Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Did you do all the main endings A-E? The Y ending is pretty memorable too.
    bro i got like halfway through the play through with 9S and stopped playing

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bro i got like halfway through the play through with 9S and stopped playing
    Holy , so you didn't play the best half of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For anyone who doesn't have this yet, Steam has it for $39 for PC and Gamestop has it for $35 for PS4. It's easily worth double either price point IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man the first NieR explains a lot of in NieR Automata, though if you play it first it'll spoil one of the big plot reveals in Automata. But it also explains my favorite ending in NieR Automata.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man the first NieR explains a lot of in NieR Automata, though if you play it first it'll spoil one of the big plot reveals in Automata. But it also explains my favorite ending in NieR Automata.
    Son, you have become like the main ambasador for this game all thanks to me.

I'm going to finally start playing this game starting tonight or from tomorrow on. I got a lot of off my list so I have room to start playing new games.

Was waiting for my bro to finish Horizon but he's still hugging it so I think I will have to rebuy that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm going to finally start playing this game starting tonight or from tomorrow on. I got a lot of off my list so I have room to start playing new games.

Was waiting for my bro to finish Horizon but he's still hugging it so I think I will have to rebuy that one.
    Dude I wasn't excited about the game at all from the demo you told me about tbh. CPY is what got me excited about the game. I pirated and played it for a couple of hours and then went and bought it after liking the first two hours so much. I'm glad I bought it too since the canonical ending is almost impossible to get on the pirated copy. When you play Automata don't think the game is over once you get the A ending like most people do. That part of the game is really good but it gets much better later.

If you still have a PS3, the first NieR is highly worth playing IMO. It's not as good as NieR Automata by stretch, but is still a very memorable game IMO. The gaming press pretty much all over NieR but I think this is a fair review of it:

If you play the first NieR you don't have to play the first Drakengard. Just watch the video below to see Ending E which sets into motion the events of NieR (notice how the enemy and the dragon turn into salt at the end, which is called white chlorination syndrome in NieR).

Last edited by baseline bum; 09-18-2017 at 10:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And man I want to buy Drakengard 3 to get the backstory for Drakengard 1, but it has $41 worth of DLC that NieR fans tell me is pretty critical. I can't imagine spending $61 for a used copy of Drakengard 3 from Gamestop and some DLC. But I'll still buy it anyways. It feels ridiculous to pay so much for a not hard to find game that sold poorly and got destroyed by reviewers, though reviewers also hated the first NieR.

Damn if only I could read Japanese since Yoko Taro wrote some manga that explains what happened between the games. The timeline in the NieR universe goes from Drakengard 3 -> Drakengard 1 -> NieR -> NieR Automata, with Drakengard 2 taking place in a parallel universe from NieR and NieR Automata (NieR follows from Ending E of Drakengard 1 while Drakengard 2 follows from Ending A of Drakengard 1).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Nier gets a remake. That game's story is amazing(and depressing) and the characters a very likable.
    Damn does that game ever deliver. Kaine's ass in higher resolution wouldn't be a bad thing either tbh.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wish I had bought the game before I got to the credits, I just failed over and over and over and over, then went to the internet and discovered/spoiled it. that would have been awesome to experience without knowing anything in advance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wish I had bought the game before I got to the credits, I just failed over and over and over and over, then went to the internet and discovered/spoiled it. that would have been awesome to experience without knowing anything in advance.
    LOL you have to be a Geometry Wars god to get Ending E without connecting to the network. I saw a video of someone doing it and it was an hour and a half or two hours of bullet . I remember thinking it was the coolest credit sequence ever until I got to the Square Enix line, which is where it starts getting really hard. I tried to beat that on my own for about 45 minutes until I finally accepted help.

Thread Information