My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, 25pts, 19 asst, 12 rb

Hate on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is better, and Kawhi's even more so.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Porker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? You think posting his point/rebound/assist totals is going to impress people who recognize the flaw in using point/rebound/assist totals to determine a player's value?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? You think posting his point/rebound/assist totals is going to impress people who recognize the flaw in using point/rebound/assist totals to determine a player's value?
    Jordan scored tonz of pointz so he is the goatz!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually yes. Even NBA analyst are saying what he is doing is incredible. When he has a triple double the Thunder have a .81 winning percentage and thats even better than the GSW. He also has 33 trip dubs and some players have never even had ONE!!! Its a very hard feat to do period. I guess since you have had multiple triple double yourself in pickup games its not a big deal to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol running up his stats in scrub minutes....a scrub is a scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19 assists?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol running up his stats in scrub minutes....a scrub is a scrub
    I will go off of what former pros and experts think, not ST experts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting points, boards and STILL sharing the ball. When he gets a trip/dub, they win over 80% of the time. I will take that any day period. Stat pad away RW.
    Last edited by lebomb; 03-15-2017 at 09:24 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Russ is the truth even if he doesnt win mvp an impressive first season after losing Durant...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually yes. Even NBA analyst are saying what he is doing is incredible. When he has a triple double the Thunder have a .81 winning percentage and thats even better than the GSW. He also has 33 trip dubs and some players have never even had ONE!!! Its a very hard feat to do period. I guess since you have had multiple triple double yourself in pickup games its not a big deal to you.
    Does NBA2k count?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Westbrook were as good as everyone says KD would still be there and they'd have already won multiple les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Westbrook were as good as everyone says KD would still be there and they'd have already won multiple les.
    KD didnt want a batman and robin team, he wanted a justice league team. Easiest way to a le for himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His numbers are incredible but something is just off he's not a leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? OKC was up 3-1.
    Lil Durant in close out games:
    12-31
    10-31

Westbrook was/is overrated I'll give you that.
    But call Durant exactly what he was/is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he has a triple double the Thunder have a .81 winning percentage and thats even better than the GSW. He also has 33 trip dubs and some players have never even had ONE!!! Its a very hard feat to do period.
    This.
    Even tho
    assists are often hugely stat padded by home score keeper. See ic Johnson.
    todays NBA defense

It is still impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those stats and yet his team is a 6th seed...ergo the award goes to Kawhi or Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP doesn't understand the nuances of stats and NBA basketball. When one person has over 50% of the team's assists, that means the ball doesn't move much.

Find the team with the fewest passes per possession and you'll find the guy with the high stats. This has been known for decades, to most people.

The Thunder have the fewest passes per game. So then it stands to reason one person will have the lion's share of the assists and points and since we know the rebound gimmick where his taller teammates clear out for him to get the rebound, the stats are not impressive.

If he wants to impress me, he can just make some of his teammates better. Russ won't do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ is the truth even if he doesnt win mvp an impressive first season after losing Durant...
    Unsurprising from a Kobe felcher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP doesn't understand the nuances of stats and NBA basketball. When one person has over 50% of the team's assists, that means the ball doesn't move much.

Find the team with the fewest passes per possession and you'll find the guy with the high stats. This has been known for decades, to most people.

The Thunder have the fewest passes per game. So then it stands to reason one person will have the lion's share of the assists and points and since we know the rebound gimmick where his taller teammates clear out for him to get the rebound, the stats are not impressive.

If he wants to impress me, he can just make some of his teammates better. Russ won't do that.
    Sorry homie, Ive played and coached for 3 yrs. Coached an Allstar team to a win as well. So I know a bit about the game.

You do realize that 19 assists directly relates to at least 38pts of offense, and if some were 3's and/or and 1s, it could be upwards of over 50pts he helped create, besides his own points. Before you assume anything, that along with what the other players created on their own is a good amount of offense. I would take that all day long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK - it's impressive as . But it doesn't make him the MVP. No amount of triple doubles will make him the MVP, and won't persuade many of us that he is. There's more to basketball than points/rebounds/assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK - it's impressive as . But it doesn't make him the MVP. No amount of triple doubles will make him the MVP, and won't persuade many of us that he is. There's more to basketball than points/rebounds/assists.
    I guess we will see. Both he and Harden are neck n neck currently for MVP, and both have gaudy stats and a lot of trip/dubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry homie, Ive played and coached for 3 yrs. Coached an Allstar team to a win as well. So I know a bit about the game.

You do realize that 19 assists directly relates to at least 38pts of offense, and if some were 3's and/or and 1s, it could be upwards of over 50pts he helped create, besides his own points. Before you assume anything, that along with what the other players created on their own is a good amount of offense. I would take that all day long.
    The 19 assist directly relates to 38 points regardless who has the assists. The team doesn't average high in assists. It's a team game, your church league doesn't mean . Before Kerr came to GS, they had the lowest passes per possession/game in the league and there were some high stats in that area for Steph. Kerr changed that so that GS is in the top 5 or 6 in passes per game, while the Thunder are at the very bottom.

Those numbers mean something. I didn't even look it up before claiming it would be true, and it was.

Thread Information