Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/artic...3-3b3f919c19db

Thank everything that is good... it appears the NFL owners down-voted the most insidious proposition that would have cut regular season OTs to 10 minutes. That was dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb from the beginning, and I hope whoever pulled that out of his ass gets their house burnt down. Seriously. Would have ruined the NFL drastically... if anything, if you're going to change the time, extend OT to 20 minutes? Or even better... see below.

Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, wants to see more ties. Ties are miserable and loathsome for all. The players don't, the coaches don't (except Harbaugh, but he's a dumbass) and the fans, above all, REALLY don't want to see that . It's like both teams and their fans just suffered a miserable 75-minute loss instead of just one. Literally nobody goes home happy. And worse, it mucks up the standings.

Really I wish they would do away with ties and have a 50-yard kick-off to determine the winner and loser if there's no resolution to the tie after the OT period. The game is football, FOOT ball, after all? Give the kickers a chance. Knock-out style elimination. No blocking or defense on the field, just the long snapper, holder and kicker. Coin toss to see which kicker kicks first (or defers), thus if Kicker A scores the opening field goal, Kicker B must score or else it's game over, then if Kicker B scores Kicker B kicks again and thus becomes the new original kicker of the second round of kicks. This rotates back and forth until either the original kicker or any given round has a miss followed by an enemy score, or the original kicker of any round has a score followed by an enemy miss. The winning kicker's team receives a full win on their record, and the loser's team receives the full loss. No "shootout wins" or any BS of that nature is recorded. It's simply part of the game and will slightly improve the importance of kicking.

Thus, the winner is determined after both kickers have had an equal opportunity to kick a given number of 50-yard attempts.

<A make, B miss> = A wins
    <A make, B make, B miss, A make> = A wins
    <A miss, B make> = B wins
    <A miss, B miss, B miss, A make> = A wins
    <A miss, B miss, B make, A miss> = B wins
    <A make, B make, B make, A miss> = B wins
    <A make, B make, B make, A make, A make, B miss> = A wins. Both kickers have had the chance to kick 3 times.

This would make so much sense, and it would enhance one of the fundamental core tenets of the game which is kicking the ball.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I've been doing analyses all night and the thing that complicates me most for the spurraider21 Raiders is their "home" game in Mexico City which is against the Patriots and you just know how good they are late in the season, especially in neutral site games. While I don't think NE will go 14-2 again this year they will still be #1 overall and will no doubt show up for a game like that, because to Brady and Belichick they're playing to impress an entire nation, not just one game to them.

10-6 is my official prediction for the Raiders, despite a 9-3 start. That December schedule is VERY rough, I only see them getting 2 wins out of 5 there.

I also have Kansas City at 10-6. Their particular schedule is slightly easier despite coming in 1st because of the particular home/aways and timing. Their December schedule is quite easy, they could make a late run to the playoffs and even win the division if tiebreakers fall in place.

Denver, based on their schedule, looks to have a similar season to 2016. Great start, letdown to follow. I like them to beat Dallas the second game of the season at home even though Zeke Elliott and the OL rush exceptionally well against 3-4 defenses. I see Zeke getting his customary 130-160 yards against a 3-4 team, but the difference will be the Dallas passing game where Denver will have a significant advantage due to it being early in Dak's sop re season, and let's not forget they still have a top 5 secondary when healthy and obviously Von Miller. I think they make plays on defense, a sack fumble here, a fumble in the secondary there and win a 16-13 type game to go to 2-0.

Beyond that, I see Denver improving to 4-0 (tough win at home against the Raiders) before ultimately falling to New York at home in another slugfest, but this time it will be week 6 and the Giants star receivers will have jelled a bit together. Both teams have great defenses. The game will be a slugfest, low scoring, but ultimately one of OBJ/Marshall/Shepard will make a play to take the cake.

Then, their schedule gets incredibly hard over the next month, I only have them winning the Chargers out of those games. But it's entirely possible they win at home against the Patriots and lose a winnable game, say in Miami early December which would be a crusher. A couple more games they should win in December, but Kansas City poses a matchup problem for them and I predict KC will sweep them again. I have Denver ultimately finishing 8-8 or 9-7 and a second straight third-place finish in the division that mirrors last year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ^the did this got say? i dont click "view post" anymore due to recurring nausea

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ^the did this got say? i dont click "view post" anymore due to recurring nausea
    I didn't read it...much like I didn't read what he said to me either.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    UNT

You are putting way too much into it.....ok? The NFL has been having schedules since 1920, ok? The good teams win and the bad ones lose, just that simple. To get all yakyakyakyakyak....about it, why?

All I ever look at is early season home/road. Just not fair to start off 3 or 4 on the road while others have 3 of 4 at home, but that's just me being silly.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    UNT

You are putting way too much into it.....ok? The NFL has been having schedules since 1920, ok? The good teams win and the bad ones lose, just that simple. To get all yakyakyakyakyak....about it, why?

