Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Mark Wicklund, a former Macon County Board member and Democratic candidate for the 13th District U.S. House seat, is facing charges after police said he crashed a vehicle while driving under the influence and subsequently struck an officer at the hospital.

Wicklund has been charged with DUI in the April 18 rollover vehicle crash and is free on $10,000 bond.

He also faces a preliminary charge of aggravated battery against a police officer, with a special prosecutor having 30 days to determine whether to file a formal charge. The Macon County State's Attorney's Office typically makes formal charging decisions, but State's Attorney Jay Scott filed a motion Thursday seeking the special prosecutor due to Wicklund's former position on the county board. Wicklund served on the board from 2010 to 2013.

At the hospital, "Mark was cussing, screaming and shouting profanities towards officers and medical staff," Kaufman wrote, adding that he appeared to be "heavily intoxicated, with bloodshot, glassy eyes."

Wicklund refused to sit down on a bed, as he repeatedly said "that he had political connections and was leaving" the hospital, Kaufman wrote.

When Kaufman told him he was not free to leave, he made a move toward the exit and the officer placed his hand on his chest to prevent him from leaving.

"I advised Mark that he was going to be placed in restraints, since he continuously ignored my lawful orders," Kaufman wrote. After Wicklund tried again to leave the emergency room, the officer grabbed his wrist "to secure him to the hospital bed."

After a short struggle, "Mark quickly and forcefully swung his right arm backwards, striking me in the chest," Kaufman wrote. Another officer arrived at the hospital and Wicklund was placed in restraints.

http://herald-review.com/news/local/...def0255a6.html

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great find, CN. Over a month old and this is the first I've seen of it. Media keeping it quiet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly the cause of this was his liberalism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DNC spokesman just said this is the fault of the Russians as Stolichnaya vodka bottles was found in his car

Damn russians!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great find, CN. Over a month old and this is the first I've seen of it. Media keeping it quiet.
    Texas District 13 of the United States House of Representatives is a Congressional District of the U.S. state of Texas that includes most of the Texas Panhandle, parts of Texoma and northeastern parts of North Texas. It winds across the Panhandle into the South Plains, then runs east across the Red River Valley. Covering over 40,000 square miles (100,000 km2), it is the second-largest district geographically in Texas and larger in area than thirteen entire states. The principal cities in the district are Amarillo and Wichita Falls.[4] The current Representative is Republican Mac Thornberry.

According to the Cook Partisan Voting Index, it is the most Republican district in the country (R+32) along with Alabama's 6th.[5]
    Probably because the guy doesn't stand a snowball's chance in of winning.

"This guy who won't win an election did something stupid" doesn't attract eyeballs to advertisements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Wicklund, a former Macon County Board member and Democratic candidate for the 13th District U.S. House seat, is facing charges after police said he crashed a vehicle while driving under the influence and subsequently struck an officer at the hospital.

Wicklund has been charged with DUI in the April 18 rollover vehicle crash and is free on $10,000 bond.

He also faces a preliminary charge of aggravated battery against a police officer, with a special prosecutor having 30 days to determine whether to file a formal charge. The Macon County State's Attorney's Office typically makes formal charging decisions, but State's Attorney Jay Scott filed a motion Thursday seeking the special prosecutor due to Wicklund's former position on the county board. Wicklund served on the board from 2010 to 2013.

At the hospital, "Mark was cussing, screaming and shouting profanities towards officers and medical staff," Kaufman wrote, adding that he appeared to be "heavily intoxicated, with bloodshot, glassy eyes."

Wicklund refused to sit down on a bed, as he repeatedly said "that he had political connections and was leaving" the hospital, Kaufman wrote.

When Kaufman told him he was not free to leave, he made a move toward the exit and the officer placed his hand on his chest to prevent him from leaving.

"I advised Mark that he was going to be placed in restraints, since he continuously ignored my lawful orders," Kaufman wrote. After Wicklund tried again to leave the emergency room, the officer grabbed his wrist "to secure him to the hospital bed."

After a short struggle, "Mark quickly and forcefully swung his right arm backwards, striking me in the chest," Kaufman wrote. Another officer arrived at the hospital and Wicklund was placed in restraints.

http://herald-review.com/news/local/...def0255a6.html
    He should withdraw as a candidate. The Democratic party can, and should, do better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ggggggggggggggggggggggg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its the Russians!!

Impeach Trump!

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

"This guy who won't win an election did something stupid" doesn't attract eyeballs to advertisements.

Snowballs... snow... sounds like Siberia. Clearly, this is all the work of the Russians!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should withdraw as a candidate. The Democratic party can, and should, do better.
    They need to just blow it up and start over. It's a mess. Plain and simple. They can't decide on the overall tone of their political message- Liberal or Leftist. It seems more big- government, Leftism is the majority interest with the Demos now. No bueno.

It's not the same party that made me believe in them after Repub failures in 04 and 08. It really isn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why not? It worked for 9 months before 11.8.16 and has become 90% of the Leftist Media's overall news coverage since.

Thread Information