Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Hockey was huge in the US in the '80s and '90s. That's why teams started moving/being awarded to non-traditional markets like Dallas, Miami, Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Raleigh, Anaheim, and San Jose.

Fans' attention spans have nothing to do with hockey's struggles here since then. The real reason is because Gary Bettman is an idiot. He's presided over three lockouts, cancelled an entire season, cost his league a TV deal with ESPN, put Stanley Cup Finals games on the Outdoor Life Network, and failed to market the NHL's stars. The NHL had a chance to be a truly national sport, and Bettman blew it. There's a reason he gets booed every year at the Stanley Cup presentation ceremony and the draft.
    Yeah but it's also because you can't grow up playing it in half the country, at least not in a natural environment.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Brantley walks it off against the White Sox ( Blizzardwizard) just now. Rizzo walked it off against the Dodgers last night.

It's only the first month and this baseball season is already more thrilling than the entire history of povertyball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey gots, Povertyball and Fatball are equally ing ty. /thread
    this
    Why did you list the same "sport" twice?
    you cant on one hand cheer mid on for calling floptrot players anorexic and then in the same breath call them fat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brantley walks it off against the White Sox ( Blizzardwizard) just now. Rizzo walked it off against the Dodgers last night.

It's only the first month and this baseball season is already more thrilling than the entire history of povertyball.
    That's a lot of walking in a short amount of time for beisbol players

Did they dieded?

Thread Information