Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    A young team that won how many games, like 25?
    32, but we had one of the youngest teams in the league and plenty of assets to keep building around Blake with.

'06 was a fluky year. The Clippers in '06 were the Sonics in '05. Fluky one hit wonder teams
    It took severe injuries to our top two point guards and the Mavs tanking like idiots to face the Warriors to keep us out of the playoffs in 2006-07. Then 2007-08 was ruined before it even began when Brand tore his Achilles during preseason workouts. The playoff appearance wasn't a fluke, the fact they only made the playoffs once with that core was the fluke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 gets a raw deal. Blake is a very good offensive player, but you can't depend on him defensively. Jordan is primarily a rebounder and good help defender. CP3 sets up offense for him. He'll never win one with this Clippers team. He would thrive with Spurs. Kawhi would be able to play off the ball and still actually get the ball. If he passes up on re-signing with the Clips I have to imagine the Spurs would be #1 on his list.
    I most certainly wouldn't rule it out. I feel like if the Clippers flame out early again this year, they'll start breaking the team up this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul is a great player but deep inside a loser... he is never the one to blame because he hides like a when times are tough. He quits on his team in those POs late 4th quarters games.

I'm not a big fan tbh
    Yet you consider Enrique a winner bc he was lucky enough to play alongside the great Timothy Duncan and the great Emmanuel Ginobili. Even though he's needed Claxton, Barry, Kerr, CoJo, and Paddy to bail his sorry ass out.

CP3 on the Spurs alongside Manu, TD, and towards the end Kawhi would've been the greatest modern day dynasty, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it won't happen in Paul case, dude avoid shooting in the clutch anyway because he is too afraid

For the rest it seems you both never play any compe ive sport. Shooting in the clutch during the finals, serving for the game in tennis for a great slam or whatever is the holy grail for your level etc... if you compare those moments to a normal play you are at best ignorant of how it works.
    Some will forget about pressure, others will freeze, others will avoid those moments and differ...
    Sure he does. More nonsense. According to cliché, vanilla fans, every player that doesn't have a championship(s) or at least fit the mold of a Jordan, Bryant, etc., is soft, a choker, etc.

I played plenty of compe ive sports, most notably basketball and I'm as compe ive as humanly possible . . . but that doesn't mean I don't have a brain and independent thoughts. Sure, some are more comfortable in clutch situations, but I'm talking about the results.

How someone can watch Choke Paul's playoff career and not believe that clutchness and choking exist is beyond me. Like, how often can you watch that got start overdribbling, bricking, turning it over and expecting Jamal Crawful/Jannero Pargo to bail him out down the stretch of playoff games before it sinks in that he can't be counted on in those situations? Plus he comes out passive and scared in nearly every elimination game.

Maybe his "sample size" would be bigger if he didn't choke against inferior or evenly-matched teams in Round 1 or 2 every year.
    I pretty much covered the majority of this above, but I'll add: the '15 WCSF is the only series he's lost that he absolutely should have won and he sure as didn't come out passive and scared in the '15 WCQF. He also didn't fail to come through in the clutch, but I guess that doesn't count because it doesn't fit the narrative. Also, as MaNu4Tres outlined, his playoff stats are ridiculous. The reality is, he's never played on a top 2 team in the conference and his stature makes it extremely difficult for him to be the best player on a championship team.

You're a moron.

In the playoffs, CP3 only has averaged: 21 points, 9 assists, 5 boards and 2 steals per game on 49% shooting 38% from 3. BPM of 8 for his playoff career, VORP of 6.5, PER of 25.5.

As a comparison. Our 4 time champion Tony Parker has avg.: 18 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds on 46% shooting, 30% from 3. BPM of 0 for his playoff career, VORP of 3.7 and PER of 16.8.

CP3 haters are morons.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you consider Enrique a winner bc he was lucky enough to play alongside the great Timothy Duncan and the great Emmanuel Ginobili. Even though he's needed Claxton, Barry, Kerr, CoJo, and Paddy to bail his sorry ass out.

CP3 on the Spurs alongside Manu, TD, and towards the end Kawhi would've been the greatest modern day dynasty, tbh.
    You forget that Manus sloppy play and Kawhis missed FT thwarted 2013 from being a championship that Parker wouldve been the hero of. That wouldve been another cherry on his already stellar career. Parker is a better scorer than CP3 and at one time was the best inside scorer of ANY player of ANY position in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32, but we had one of the youngest teams in the league and plenty of assets to keep building around Blake with.

It took severe injuries to our top two point guards and the Mavs tanking like idiots to face the Warriors to keep us out of the playoffs in 2006-07. Then 2007-08 was ruined before it even began when Brand tore his Achilles during preseason workouts. The playoff appearance wasn't a fluke, the fact they only made the playoffs once with that core was the fluke.
    that's the worst take ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure he does. More nonsense. According to cliché, vanilla fans, every player that doesn't have a championship(s) or at least fit the mold of a Jordan, Bryant, etc., is soft, a choker, etc.

