatic catch and throw from the outfield, or a stolen base, are not dependent on scoring. They would still be exciting even if they didn't keep score at all.

Floptrot's highlights: skinnyfat twink jogs around, pukes, gets the ball, pukes again, misses the goal, game ends 0-0. Once every five years: skinnyfat twink jogs around, pukes, gets the ball, pukes again, actually kicks it into the net, fans lose their minds from shock and confusion. Wow, what an amazing "sport" you have there.

Thread Information