Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is a much more dangerous shooter than Green and moves off ball about 1000 times better than Green, which translates into better spacing and forcing the defense to rotate more by chasing around Patty. Small sample size, but Patty and Parker have a +16 net rating when on the floor together in the regular season. Furthermore, when Patty plays alongside Tony, he's in his natural element as a shooting guard and no longer has to worry about ball handling duties and running the offense.

But does it, can it, make defensive sense? I don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is a much more dangerous shooter than Green and moves off ball about 1000 times better than Green, which translates into better spacing and forcing the defense to rotate more by chasing around Patty. Small sample size, but Patty and Parker have a +16 net rating when on the floor together in the regular season. Furthermore, when Patty plays alongside Tony, he's in his natural element as a shooting guard and no longer has to worry about ball handling duties and running the offense.

It can against Houston potentially since Kawhi will be on Harden often and Mills should be able to handle Ariza on the perimeter. That can change if Ariza stops sucking, however.

Still, let's see if they can finish off Memphis first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have been something Pop has been saving for GSW but never got a chance to use it. Still feel Verde should have been in the game at the end of the third, when Connelly was going ham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe against MEM but it'd probably be a disaster against GS with Steph, Klaynus, KD out on the perimeter.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to be a small sample size thing. Parker and Mills are minus defenders.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fine with a comfortable lead, but its terrible when its a 1 or 2 possession game.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty can get open so well when playing next to TP.... makes you wonder what Green is even doing in practice. Should watch Re tape

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think is a mistake to have both on court to close games.

Obviously on offense it works but on defense its the opposite, like we saw in game 4. In the last minute a team has to score but more important...a team needs to get stops.

Closing games with Mills and Green was a successful formula for the Spurs this season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it as a change of pace. It certainly is a recipe for points, probably on both ends.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it as a change of pace. It certainly is a recipe for points, probably on both ends.
    Damn right! There's a possibility it'll come back to bite Poop in his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it as long as Manu or Dijon can come in, run the point and not everything up. Mills on Conley will not work ever though unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    makes sense against memphis where we dont really need wing defense against the likes of ennis, harrison, seldon, or daniels... and their defense has closed out well, forcing shooters to be able to dribble. patty is better against closeouts than danny is by a mile

unless there's a game where both carter and conley are going off and we NEED wingstop out there together, i wouldnt be opposed to mills/parker lineups. conley is going to score on anybody we have right now anyway, and kawhi only guards him in the 4th

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It works only if Patty is lights out from the perimeter. Memphis is a terrible offensive team and they're scoring at will against Sam Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It works only if Patty is lights out from the perimeter. Memphis is a terrible offensive team and they're scoring at will against Sam Antonio.
    Well, MEM has been pretty decent since Parsons got hurt, but ya, they are exploding in games 3-5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, MEM has been pretty decent since Parsons got hurt, but ya, they are exploding in games 3-5.
    I had no idea they had Portions on their roster

Chandler+Tony Allen = Grizz in 6 probably

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also fine if Mills is hot but the last game he was not... and as Manu4tres mentioned in a close game defensively they got exploited. Probably a situational thing. Verde has been off a lot but could heat up hopefully next round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had no idea they had Portions on their roster

Chandler+Tony Allen = Grizz in 6 probably
    What? . If those 2 were playing SA would have swept MEM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty was on fire tonight, but you can't use this as a consistent recipe. It won't be sustainable, especially given the defensive liabilities that both bring together. Also, you can't count on Patty going crazy every game.. or once every 20 games. Does it happen, yes.. but very rarely. Great game tonight though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty was on fire tonight, but you can't use this as a consistent recipe. It won't be sustainable, especially given the defensive liabilities that both bring together. Also, you can't count on Patty going crazy every game.. or once every 20 games. Does it happen, yes.. but very rarely. Great game tonight though.
    This ^

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight was the 9th time all season long where Patty converted more than 4 threes in a game. 9 out of 85 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? . If those 2 were playing SA would have swept MEM.
    Please thats Homer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense for a final offensive possesion. Or if Patty and Tony are having a Top10 game of their seasons, other than that it shouldn´t be played.

Imagine that duo against.

Harden-Gordon (Or williams)
    Curry-Thompson
    Paul-Red

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please thats Homer
    No, it's saying that the Allen Parsons project is an utter failure.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight was the 9th time all season long where Patty converted more than 4 threes in a game. 9 out of 85 games.
    He's a big game player. Ask me what it means if you don't know.

Thread Information