Hometown: Overland Park, KS

DraftExpress

Draft Express: 2017 Mock Draft
    Last updated : April 10, 2017 at 11:34 am

#29 San Antonio Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone I'd really like on the team. I think a defensive big is a bigger need, but could see Semi really developing into a great player with Kawhi and Murray.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone I'd really like on the team. I think a defensive big is a bigger need, but could see Semi really developing into a great player with Kawhi and Murray.
    He's the type of big they desperately need, however I like Jordan Bell just a little better. Both are excellent defensive players and are effective in the PnR on both sides of the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the type of big they desperately need, however I like Jordan Bell just a little better. Both are excellent defensive players and are effective in the PnR on both sides of the court.
    What's up with lack of Guard Prospects though?

And this guy is a big at 6-7?

Unless he's draymond Green, why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Jordan Bell better because he's 6'9 but has a 6'11' wing span. ( higher ceiling defensively).

In my perfect world, Spurs could trade Kyle to Orlando and get their 2nd. And maybe get Bell in that slot. I like Pasecniks as well.

They have Hanga coming over next year, Hanga, Murray and Bertans will be new blood essentially. (This was Murray and Bertans redshirt rookie year because that's how Pop manages it when there's depth already that he respects ahead of the rookies.).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I changed my mind. I like Ojeleye more than Bell. I hope this guy can fall to Spurs at 29. But yes, there's lack of wing players from 20-40, but there's some very intriguing front-court prospects. I honestly like Ojeleye more than any prospect projected to go within 10-15 spots ahead of where he's projected to go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find this guy interesting but he's a SF/PF guy and i don't like that kind of tweener. Could be a nice addition tough, seems physical and athletic.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders: 2017 NBA Consensus Mock Draft – Ver 2.0
    By Basketball Insiders on May 10, 2017
    Each week, four of Basketball Insiders’ top writers will break down the latest news and notes surrounding the 2017 NBA Draft. Included is an updated mock draft that reflects how each writer sees the draft landscape based on the latest news, workouts, and information from the pre-draft process.

2017 NBA Consensus Mock Draft - Ver 2.0
    Moke Hamilton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: 2017 NBA Mock Draft, Week 27: The final randomized lottery
    by Chris Stone 5 hours ago [AKA 11 May 2017]

Draft status: In without an agent

If I were in charge of the San Antonio Spurs, one of the things that I’d take away from this playoff series against the Houston Rockets is how important it is to have versatile pieces who can come on the floor when the opposing team brings out a smaller lineup. That’s why SMU’s Semi Ojeleye is the pick here. The 6-foot-8 combo forward can play as a small ball four, defend multiple positions and bring some floor spacing to the offensive end.

Ojeleye isn’t an elite athlete, but he moves well enough and has the strength to defend bigger opponents. He has historically put up some nice box score numbers in terms of steals and blocks, but didn’t do that this season in SMU’s switch heavy scheme. Being able to bring him in as a versatile defender would be highly valuable for an organization like the Spurs.

Offensively, Ojeleye is at his best when he can take advantage of bigger opponents, but at worst he should be able to serve as a spot up shooter. he made 42.4 percent of his 3-point attempts as a junior after struggling during his first two seasons and sitting out a transfer year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    measurements:

6' 5.25'' without shoes

6' 6.75'' with shoes

6' 9.75'' wingspan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with lack of Guard Prospects though?

And this guy is a big at 6-7?

Unless he's draymond Green, why?
    I'm actually changing my stance on Ojeleye. I'm gravitating away. I prefer Jordan Bell a lot more.

As for guards/wings. There's not a lot of depth on the wing in this draft, but I like Josh Hart and Iwundu the best at around the 30-45 range.

I think the value in this draft at around 25-40 is in the front-court. I really really want Jordan Bell or DJ Wilson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Times-Picayune NOLA: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Traditional powers Celtics, Lakers, Sixers add young stars
    Ben Margot, Updated May 18, 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UPROXX Dime Magazine: We Try To Make Sense Of The Late Lottery In Our Latest NBA Mock Draft
    By Brad Rowland, 06.02.17

29. San Antonio Spurs – Semi Ojeleye (SF, SMU)

This would be such a Spurs pick. Ojeleye is just a very solid basketball player that can make shots with high efficiency. There are some minor basketball IQ concerns and he is something of a tweener, which explains the drop. In the end, this would be a fantastic landing spot for him and San Antonio would benefit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Predictions for Prospects Poised to Shake Up 1st Round
    Paul Kasabian
    June 12, 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Mock Draft 2017: 1st-Round Predictions and Safest Prospects in Class
    Andy Bailey
    June 11, 2017

Thread Information