Comes out tonight.

Here's some leaks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...ak_megathread/

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Chiefs? Really?

Pretty sure Goodell knows how riled up Pats fans will be with him in the house, so he wanted to give them an easy win to make sure he gets out of there alive.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Tough first game of the year. Saints were considering signing AP so that would be an intriguing storyline since they open up at Minny.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Chiefs? Really?

Pretty sure Goodell knows how riled up Pats fans will be with him in the house, so he wanted to give them an easy win to make sure he gets out of there alive.
    Why don't they do it last year and open up home against the Falcons since that's on the schedule anyway? That makes the most sense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also, nice to see the Cowboys finally getting an easy game on Thanksgiving.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tough first game of the year. Saints were considering signing AP so that would be an intriguing storyline since they open up at Minny.
    I don't see the Vikings being that great. 7-9 is their ceiling. Solid 3rd place in division. They don't have a particularly good QB, their offense in general just stinks, and their defense though top 10 has a lot of names but some of which are getting older, that should take a small step back as well.

If the Saints can put up their customary 28 or 31 points, it'll be an easy road win. The Vikings wouldn't score that many even if you used 11 mannequins on defense.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So who will start out playing three road games in thre first four weeks, while some other team plays three at home, sheesh~~~~ It is important.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So who will start out playing three road games in thre first four weeks, while some other team plays three at home, sheesh~~~~ It is important.
    How will we ever figure that one out?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    looks like Cowboys have first 2 at home, so pretty damn good chance it'll be 3 of the first 4.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Why don't they do it last year and open up home against the Falcons since that's on the schedule anyway? That makes the most sense.
    That's what I was almost sure would happen, surprised they didn't go with that.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Dude, why act stupid all the time? You got it and ya know it.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Romo will be calling the Cowboys-Chiefs game on CBS on November 5th.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Pretty damn good schedule this year...nice for a year where you are either seeing if Savage is the guy or if they are going to have to roll with whatever QB they decided to develop out of the draft. 11-5 or 10-6 is the floor if they keep the defense healthy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude, why act stupid all the time? You got it and ya know it.
    Are you really this ed up guy? You always post some dumb ass useless comment and then whimper wah wah when someone points it out. You're like some old sitting around talking just to pass the time until you die.

Wonder if it's going to rain?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Are you really this ed up guy? You always post some dumb ass useless comment and then whimper wah wah when someone points it out. You're like some old sitting around talking just to pass the time until you die.

Wonder if it's going to rain?
    I'm not the one lying about being an EXPERT then run when asked to prove it. Dude, faster than a WORLD CLASS 20.00 as a kid??????? Dude. YOU telling anyone anything is ing comical.

Nothing....useless comment....about wondering what teams get on early while others enjoy home cooking. You're just too damn dumb to get that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Romo will be calling the Cowboys-Chiefs game on CBS on November 5th.
    I ING CALLED THIS AHEAD OF TIME!!! HOLY

(Minus the November 5th part)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Pretty damn good schedule this year...nice for a year where you are either seeing if Savage is the guy or if they are going to have to roll with whatever QB they decided to develop out of the draft. 11-5 or 10-6 is the floor if they keep the defense healthy.
    What???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...17-nfl-season/

- The NFC West isn't what it used to be, but you're playing the best team on the road (and one that never loses home games except sometimes to Arizona) and the 2nd best team also on the road. The remaining 2 teams are going to stink and presumably be easy wins, but splitting your interconference is meh at best.

- @ Patriots has always been a sure road loss for the Texans over the years

- The AFC North should be better than last year, maybe not the Browns but they're inevitably going to be improved over last year. The good news for the AFC North is, instead of the NFC East they play the NFC North which is only a shade better than the NFC West for 3rd best division in the NFC (really, there's not much difference, and if the Vikings don't prove better than the Cardinals they could actually be worse). The AFC North also plays the.........

........ AFC South, which will continue to be mediocre at best, with the Colts likely going further backwards and the Jags possibly taking a step forwards (is this the year?!) If the Texans have another 5-1 or 6-0 South year it should be good enough to push them into the playoffs.

In sum, the AFC South has a VERY tough schedule, so whoever wins their division games will ultimately take the cake and make the playoffs as the #4 seed like most years lately, likely at a 9-7 ish record.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Also, nice to see the Cowboys finally getting an easy game on Thanksgiving.

Son, you must have amnesia and forgotten how awful our pass defense has been. There's no way we give up less than 28 points to the Phillbilly.

The Cowjews actually have a pretty brutal schedule this season. Atleast 5 losses, probably six this year IMO. That's why they should've taken advantage of their great opportunity last season because this year's schedule was going to be rough playing the 1st place schedule plus the AFC West. Gotta capitalize on your opportunities when you get them because after this year, nobody knows what will happen...guys leave in FA, somebody gets injured, Dez/Elliott get arrested, etc

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If the Cousins situation is officially settled down (at least for this year), the NFC East could be mighty dangerous with all the receivers coming into the division. This means, the Cowboys likely won't win 13 games again this year (11 is a more realistic possibility, really anything from 10-12 and 10 might not be good enough to make the playoffs) and the AFC West likely won't look as good this year but that's to be expected.

