My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who would win? Pats still? Or would the best other teams of the past few years make better adjustments after the Pats won game 1 (Peyton's Broncos, Cam's Panthers with their crazy D, the She-Hawks, Matty Ice and Julio Jones' Falcons). And what coaches would be exposed (Belichick I'm looking at you Mr. Deflate man) vs. which coaches would look like geniuses (any team coached by Rex Ryan or Pete Carroll, even though he cheats, or Andy Reid)?

I know a couple things, teams like the Ravens wouldn't have won , and teams like the Cardinals would have definitely won their Super Bowls over the flukey ass Black and Yellows). And the Packers would probably be pretty awesome in 7 game series due to their beast QB and coach. Peyton teams would have probably won more due t his massive forehead, but not sure about Brees' Saints. They strike me like a '07 Suns kind of team which can be figured out quickly in a series. Also take into account the usual home field advantage afforded in a series, not this bull every SB in a fancy new random stadium crap. So multiple games in Lambeau, Foxboro, Mile High etc.

Last 5 Super Bowls and my thoughts on them if they were played in a series:

XLVII February 3, 2013 Baltimore Ravens (10-6) @ San Francisco 49ers (11-4)
    Original Single-Game Score: 34-31 Ravens
    New Series Score: 4-1 9ers sponsored by Jed York and his love for charging players a dollar for each Gatorade they consume during the postgame celebration

XLVIII February 2, 2014 Seattle Sheahawks (13-3) @ Denver Broncos (13-3)
    Original Single-Game Score: 43-8 She-Hawks
    New Series Score: 4-3 Peytons (Demariyus Thomas ignores all of Peyton's audibles, steals the ball from the center and clean out jumps over Earl Thomas over and over, and Richard Sherman is stuck in someones stomach doing Oberto Beef Jerky commercials)

XLIX February 1, 2015 New England Cheatriots (12-4) @ Seattle Seahawks (12-4)
    Original Single-Game Score: 28-24 Cheatriots
    New Series Score: 4-2 She-Hawks (Marshawn Lynch gets the ball at the goal line the rest of the series and gets a huge ass pinata of Skittles dumped on him)

50 February 7, 2016 Denver Broncos (12-4) @ Carolina Newtons (15-1)
    Original Single-Game Score: 24-10 Peyton Mannings
    New Series Score: 4-1 Cam Newtons (that defense doe)

LI February 5, 2017 Atlanta Falcons (11-5) @ New England Cheatriots (14-2)
    Original Single-Game Score: 34-28 Cheatriots
    New Series Score: 4-1 Giselas (Home field advantage @ Foxboro, and Jones injures his big toe again stepping on a Dunkin Donut tossed onto the field by Marky Mark)
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 04-04-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nothing would change. The great players and coachs would rule.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nothing would change. The great players and coachs would rule.
    Meaning that WOULD change, because in single elimination is like any given Sunday, the Browns can beat the Patriots and vice versa.

But a 7 game series would never happen in the NFL. Not even 5. The best we could ever hope for is 3, but even that would string the playoffs out to March, which would shorten the combine and everything else. Unless we decided to have playoff games both Sundays AND Thursdays or something like that, which would be good for revenue but tiring as for the players.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Who would win? Pats still? Or would the best other teams of the past few years make better adjustments after the Pats won game 1 (Peyton's Broncos, Cam's Panthers with their crazy D, the She-Hawks, Matty Ice and Julio Jones' Falcons). And what coaches would be exposed (Belichick I'm looking at you Mr. Deflate man) vs. which coaches would look like geniuses (any team coached by Rex Ryan or Pete Carroll, even though he cheats, or Andy Reid)?

I know a couple things, teams like the Ravens wouldn't have won , and teams like the Cardinals would have definitely won their Super Bowls over the flukey ass Black and Yellows). And the Packers would probably be pretty awesome in 7 game series due to their beast QB and coach. Peyton teams would have probably won more due t his massive forehead, but not sure about Brees' Saints. They strike me like a '07 Suns kind of team which can be figured out quickly in a series. Also take into account the usual home field advantage afforded in a series, not this bull every SB in a fancy new random stadium crap. So multiple games in Lambeau, Foxboro, Mile High etc.

Last 5 Super Bowls and my thoughts on them if they were played in a series:

XLVII February 3, 2013 Baltimore Ravens (10-6) @ San Francisco 49ers (11-4)
    Original Single-Game Score: 34-31 Ravens
    New Series Score: 4-1 9ers sponsored by Jed York and his love for charging players a dollar for each Gatorade they consume during the postgame celebration

XLVIII February 2, 2014 Seattle Sheahawks (13-3) @ Denver Broncos (13-3)
    Original Single-Game Score: 43-8 She-Hawks
    New Series Score: 4-3 Peytons (Demariyus Thomas ignores all of Peyton's audibles, steals the ball from the center and clean out jumps over Earl Thomas over and over, and Richard Sherman is stuck in someones stomach doing Oberto Beef Jerky commercials)

XLIX February 1, 2015 New England Cheatriots (12-4) @ Seattle Seahawks (12-4)
    Original Single-Game Score: 28-24 Cheatriots
    New Series Score: 4-2 She-Hawks (Marshawn Lynch gets the ball at the goal line the rest of the series and gets a huge ass pinata of Skittles dumped on him)

50 February 7, 2016 Denver Broncos (12-4) @ Carolina Newtons (15-1)
    Original Single-Game Score: 24-10 Peyton Mannings
    New Series Score: 4-1 Cam Newtons (that defense doe)

LI February 5, 2017 Atlanta Falcons (11-5) @ New England Cheatriots (14-2)
    Original Single-Game Score: 34-28 Cheatriots
    New Series Score: 4-1 Giselas (Home field advantage @ Foxboro, and Jones injures his big toe again stepping on a Dunkin Donut tossed onto the field by Marky Mark)
    Your nicknames are out- ing-standing.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Posting in this thread for the nicknames. Will use again

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Ravens were kicking the out of SanFran and were the better team. It's idiotic to think the 9ers would have benefited from more games considering how much Kaep fell off once teams got used to his scrambling. You want to argue that Baltimore would lose to Denver in a series that year, and I can understand your point.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Niners wouldn't have even beaten the Falcons in a 7-game series that year, let alone the Ravens. They needed ref help just to barely squeak past Atlanta in the NFC le game. And even if they did get to the Super Bowl, the Ravens would have swept them. The Niners needed Goodell to kill the lights and the refs to give them every call and no-call just to make it compe ive. Even with that unprecedented level of help from the league, they STILL lost.

There's no way Fivehead, the ultimate choker, would have beaten the Seahawks in a seven-game series either.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Is this supposed to be a serious thread or not? For example, is Denver beating Seattle 4-3 (even though Seattle curbstomped them in historic fashion) a serious take, or was it supposed to just be a corny joke about Oberto Beef Jerky commercials?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Is this supposed to be a serious thread or not? For example, is Denver beating Seattle 4-3 (even though Seattle curbstomped them in historic fashion) a serious take, or was it supposed to just be a corny joke about Oberto Beef Jerky commercials?
    That's a good question.

This was actually an interesting idea until OP turned it into a nfl.com/tmz-esque cringeworthy article where the predictions aren't serious and are sprinkled in with unfunny jokes along with Fabbs-esque nicknames.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    Is this supposed to be a serious thread or not? For example, is the Dumbver Peytons beating Seadderall 4-3 (even though SheHawks curbstomped them in historic fashion) a serious take, or was it supposed to just be a corny joke about Oberto Beef Jerky commercials?
    Fixed. This thread is about the incredible nicknames, tbh.

Thread Information