Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Straight out of the trayvon Martin playbook.
    had there been video of how the entire martin incident played out, the character stuff would have been much less impactful tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what would have been the proper course of action for United to take under the cir stances? not talking about the whole system of overbooking, but in the particular incident at hand. ask a guy to leave, he says no. give up and ask somebody else? and if people can refuse to leave, what if everybody refuses?

not suggesting the level of force used here was appropriate. it wasn't. but realistically what is their course of action in general?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can skip all the outrage and discussion about police brutality since all the officers involved were black, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what would have been the proper course of action for United to take under the cir stances? not talking about the whole system of overbooking, but in the particular incident at hand. ask a guy to leave, he says no. give up and ask somebody else? and if people can refuse to leave, what if everybody refuses?

not suggesting the level of force used here was appropriate. it wasn't. but realistically what is their course of action in general?
    They could just find another flight for their employees

Its not like they were transporting a heart for an emergency transplant.

Let them wait for d next one. Its horrible customer service to kick ppl off a plane

Its like giving an O of merchandise to my customer just to take it away for my employee. Ppl get shot this way in my line of bizniz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knew what he was doing. He could have acted like an adult but chose to be dragged out kicking and screeching like a banshee. Like i said, what a ing pussy.
    Yup he decided to act a fool and got what was coming to him imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A million dollar check to settle the lawsuit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CEO just publicly apologized

They lost 700 million in 1 day

They got whats coming to them right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A million dollar check to settle the lawsuit?
    Is that what he got? I'd be surprised if this r got anything besides a complimentary bowl of rice. He got so caught up in his lie about 'muh patients' that he regressed to an adolescent within seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that what he got? I'd be surprised if this r got anything besides a complimentary bowl of rice. He got so caught up in his lie about 'muh patients' that he regressed to an adolescent within seconds.
    If he has 2 braincells he will get a couple of million from the airline.

Pretty good per minute salary fro his performance IMO

Props to him

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At that point their course of action should have been bumping their employees to the next flight. I'm fine with overbooking since bumps are extremely rare, but this should have been handled at the gate before boarding. Then there is no way it could have gotten physical and people would be more inclined to take the voucher + flight a couple of hours later offer. It's a lot easier to sell people on taking that offer before they're sitting in their seats and ready to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with dude refusing the order too. It's on the airline to keep increasing the offer until people take them up on it.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They lost 700 million in 1 day
    All over a few hundred bucks. Up the buyout to $1500 and other passengers would have given up their seat. Now there is outrage in Asian communities throughout the world. Getting trolled by Jordanian airlines was awesome. Late night TV making phony United commercials. United share holders have got to be pissed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

United should have kept upping the reward to leave until someone finally raised their hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with dude refusing the order too. It's on the airline to keep increasing the offer until people take them up on it.
    Ditto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big fat paycheck

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dr. Dao was no angel

So that gave them the right to beat him up and drag him off the plane?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We can skip all the outrage and discussion about police brutality since all the officers involved were black, right?

Well there's still a lot of outrage over the police brutality but yeah, I would say it's a 7 on the national outrage scale compared to the 10 it would've been if it was white on black.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thats why they picked a .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massive re alert. conservative hard liner way of thinking.

Re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah, i didnt realize it was for their employees. yeah, they should have just stuck them on the next flight instead of a passenger who already boarded

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count

Offer more money. They had that option and failed to use it. If they raised the reward to say $1,600 I'm sure they would have had enough takers. Dumb move by the Airline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that gave them the right to beat him up and drag him off the plane?
    Why not? If it's good for the Coloreds, it's good for the less-colored-but-still-colored-nonethelesses too, pal. Equal opportunity racism for all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offer more money. They had that option and failed to use it. If they raised the reward to say $1,600 I'm sure they would have had enough takers. Dumb move by the Airline.
    Or if they would have offered $800 in cash in addition to tickets to the next flight, instead of an $800 voucher plus tickets to the next flight.

Thread Information