The AFC West had a cakewalk schedule in 2016, playing the ghastly AFC South and the improving-but-not-quite-ready-yet NFC South which was ultimately a one-team division despite late emergence of the Bucs, who should be improved this year in another very good looking division, more on that in a few paragraphs. But fans of AFC West teams can take their team's losses with a little less alcohol this year than last year, because we're not going to have two 12-4 teams making the playoffs again this year or close. There's just no way.

Along with the great-again NFC East, the AFC West also plays the AFC East which is another one-team division, so that should be a blessing, but the Bills and Dolphins -- though not great -- are 5-to-9 win teams you don't want to overlook especially when you're a far west team traveling out east for noon games, as most of the NFC West learned the hard way last year. Jets should be awful again.

I think Denver takes a step backwards if they're really sold on Siemian as their quarterback. They overpaid for mediocre offensive line parts. Their defense is still top 10 but it was getting a bit raggedy towards the end of last year, and they lost their savvy old leader to retirement. They also lost their stout Super Bowl nose tackle, which doubly stings because they're a 3-4 team. The Peko brothers rotating at NT will leave them more vulnerable against the run than before. Expect them to regress to around 8-8 or 7-9, maybe a shade worse if their schedule proves too difficult they're the team that can certainly be left behind.

Oakland is still king of the division, Lynch or no Lynch, provided they keep Carr upright for a full season. They should win the division with 10-11 wins and get either the 2nd or 3rd seed in the AFC (no way Pats won't get #1). Kansas City will be second, though there is an outside chance they take a bigger step backward than anticipated. They lucked into winning a lot of games last year; their record outperformed their play. Against a team like that, you just have to gameplan to avoid those key mistakes and turnovers against their bend-don't-break style defense that loves to ballhawk. But they could finish anywhere from 8 to 11 wins. Chargers are still swiss cheese on both sides of the ball, most of the flavor coming from their talented but inconsistent pass rush.
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 04-20-2017 at 11:59 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Son, you must have amnesia and forgotten how awful our pass defense has been. There's no way we give up less than 28 points to the Phillbilly.

The Cowjews actually have a pretty brutal schedule this season. Atleast 5 losses, probably six this year IMO. That's why they should've taken advantage of their great opportunity last season because this year's schedule was going to be rough playing the 1st place schedule plus the AFC West. Gotta capitalize on your opportunities when you get them because after this year, nobody knows what will happen...guys leave in FA, somebody gets injured, Dez/Elliott get arrested, etc
    AFC West had a cakewalk schedule last year and KC in particular had some lucky wins. It seemed like everything went right for the AFC West last year until they all fizzled when it mattered most. Let's not overrate them just because of their records last year given they played a very easy schedule. Oakland should still be outstanding, hopefully for them they can stay healthy and improve their defense, but after that? The offenses just aren't good enough. Denver won't be great if Elway sticks to his guns on Siemian.

"Philbilly" is past his prime and still has a godawful line (Okung never was a great pass protector, might help Gordon but he's been injured a lot and is likely past his prime)... receiving corps is average. They're not going to "hang 28" on us. Think more like 14, 17, 21 range, with one touchdown coming in garbage time after the Cowboys have put it away. Their defense really isn't good, their secondary is bad if you gameplan and know that Hayward will always go for the pick etc. If you stop Bosa's bullrush, you stop him until proven otherwise. They overpaid to keep a solid but not dynamic outside rusher in Ingram. After that their depth gets really thin and they're missing in a lot of other areas too.

Chargers should expect another 5 win season, at best. I called it last year and I'm calling it this year. They won only 5 last year with a cupcake schedule, and that's counting an absurdly lucky win in Atlanta, so 5 would be an improvement this year.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    AFC West had a cakewalk schedule last year and KC in particular had some lucky wins. It seemed like everything went right for the AFC West last year until they all fizzled when it mattered most. Let's not overrate them just because of their records last year given they played a very easy schedule. Oakland should still be outstanding, hopefully for them they can stay healthy and improve their defense, but after that? The offenses just aren't good enough. Denver won't be great if Elway sticks to his guns on Siemian.

"Philbilly" is past his prime and still has a godawful line (Okung never was a great pass protector, might help Gordon but he's been injured a lot and is likely past his prime)... receiving corps is average. They're not going to "hang 28" on us. Think more like 14, 17, 21 range, with one touchdown coming in garbage time after the Cowboys have put it away. Their defense really isn't good, their secondary is bad if you gameplan and know that Hayward will always go for the pick etc. If you stop Bosa's bullrush, you stop him until proven otherwise. They overpaid to keep a solid but not dynamic outside rusher in Ingram. After that their depth gets really thin and they're missing in a lot of other areas too.