I played plenty of compe ive sports, most notably basketball and I'm as compe ive as humanly possible . . . but that doesn't mean I don't have a brain and independent thoughts. Sure, some are more comfortable in clutch situations, but I'm talking about the results
    The results are obviously influenced by how much you are comfortable in clutch situations... tons of athlete are getting mental preparation for those moments but yet there is no such a thing about clutch so vanilla

what is vanilla is taking stat law and apply it whatever context is and say as a big hot take... clutch does not exist... news flash it does exist. The fact some are more or less comfortable is proof of that, there is no denial unless being an idiot that cp3 tends to defer in those moments see pargo and Pena to the rescue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ya you did not understand a single word of what I wrote... not that I'm surprised... you should see a doctor or better go to school brah... reading is not your strength, French pg hate is but not sure it will help your career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    that's the worst take ever.
    Do you not remember that season? The Mavs were so overconfident, they really did tank to face the Warriors. Two of their last six games of the season were against the Clippers and the Warriors. They played us at full strength and then rested all their starters against the Warriors. It was a monumentally idiotic decision, considering that we were starting Jason Hart at point guard at that point and we weren't one of those high-octane small-ball teams that gave the Mavs fits. But that's Avery Johnson for you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forget that Manus sloppy play and Kawhis missed FT thwarted 2013 from being a championship that Parker wouldve been the hero of. That wouldve been another cherry on his already stellar career. Parker is a better scorer than CP3 and at one time was the best inside scorer of ANY player of ANY position in the NBA.
    CP3 has always been the better player...and it's not even close

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of the CP3 vs Parker discussion, this is in part true. However, Timmy could've easily won the FMVP in 2013. Sad we won't know..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The results are obviously influenced by how much you are comfortable in clutch situations... tons of athlete are getting mental preparation for those moments but yet there is no such a thing about clutch so vanilla

what is vanilla is taking stat law and apply it whatever context is and say as a big hot take... clutch does not exist... news flash it does exist. The fact some are more or less comfortable is proof of that, there is no denial unless being an idiot that cp3 tends to defer in those moments see pargo and Pena to the rescue
    Of course stats and probability are not out of the equation. But that doesn't mean the mental aspect of the game is not critical in the clutch moments of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 gets a raw deal. Blake is a very good offensive player, but you can't depend on him defensively. Jordan is primarily a rebounder and good help defender. CP3 sets up offense for him. He'll never win one with this Clippers team. He would thrive with Spurs. Kawhi would be able to play off the ball and still actually get the ball. If he passes up on re-signing with the Clips I have to imagine the Spurs would be #1 on his list.
    Reasonable takes except Paul would never decline a max offer from the Clips. They can offer him tens of millions more than any other team. The only way CP3 leaves the Clips is if the Clips refuse to offer him a max deal (or close to it), and instead offer him a deal that is merely compe ive with what other teams can offer him. In that case, the Spurs would need to make some drastic moves (Parker) and strip their roster more than the Dubs did in order to sign Durant. Paul ain't coming to San Antonio.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Regardless of the CP3 vs Parker discussion, this is in part true. However, Timmy could've easily won the FMVP in 2013. Sad we won't know..
    Danny Green would have won it, until fatass said "I can't believe they're leaving him open!" and then got outplayed by Mario Chalmers down the stretch of the series.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green would have won it, until fatass said "I can't believe they're leaving him open!" and then got outplayed by Mario Chalmers down the stretch of the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I miss that Danny Green

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    who was the last player to take a paycut comparable to what cp3 would be doing to join the spurs? no one? the lakers could've paid dwight more than the rockets iirc, but i can't remember how much more.

david west comes to mind. that was only around ~$10 million though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, they're not. Bryant was about as confidence as they come, yet his "clutch" stats were terrible. The notion that athletes are more or less predisposed to perform based on the time of the game, is illogical.

Generally speaking, high IQ types understand end of game situations are about making the right play, not playing hero ball to satisfy cliché, vanilla fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, they're not. Bryant was about as confidence as they come, yet his "clutch" stats were terrible. The notion that athletes are more or less predisposed to perform based on the time of the game, is illogical.

Generally speaking, high IQ types understand end of game situations are about making the right play, not playing hero ball to satisfy cliché, vanilla fans.
    smh... speaking of vanilla take... of course you perform different, I doubt you ever played anything in your life tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did I say Porker wasn't a massive choke artist in his own right? Porker was dragged to his rings by Duncan, Manu and Kawhi. The guy gets outplayed by his own backups when it matters most.

The thing with Choke Paul is that he's talked about like he is a Duncan/Manu/Kawhi type of figure for his teams, not an Enrique Porker type of player who has to be carried by the Duncan/Manu/Kawhi types. He carries himself like a twelve-time champion, hogs the ball and screams at his teammates like they're holding him back from winning his thirteenth ring, and gets paid an obscene amount of money (and is about to sign a historic $210 million deal this summer). The media treats him with a level of reverence that they otherwise only reserve for champions who are easily marketable to casual fans. He puts up gaudy regular season stats and has rarely faced a significantly better team in the playoffs. And despite the easy ride he's had, he still can't get past round 2. It's pathetic.

I wouldn't be so hard on Choke Paul if he was willing to let Blake be the first option, take less money to win, take responsibility for his own playoff failures instead of hiding behind scapegoats, and stop being such a control freak. It would be nice if he stopped flopping and whining at refs, too. Right now, he's a totally unlikeable player who thinks he's so much better than he really is.

Those are some pretty freaking amazing numbers. I don't think the guy is an automatic 50-win guy, but dayum.

People bashing CP3 mostly don't understand that his "choking" was just like Steve Nash's "choking". They both broke themselves on the cliffs of Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP is the best PG tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    People bashing CP3 mostly don't understand that his "choking" was just like Steve Nash's "choking".
    In other words, actual choking that's always been excused away or blamed on other players by Media.

They both broke themselves on the cliffs of Tim Duncan.
    Duncan didn't play for the Kings when Bibby used to take wet s on Nash every year. Duncan didn't play for the Nuggets, Grizzlies, Rockets and Thunder teams that Paul choked against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Porker

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Better than Porker

Thread Information