All I ever look at is early season home/road. Just not fair to start off 3 or 4 on the road while others have 3 of 4 at home, but that's just me being silly.
    Logistically it's often impossible for the league to schedule everyone home, away, home, away etc.

The only thing I don't think is fair is the 3+ game roadies, but the players don't seem to mind it.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Apparently, there are three weeks in the schedule where the Rams and the Spanos gots will play home games on the same day at the same time. Gee, I wonder which team's games will have higher attendance and ratings?

The LA Chargers experiment is going to be the biggest flop in NFL history.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Apparently, there are three weeks in the schedule where the Rams and the Spanos gots will play home games on the same day at the same time. Gee, I wonder which team's games will have higher attendance and ratings?

How is that going to work, aren't they sharing a stadium? (maybe im mis-remembering)

Post Count
    How is that going to work, aren't they sharing a stadium? (maybe im mis-remembering)
    They're sharing Kroenke's new stadium, but it's not done yet. In the meantime, the Rams are still at the Coliseum and the gots are (I you not) playing in a 30,000-seat soccer stadium in Carson

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    They're sharing Kroenke's new stadium, but it's not done yet. In the meantime, the Rams are still at the Coliseum and the gots are (I you not) playing in a 30,000-seat soccer stadium in Carson
    they're seriously going to play at a povertyball stadium? That's pathetic.

Post Count
    they're seriously going to play at a povertyball stadium? That's pathetic.
    Yes:

http://www.foxsports.com/west/story/...ok-like-011717

They've been spinning it as a "unique" and "intimate" experience, but I've heard it's the least "intimate" stadium in the MLS with the worst sightlines.

And in typical Spanos fashion, Dean has jacked up the ticket prices to an insane level and, despite playing at the StubHub Center, he's offically banned fans from using StubHub to buy tickets

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ch...tubhub-center/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-use-stubhub/

Literally the biggest joke of a franchise in sports. It's going to be hilarious to see them go 0-16 and not be able to fill a tiny povertyball stadium.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

How did they screw that one up? How hard is it to schedule a home game when the other team sharing your market is on the road and vice versa? The Jets/Giants do it and baseball has been doing it for awhile.

Also, I'm wondering if using that small stadium is mainly a ploy in order to keep the other team from having a home field advantage like they did at Qualcomm. That might be me just going full tinfoil but ROFL if that's actually true

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    They know they couldn't come close to selling out a stadium like the Rose Bowl, let alone the Coliseum

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    At least you get to go 3-13 for next couple years and draft a new quarterback or something.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Great looking schedule. I saw three pundits give the Panthers the NFC South back this year, the 4th time in 5 years. Really tough division though, but no doubt we can do it. Injuries plagued us last year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great looking schedule. I saw three pundits give the Panthers the NFC South back this year, the 4th time in 5 years. Really tough division though, but no doubt we can do it. Injuries plagued us last year.
    Agreed. Tough and criminally underrated. AFC West got all the lucky fluke plays their way in tight interconference games last year. Especially KC. KC is overrated. NFC South is underrated.

I have Carolina finishing 9-7 but still last in that division. Home and away vs. New England will be a huge difference maker, just like home and away vs. Seattle for the NFC East (and AFC South, but they're garbage anyway)

I have Atlanta and TB tied at 11-5 at the top, but ATL winning the tiebreaker because of a 4-2 division record instead of 3-3 (or something like that)...

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    HarlemHeat37 Clipper Nation

Enjoy listening to a woman call your opening game.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sport...t1f1c0kax6kmn1

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ESPN MNF has been bad commentary wise altogether since Tirico left for NBC (whyyyyy???) The current #1 play by play guy is known for doing college games and that's what he is good at... he is terrible for the NFL, so mundane.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I guess the good news is CBS #1 games are going to be somewhat watchable for the first time in forever

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the LA stadium is now a year behind schedule, set to be ready 2020

chargers stuck in a soccer stadium
    Clipper Nation
    kroenke

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the LA stadium is now a year behind schedule, set to be ready 2020

chargers stuck in a soccer stadium
    Clipper Nation
    kroenke
    Which realistically likely means 2022-2023 range.

Post Count
    Just think: if Deano had swallowed his pride and agreed to build a new stadium in Mission Valley, it would have been done years ago. Now they're stuck in a tiny povertyball stadium in a city that doesn't want them for years to come. The Spanos family are the biggest idiots in sports ownership today.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Just think: if Deano had swallowed his pride and agreed to build a new stadium in Mission Valley, it would have been done years ago. Now they're stuck in a tiny povertyball stadium in a city that doesn't want them for years to come. The Spanos family are the biggest idiots in sports ownership today.
    your chargers

Thread Information