Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I read up on the Spurs' end after this the more concerned I am. It legitimately sounds like Pop might be losing the locker room (including Tony and Manu). Pop has gone full senile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might take the arrival of Lebron himself to save us, hahahahahahaha

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs definitively got caught up in it. Especially the 4 or 5 and-1 plays in like a 3-4 min span in the 3rd.
    What I keep asking myself is if the refs are that easy to manipulate, or they just actually give make up games.

The crowd was pretty pumped from the start and had even some type of merch with quotes of Fiz's rant. They were booing hard every call the Spurs got. Memphis players seem to protest everything as well.

All of a sudden Zbo goes back in time. I wonder if in a regular game he would have gotten a couple of 3 second violations or traveling calls for his great amount of footwork tonight.

And they can make and-1s every play?

Maybe it was just coincidence, but with all the ranting and hyping that went on the past days I guess its normal we have doubts.

Let's hope the Spurs bounce back as we hope and this is a 4-1 series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I read up on the Spurs' end after this the more concerned I am. It legitimately sounds like Pop might be losing the locker room (including Tony and Manu). Pop has gone full senile.
    Manu has 0. ZERO points after 3 playoff games. He should be lucky Pop lets him on the bus. Pop has to try something (even though I think it was stupid to bench everyone). But Manu needed to be benched. Hopefully this lights a fire.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu has 0. ZERO points after 3 playoff games. He should be lucky Pop lets him on the bus. Pop has to try something (even though I think it was stupid to bench everyone). But Manu needed to be benched. Hopefully this lights a fire.
    Manu should have retired last year. However, he's not a starter and an outlier these days. Less pressure on him to perform.

Parker is still starting and the success of the Spurs is still tied heavily to how he plays because Pop is still starting him and playing him 25 minutes a night.

I'd prefer Manu retire this off-season and Parker retire next offseason. Both have more bad games than good. Can't rely on either against better compe ion.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 04-21-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop don't care anymore...

Oh, well, Spurs in 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think he's losing Tony and Manu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu should have retired last year. However, he's not a starter and an outlier these days. Less pressure on him to perform.

Parker is still starting and the success of the Spurs is still tied heavily to how he plays because Pop is still starting him and playing him 25 minutes a night.

I'd prefer Manu retire this off-season and Parker retire next offseason. Both have more bad games than good. Can't rely on either against better compe ion.
    Probably true, but I'm not throwing the dirt on either yet.

1. TP has had more good games in these playoffs than bad.

2. While Manu has been bad, the first two games he contributed in many ways other than scoring. Last game he was just flat out awful. However, Manu is very match up dependent and we knew that he struggled badly vs MEM. HOU should be a much better match up and I expect Manu to look much better vs them.

If TP just derails and stops having good games and Manu never bounces back vs better match ups, then I will agree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably true, but I'm not throwing the dirt on either yet.

1. TP has had more good games in these playoffs than bad.

2. While Manu has been bad, the first two games he contributed in many ways other than scoring. Last game he was just flat out awful. However, Manu is very match up dependent and we knew that he struggled badly vs MEM. HOU should be a much better match up and I expect Manu to look much better vs them.

If TP just derails and stops having good games and Manu never bounces back vs better match ups, then I will agree.
    1. True, but how much can we go off that based on just three games?
    The past 3 playoff runs, the past three seasons..Tony has had more bad regular seasin games and bad playoff games than good. Three game sample, as you know, is very small. Manu likely wont continue his horrible play and he'll progress to his marginal mean. And based on recent history, Parker wont have 2 good games for every bad one. Parker was bound to regress after his first two games and I wouldn't be surprised if its the same story with him game 4.

Parker better produce whatever good games he can while he can, before Pat Bev checkd him into the ho e facility next weekend. Kidding aside, hes had a great career, but TP is no longer consistent enough to be an important piece. Even if his play after 2 good games so far may suggest hes more consistent than im implying...I know better.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 04-21-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was exactly how I said the Grizzlies could beat the Spurs. Play very physical, ugly the game up, and figure that the zebras can't call them all. It didn't help that the Spurs missed a BUNCH of shots they should have made, and missed 12 damn FT's.

That inbounds play at the beginning of the second half. Looked to me like that ball was supposed to go to Kawhi, and he just got pancaked on the end line. That was the beginning of an avalanche. I thought the refs reacted to Fizdale and the crowd several times tonight, but I now that Memphis got it's "makeup game", I don't expect it to happen next game.

A lot of things had to fall together just right for this night to happen.

I feel the same way......and like another poster said earlier, if we can't get anything from our guards, it's a wrap for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. True, but how much can we go off that based on just three games?
    The past 3 playoff runs, the past three seasons..Tony has had more bad regular seasin games and bad playoff games than good. Three game sample, as you know, is very small. Manu likely wont continue his horrible play and he'll progress to his marginal mean. And based on recent history, Parker wont have 2 good games for every bad one. Parker was bound to regress after his first two games and I wouldn't be surprised if its the same story with him game 4.

Parker better produce whatever good games he can while he can, before Pat Bev checkd him into the ho e facility next weekend. Kidding aside, hes had a great career, but TP is no longer consistent enough to be an important piece. Even if his play after 2 good games so far may suggest hes more consistent than im implying...I know better.
    I agree. Said you were probably right but there has been enough so far to warrant some optimism even if we know the likely outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that went as expected ... backdoor sweep coming up
    Haha...Spurs win one, "sweep!" ... Grizz win one, "backdoor sweep!"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why pop manu and Anderson in

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we see Bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are Spurs even in game 4 - 16 vs 10 -20 on threes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stfu lebron takes 3 steps all the time gots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KaWOW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm drunk as on a party but I just had to come and say that Kawhi kid is a ing monster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow.

My Team