Chargers should expect another 5 win season, at best. I called it last year and I'm calling it this year. They won only 5 last year with a cupcake schedule, and that's counting an absurdly lucky win in Atlanta, so 5 would be an improvement this year.
    That's a good point about the AFC South actually. They're always the lurking variable when it comes to why one team/division has an unusual amount wins in a season.

Denver will still be tough on the road, obviously Oakland too, KC I expect to win. San Diego is a game I think will be close simply due to the matchups but probably too early to tell. I just can't count them out now since I believe they won in ATL last season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As for the NFC South, they were vastly improved last year (particularly over the great debacle of 2014) and should continue to improve steadily in 2017, and should be up there at the top with the NFC East vying for best division in the NFC...

- Their main advantage is, of course, the AFC East which should be as much of a one-team division as ever, instead of playing the unpredictable and generally solid AFC West which won't be the same as last year but should still get two teams in. They also play the NFC North which is likely the second-worst division in an overall superior conference (who will be better -- the Lions or the Rams?) though the NFC East plays the NFC West which is currently a one-team division (but will the Rams with Goff finally emerge or will they win only 7-8 games?). Last year, the NFC South was improved but they got their lunch eaten by the AFC West, generally in a lot of close games, which contributed to the AFC West's inflated records. Will the South get over the hump this year? I think so.

- The NFC South, along with the NFC East are the two divisions in the NFL where you can say right now there isn't any true "bad" team.

- Carolina needs Newton to run less to stay healthy and their OL to be better, but they largely shored up their other gaping hole -- the secondary -- and should be playing better football this year than last. I predict between 7-9 wins.

- New Orleans still has one of the better QBs in the league and arguably the most dangerous vertical attack in the game. Their defense has some legit talent, though it is patchy and had injury issues last year. Breaux, Vaccaro and the stud DTs come to mind. Need a better pass rush and linebacker corps, another CB would help too. I predict between 8-10 wins.

- Tampa is one of the more interesting teams in the league, already vastly improved with maturing talent on both sides of the ball and had an outstanding March in free agency. If healthy, they are now legit at the following positions: WR (they have a lot of good ones), D-Line (Baker, McCoy, and they have emerging stud pass rushers), outside linebacker (they're a 4-3, but this helps in the run game), and corner. Winston is only going to continue to get better. Could be a darkhorse to win the division if Atlanta stumbles a-la Carolina last year. I predict between 9-11 wins.

- Atlanta is obviously coming off a historic heartbreaker. Their schedule will be hardest in the division -- having to go to New England at the start of a 3-game road trip will not be fun, they also have to play Seattle away. They have Cowboys and Packers at home, unfortunately those aren't Seattle, those are teams that can win (or lose) anywhere and the games can go either way. Will it be motivation to get back and finish the fight, like the 2013-14 San Antonio Spurs? Or, will we see a 2012 Texas Rangers/2016 Panthers level post-failure letdown? Either way, we're going to see the true mettle of this team as they bring back nearly the entire band for the 2017 season. This one has the potential to go in a lot of different directions. I predict 7-12 wins.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's a good point about the AFC South actually. They're always the lurking variable when it comes to why one team/division has an unusual amount wins in a season.

Denver will still be tough on the road, obviously Oakland too, KC I expect to win. San Diego is a game I think will be close simply due to the matchups but probably too early to tell. I just can't count them out now since I believe they won in ATL last season.
    They did win in ATL last year. Very gutsy OT win (though it was more ATL choking than anything, Quinn and Shanahan were horrid in the second half of that one and Quinn lost the game by going for it on 4th & 2 in OT from his own 35)... I watched the game start to finish, remember it vividly though it was quite early in the season when the Falcons hadn't peaked yet.

But they also lost to the Browns, a meaningless game no doubt but that's downright embarrassing.

They're a very flawed team from top to bottom. They pioneered the "let's pay our pocket passing QB a bucket heap, forget the offensive line, not draft well and go from contender to terrible for the next half-decade-plus" schtick that the Colts have seemed to follow to a 'T' to this point.

I like a few of their players but they're just not built to win very many games. Their fans pointed out how they "choked" several games towards the beginning of last year and the record should have been better, well, the Atlanta game and a couple others along with their late season implosion proved that they are what their record was, no better. They simply overachieved to even get their second-half leads in some games they lost early on, before their true colors and lack of defensive consistency or ability to protect Rivers shined brightly on the football world.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also, quick note, it's not San Diego anymore, it's the L.A. Chargers. So Clipper Nation now supports both the "LAC" teams in sports.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I expect the Cowboys to go 3-1 against the AFC West, splitting the two on the road and winning both at home. I expect them to split GB/ATL, sweep the ty NFC West (Seattle is far from ty, but we're playing them at home and Seattle doesn't usually beat good teams on the road) and go 4-2 in the tough NFC East.

Give or take one game (could win both against GB/ATL and lose another division game, for example) and there's your 12-4 season.

Thread Information