Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL wasn't mad at Pop, I think. He got upset when he'd never get the ball back from Tony after passing it to him. He'd stand there with his arms in the air wide open and Tony would drive into the paint and turn the ball over.
    We can blame Parker for that...But Pop is the main responsable if the leading scorer didnt get the ball for long stretches.

Pop called OTs after defensive mistakes but couldnt call one to draw a play for Kawhi in a whole quarter?
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-21-2017 at 02:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Simmons starting to give added energy?

Danny comes off the bench, he, Mills and Gasol light up the charts, three point-wise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, I think I am going to have the Bucks as my eastern conference favorite team, second favorite after the Spurs.....

whos with me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, I think I am going to have the Bucks as my eastern conference favorite team, second favorite after the Spurs.....

whos with me?
    Aye
    me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bucks have something the Spurs lack:

A young Coach, who has the right fire within him, and possibly brimming with new ideas.

Intensity.

A young roster that is hungry..............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-----------------------------------

Thanks man. My heart breaks everytime the Spurs lose....

But I want to have that fan feeling again, during those early years.

The Bucks are gonna be my new gf, hahahahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should have gotten Kidd during that time, what year was that?

Hmmmmm,

How would Duncan, Manu and Kidd perform? Would they have chemistry?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should have gotten Kidd during that time, what year was that?

Hmmmmm,

How would Duncan, Manu and Kidd perform? Would they have chemistry?
    Kidd turned Jeff into an All-Star. He would've been fine with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kidd turned Jeff into an All-Star. He would've been fine with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so sick of parker standing at half court dribbling the ball for 10 seconds of the shot clock then getting the ball to Leonard with 5 seconds left on the clock. Wtf is wrong with him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the team didn't play like absolute garbage to start the game maybe he wouldn't have done it?

What I saw in the first 2 quarters was worst than a D-League game. Kawhi is the only reason why they didn't get blown out from the first minutes.

Why is Manu even still on this team? He's beyond help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the team didn't play like absolute garbage to start the game maybe he wouldn't have done it?

What I saw in the first 2 quarters was worst than a D-League game. Kawhi is the only reason why they didn't get blown out from the first minutes.

But people here for some dumb reason want him back for another year. Ginobli and Parker are robbing this team without a gun and mask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But people here for some dumb reason want him back for another year. Ginobli and Parker are robbing this team without a gun and mask.
    Gino stole the hub caps and Tony took the tires

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are no legit options outside of Tony and Manu right now. Patty cannot defend for , even worse than Tony. Fathead cannot walk and dribble the ball.

This actually started in the 2nd half of game 2. The Spurs just relaxed and they haven't picked it back up since, outside of Leonard. The bigs just stand there watching the opponent attack the rim, there's no help defense. You funnel to your bigs and they just open like check valves.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I wouldnt blame him if he did.

Spurs lost game 2 against OKC in the 1st half when Pop benched all starters. Who knows if Kawhi is tired of this
    You can't possibly know that. Nobody can. You seem to be saying that once Pop pulled that move there was a 100% chance the Spurs would lose, and if he didn't there was a 100% change the Spurs would win.

Moves like that can be bad in that it decreases win probability, but no move that early in the game can swing it more than a few percentage points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were looking like . And gave up 10 points in the first 2 minutes tbh

It wasnt a good move but we didnt lose the game because of it
    This. And when the starters did come back not much changed. Only LMA played worth a dam.

We've seen this work before where not only does it build the bench's confidence, but it lights a fire under the starters watching the lead grow.

We're going to see a diff team tomorrow. This has worked before with Pop. I'm surprised so many people are surprised and so up in arms about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can handle parker back as a sub (you're not going to get any trade value for him anyway), but manu needs to consider his own lack of drive as a sign that it's time to hang them up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he doesn't even seem to want the ball in his hands and has zero confidence in his shot right now. i keep hoping he'll have one of those stellar games he shows every once in a while but that seems less and less likely.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has worked before with Pop. I'm surprised so many people are surprised and so up in arms about it
    Really? When? I remember pop pulling this in the playoffs before, but don't remember it actually ever achieving anything. He's got some standard desperation playoff moves. They never pay off from what I recall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he doesn't even seem to want the ball in his hands and has zero confidence in his shot right now. i keep hoping he'll have one of those stellar games he shows every once in a while but that seems less and less likely.
    Nope. He's wants the ball in the other teams hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? When? I remember pop pulling this in the playoffs before, but don't remember it actually ever achieving anything. He's got some standard desperation playoff moves. They never pay off from what I recall.
    I would have to go back and find specific series with similar scenarios. But I am 99.9% sure he has benched his guys earlier than most coaches would, and they responded the following game. Like in 2014 against OKC. Game 4, he played the bench the whole 4th quarter. And in game 6 when TP went out, Cojo stepped up and had played quality minutes. Would he have if he didn't play those meaningful minutes when Pop threw in the towel? Who knows.. We saw Simmons hit a few 3s, Bertans, etc... (They also won game 5)

As much as he's letting his main guys watch and take that moment in, he's seeing what he has as well with the young guys in case they're called upon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have to go back and find specific series with similar scenarios. But I am 99.9% sure he has benched his guys earlier than most coaches would, and they responded the following game. Like in 2014 against OKC. Game 4, he played the bench the whole 4th quarter. And in game 6 when TP went out, Cojo stepped up and had played quality minutes. Would he have if he didn't play those meaningful minutes when Pop threw in the towel? Who knows.. We saw Simmons hit a few 3s, Bertans, etc... (They also won game 5)

As much as he's letting his main guys watch and take that moment in, he's seeing what he has as well with the young guys in case they're called upon.
    That I agree with. I think he pulled the stunt too early in this game, but the starters were not playing well. I think he still could have mixed in the younger players with Lamarcus and Kawhi and given his 2 best players the opportunity to come back in the game while at the same time giving a look to the younger players.

I agree the game was already getting out of hand b4 Pop seemingly threw the towel. He saw what he saw and I think the play of not just Simmons, and Bertans, but also Kyle and Murray was encouraging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can blame Parker for that...But Pop is the main responsable if the leading scorer didnt get the ball for long stretches.

Pop called OTs after defensive mistakes but couldnt call one to draw a play for Kawhi in a whole quarter?
    Pop doesn't dictate who receives the ball on every pass. KL passed out of double coverage and wanted the ball back when he was alone. He rarely got it back. If he's going to be the man, he needs to rip some ass over that. Paul George did, and he's nowhere near KL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gave up after 3 quarters.

2003 and 2014 WCF Game 6 never happens with today's Poop. He's an egotistical got that prefers to emasculate his players instead of letting them attempt an unlikely (but not impossible) comeback

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16 point deficit against a shooting team with 8:30 left is very possible.

Poop just decided tp quit.

I wonder of anyone in the media will be strong enough to quwstion his stupid ass.

Thread Information